Sergei Pavlovich / Derrick Lewis Stoppage.... Good? Fair? Bad? Horrible?

What's your opinion?

• Total voters
Well ill tell you what isn't his job: to watch every fight end with someone getting blasted until their unconscious to make 100% sure they weren't going to recover.
Oh sure because its always the extreme other end of it or nothing, theres no middle ground or a good stoppage. Either it was good stoppage or its 100 soccer kicks to the head.
On a less sarcastic note: let me ask you. What fight do you think was an early stoppage. And lets compare…or do you think theres never been early stoppages in mma

The nitpicking about whether this was a proper faceplant or not isn’t really the point. Lewis had no answers, backpedaled and then crumbled to the ground with his face down.

People who refuse to accept reality are the ones who behave like children. Grow up.
People who cannot understand what is obvious and right in front of them are the ones who are less intelligent than children. I would say "grow up" but that's not going to happen here.

The nitpicking about whether this was a proper faceplant or not isn’t really the point. Lewis had no answers, backpedaled and then crumbled to the ground with his face down.
Well it kinda is the point, when people say he faceplanted, its saying he was out cold. which he clearly was not.

People who cannot understand what is obvious and right in front of them are the ones who are less intelligent than children. I would say "grow up" but that's not going to happen here.
Your made up fiction is not reality. The sooner you learn to accept that, the better for you.

People who let their personal biases cloud their judgement are children.
Talking about personal bias. I had no dog in the fight. Just a neutral fan of the sport who saw an extremely early stoppage and voiced my opinion.

YOU, are the one that sounds biased by saying, “its over he lost, get over it, nothing can change it” as if the result of the fight mattered more than discussing what actually happened. Seems like u were just happy pavlovich won, and dont care to discuss honestly if it was early or not.

Or you can just accept reality and stop arguing with adults.
See my point above? You dont even want to discuss the stoppage, you just want to say, he lost, accept it, its over, its done. That tells me you probably know it was an early stoppage but you’re happy with the result.

Horrendous Stoppage.

Lewis has a history of playing possum. You gotta know the fighters tendencies.

So you are endorsing playing dead as a valid defense. Why am I not surprised?

This wasn't that bad a stoppage as i had originally thought in the moment it happened. Lewis would have lost due to the fact he face planted while retreating backwards from the barrage of Pavlovich's punches. Pavlovich would have pounded on top of Lewis leaving referee Dan Migrioltta no choice but to end the fight with no actual defense from Lewis.

See my point above? You dont even want to discuss the stoppage, you just want to say, he lost, accept it, its over, its done. That tells me you probably know it was an early stoppage but you’re happy with the result.
I already discussed the stoppage with you. You are the one who is needlessly arguing with me by poking your nose into my conversations with other members.

He clearly saw Lewis moving, he'd just decided though as you'd apparently concur that he was done, the faceplant was the end for him, regardless of whether Derrick moved again or didn't. That's the crux of my issue he'd made that decision instantly, an elite ref could have changed that decision once he'd seen Derrick clearly conscious and attempting to regain his footing/framing back up and given him those 15-20 hell maybe even just 10 seconds to see if he could regain his feet or jump in if Pavlovch landed and Derrick went back down. See the difference between say Lewis' fight with Tuivasa, he didn't move after getting face planted. He was done and that was 100 percent a good stoppage, compare that with today and he was clearly attempting to frame to get to his feet. Maybe Dan remembered that fight and thought Pavlovich landed with the same power Tai did. He got it wrong. I think he knows it given the look on his fact post fight.

Again, what is your definition of intelligent defense even? You seem to be ignoring the entire sequence before the faceplate where Lewis had every opportunity to clinch or throw back but was turning away from his opponent, which is a really good way to get the ref to intervene.

This wasn't that bad a stoppage as i had originally thought in the moment it happened. Lewis would have lost due to the fact he face planted while retreating backwards from the barrage of Pavlovich's punches. Pavlovich would have pounded on top of Lewis leaving referee Dan Migrioltta no choice but to end the fight with no actual defense from Lewis.
Exactly, that's why we shouldn't even let them fight. Just let people like you predict how shit would've played out!

Back