Law Trumps home raided

I refuse to waste any more logic on you

You haven't shown any what are you saving it for?

Can you explain how Trump having the documents the National Archive said he stole and refused to turn over in house is not a crime?

What indication was there that the documents would be destroyed? By all accounts, Trump was cooperating with the National Archives.

Very dangerous precedent to allow federal agents to storm your house and rummage through your belongings because you think someone might destroy documents. Such conduct nullifies subpoenas if you can raid a home based on a hunch. Why even subpoena documents?

It's been two years he's refused to turn over the documents. Two years.

If just to cool off the right wing twittersphere, a press conference with some details would be nice. Without, there's a lot of ammo for the grifters to speculate freely on how "targeted over nothing" this raid was.

I doubt very much that even a video of Trump committing horrific crimes would do anything at all to stop lunatics from speculating wildly. I think the important thing is to get all the ducks in a row, cross the t's, dot the i's, etc. If there's a case to be made, it should be made, but nothing should be rushed.

Meanwhile, there are left leaning Trump haters here worshipping Bill Kristol

I see the didactic function of that post went over your head. Saying "hey, so-and-so made a correct point here," doesn't mean you worship so-and-so or agree with them about everything. I'd think that would have been obvious from the start, but it should be even more so after you find yourself agreeing with someone you don't usually agree with. These are all just people.

Is there any validity to people saying he returned the said documents in February? Did they find what they were looking for? At some point down the road will he be charged or taken to court? If not trump fans will be in full force claiming the whole thing was a farce with decent reason tbh.

U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071
(a)
Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/... unlawfully conceals,United States, or in any

It's been two years he's refused to turn over the documents. Two years.

So why was there the exigency that he would destroy them all of the sudden? That goes against the need for 30 agents with Uzis storming his house. If he didnt destroy them in two years, a subpoena would suffice.

Is there any validity to people saying he returned the said documents in February? Did they find what they were looking for? At some point down the road will he be charged or taken to court? If not trump fans will be in full force claiming the whole thing was a farce with decent reason tbh.
one of the links pro-trumpers posted said that Trumps lawyers have been talking with the gov about the documents for the past 2 years and provided SOME of the documents. But the article was not clear if ALL documents were provided. The article also suggested that the lawyers gave the authorities probable cause by providing SOME of the documents requested.

U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2071
(a)
Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b)
Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071#:~:text=Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals,United States, or in any

So the staffer that removed the documents and placed them in a box cant hold office.

So why was there the exigency that he would destroy them all of the sudden? That goes against the need for 30 agents with Uzis storming his house. If he didnt destroy them in two years, a subpoena would suffice.

The raid is the result of two years of ignored requests.

I see the mods are in attack mode. one of them (who trolls quite a bit) hit me with a yellow card for that post. looks like they got you recently too.

Your post woulda been fine I think, outside of using the P word, which is cardable. T_T

Is that actually confirmed? I had thought the archive document stuff was speculation from talking heads based on prior events, and an assumption of that dispute being the driving force here. Not that for sure that's what it was.

He returned 15 boxes to the archives in February

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/07/trump-records-mar-a-lago/.

This raid is because the national archives filed the complaint prior to Trump returning the documents. Because of the complaint though, the FBI continued to investigate both in April and June. June being the day where they were potentially shown something that said by a Trump's attorney that may have potentially been top secret or classified.

As per CNN https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

"In early June, a handful of investigators made a rare visit to the property seeking more information about potentially classified material from Trump’s time in the White House that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators, including Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section at the Justice Department, sat down with two of Trump’s attorneys, Bobb and Evan Corcoran, according to a source present for the meeting.

At the beginning of the meeting, Trump stopped by and greeted the investigators near a dining room. After he left, without answering any questions, the investigators asked the attorneys if they could see where Trump was storing the documents. The attorneys took the investigators to the basement room where the boxes of materials were being stored, and the investigators looked around the room before eventually leaving, according to the source.

A second source said that Trump came in to say hi and made small talk but left while the attorneys spoke with investigators. The source said some of the documents shown to investigators had top secret markings.

Five days later, on June 8, Trump’s attorneys received a letter from investigators asking them to further secure the room where the documents were stored. Aides subsequently added a padlock to the room.

In April and May, aides to Trump at Mar-a-Lago were interviewed by the FBI as part of the probe into the handling of presidential records, according to a source familiar with the matter.
"

He knows it is a nothing burger, just like CNN. You think CNN would be up in arms in joy over this. But look at how sad and dejected they are LOL

CNN is so far gone it’s scary. This segment is all
about Trump’s response and his plans, not about the FBI raid’s merits. Their bias is so far left they are like the other side of Info Wars.

The raid is the result of two years of ignored requests.

Uhh. Thats not how the 4th amendment works. If I take a gold pen that you say is yours and you ask for it back for two years, and i keep it, the FBI doesn’t get to raid my home to get that pen for you.

Gross overreach.

Is there a more pathetic group than "Bikers for Trump"? Cheering a billionaire on like giddy schoolgirls at a Bieber show. Way to kill your reputation as badass outlaws.

most bikers are just fat ugly cans

Uhh. Thats not how the 4th amendment works. If I take a gold pen that you say is yours and you ask for it back for two years, and i keep it, the FBI doesn’t get to raid my home to get that pen for you.

Gross overreach.

We're not talking about a pen here kiddo.

These are classified documents that belong to the people of the United States.

Is there a more pathetic group than "Bikers for Trump"? Cheering a billionaire on like giddy schoolgirls at a Bieber show. Way to kill your reputation as badass outlaws.
Naw man. Snoop Dogg and the gangsta rappers for Obama, then Hillary got that crown…

Back