Sergei Pavlovich / Derrick Lewis Stoppage.... Good? Fair? Bad? Horrible?

What's your opinion?

• Total voters
Again, he did not faceplant, he fell forward. His body wasn’t limp. Calling it a faceplant is insinuating that he was unconscious and couldnt protect his fall. This is why i can tell you are just bias by saying he faceplanted.
View attachment 935070
Look at the angle from behind. His body goes limp on the way down hence he ends up facedown.

Yes stoppage was too early, but I doubt it made any difference.
3 or 4 seconds more would have been about right. Lewis was toast.

So you are endorsing playing dead as a valid defense. Why am I not surprised?
How was he playing deas for a split second, it was way too fast. That would be like blinking during a picture and someone saying you were asleep.

Whether or no the outcome changes is not the point. It was an early stoppage, we can’t tell the future.

its honestly just a flurry in a HW fight. Its possible that after that flurry, they both just start having the usual slow gassing HW kickboxing fight. Or a KO. Its unpredictable. The main point was derrick wasn’t out of the fight, the ref took him out of it.

Exactly, that's why we shouldn't even let them fight. Just let people like you predict how shit would've played out!
At this point, might as well have them just hitting bags for scores, lifting weights and recording punching machine numbers to determine winners of fights.

Look at the angle from behind. His body goes limp on the way down hence he ends up facedown.
Lol he went do limp he braced his head in the fall, and stood right up. I question what going limp means now.

The only difference would have been a couple of more unanswered shots either on the ground or on the feet before face planting again. I.e. no difference at all. Yeah he was trashed at that point. Not sure what the big debate is unless someone lost money and is trying to cope. He was getting his ass beat. The fight was over.

How was he playing deas for a split second, it was way too fast. That would be like blinking during a picture and someone saying you were asleep.
"Lewis has a history of playing possum."

Is literally a quote in the OP by TS. Do you know what the defense mechanism of an Opossum is?

There's an entire thread about them on the front page of this very site.
How many comebacks of the Kongo Barry type happened last year do you think? I'm guessing less about 5. You seem to not grasp how many fights there are annually.

Lol he went do limp he braced his head in the fall, and stood right up. I question what going limp means now.
He went limp and woke up when he hit the ground. Fighters who are in good shape and ready to defend don't usually fall face first since that's the least natural way for a human to fall.

Who cares, Lewis is going nowhere in the rankings and at least Sergei brings some fresh new blood to the division. Black beast is washed up.

How many comebacks of the Kongo Barry type happened last year do you think? I'm guessing less about 5. You seem to not grasp how many fights there are annually.
Could you have possibly "whooshed" this more? You really can't get this extremely elementary concept?

"Lewis has a history of playing possum."

Is literally a quote in the OP by TS. Do you know what the defense mechanism of an Opossum is?
Playing possum in a fight is not literally translated into playing possum like the animal does irl lmao!!!!

playing possum could be the guy pretending to be wobbled, and then throwing a counter. Or yes, falling down to invite a guy into to get submitted is playing possum, what werdum did to fedor.

He went limp and woke up when he hit the ground. Fighters who are in good shape and ready to defend don't usually fall face first since that's the least natural way for a human to fall.
Again, he didnt fall face first, he did not face plant, he fell forward with his hands in front of his face to brace the fall.

Lewis was getting murked from the start. Running, turtling, falling etc etc... He had shown nothing that would say he was going to be competitive. The way he feel he looked limp especially live. Don't know if he was out or not, but he was getting destroyed. It doesn't matter how many punches landed because obviously at least 2 at least severely rocked lewis. Pav was getting ready to unleash some more when the ref stepped in. I probably have a better shot at winning the power ball than Lewis did making it out of that round. I am baffled why people say this stoppage is so bad. We have seen much much worse

Playing possum in a fight is not literally translated into playing possum like the animal does irl lmao!!!!

playing possum could be the guy pretending to be wobbled, and then throwing a counter. Or yes, falling down to invite a guy into to get submitted is playing possum, what werdum did to fedor.

As Culelabra found it. It's not always a sure thing that you are going to deceive one of the 2 guys in the cage with you.

Stupid games, stupid prizes.

I've seen Lewis come back from worse. I feel like he should've been given more time. It was funny right before the fight I was telling everyone at the party how terrible of a ref Dan was.
DisguisedFlippantBetafish-size_restricted.gif

Turtle position you guys wish The Russian do that with Lewis too.

Lewis carrer it's over!!
BouncyClutteredAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

Back