Crime FL Teacher resigns after posters of MLK and Obama removed from his class

Lol at throwing a tantrum and quitting because they took down your Obama poster. Nobody's interested in your Obama posters, or a Trump cardboard cut out, and there's no reason the students should know who you vote for.
Do you think having a picture,in a predominantly black school, of Americas first black president, could serve ANY other purpose then to be political?

Wow, that is incredibly disingenuous.

Coach Kennedy wanted to thank god for victory, not preach to the players.

He waited until after the game when the kids were free to leave if they wanted.

The school told him he was not allowed to do so.

I'm not even Christian, but imagine a school telling a high school coach he was not allowed to wear a yarmulke?

Imagine a coach waiting till his players can leave, but are still around, and then whips out an Obama poster and starts talking about how great Obama is, how Obama made the team win, etc. etc.
or
Imagine a coach whipping out his prayer rug and praising Allah with the kids around, praising Allah for everything good that has happened to the team.

What do you think the reaction of the religous people celebrating the coaches victory would be?

Knew it'd be a white guy lol
I would have expected George Floyd and Travon given this dude’s level of soy. But nobody buys his story.

How many woke points you think he got for this fake story? The cuck went straight to the news before even asking any single person or finding a single person in administration that supported his claim. 15 virtue points, 20? Go fund me incoming

"Our office was made aware of this employee's resignation and his stated reasons for resigning very early this morning, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022," the statement read. "Around the same time, we were copied on an email written by this individual and released to the Governor's Office and various media outlets before we had any opportunity to investigate. We are now in the process of conducting a full investigation. If these allegations are deemed factual, we will certainly take corrective action, as it is our aim that all of our teachers feel valued and supported."

Lol at throwing a tantrum and quitting because they took down your Obama poster. Nobody's interested in your Obama posters, or a Trump cardboard cut out, and there's no reason the students should know who you vote for.
Now explain the reason we should remove MLK posters. Don’t want people knowing you support what he stood for?

Imagine a coach waiting till his players can leave, but are still around, and then whips out an Obama poster and starts talking about how great Obama is, how Obama made the team win, etc. etc.
or
Imagine a coach whipping out his prayer rug and praising Allah with the kids around, praising Allah for everything good that has happened to the team.

What do you think the reaction of the religous people celebrating the coaches victory would be?

Skip Obama, unless you think he is a religion and his supporters are operating on faith.

To the prayer rug; I'm 100% for it. If the kids want to praise Allah, they should. If they don't believe, but want to the coach to feel supported, they should. I'm actually surprised you thought this would be a counter-argument, ... do you feel Muslims should not be allowed to express their faith?

Summary: Schools should stay out of religion, not ensure it is not practiced. It's none of their business, either way.

Now explain the reason we should remove MLK posters. Don’t want people knowing you support what he stood for?

What he stood for, or what the man actually was? (Devil's Advocate)

Skip Obama, unless you think he is a religion and his supporters are operating on faith.

To the prayer rug; I'm 100% for it. If the kids want to praise Allah, they should. If they don't believe, but want to the coach to feel supported, they should. I'm actually surprised you thought this would be a counter-argument, ... do you feel Muslims should not be allowed to express their faith?

Summary: Schools should stay out of religion, not ensure it is not practiced. It's none of their business, either way.
I disagree. When you are on the schools properety, and especially if you work for the school, you need to keep your religion private - superstition does not belong in a real education system.

Making it legal like this opens up for, f.ex, a scientologist becoming a coach, and recruting kids just after they won a game. It seems you do not appreciate how much these kids uisually look up to their football/wrestling/whatever coach. Imagine the peer pressure there could be on a team to "join us" or maybe you wont play.

In short - if tax payer money funds it, religion should be kept completely out of it.

I disagree. When you are on the schools properety, and especially if you work for the school, you need to keep your religion private - superstition does not belong in a real education system.

Making it legal like this opens up for, f.ex, a scientologist becoming a coach, and recruting kids just after they won a game. It seems you do not appreciate how much these kids uisually look up to their football/wrestling/whatever coach. Imagine the peer pressure there could be on a team to "join us" or maybe you wont play.

In short - if tax payer money funds it, religion should be kept completely out of it.

So, to be clear, you believe a conservative or orthodox jew should not be allowed to wear a yarmulke?

Lol. Good luck with that.

The way americans can inject culture war and left vs right into everything these days is fucking weird. It is a good show though.,

48d.gif

So, to be clear, you believe a conservative or orthodox jew should not be allowed to wear a yarmulke?

Lol. Good luck with that.
Sure, wear it, wear a cross around your neck - whatever. Just don't talk about it except in an informative way - and praising your God for letting your school football team win is not informative.

Sure, wear it, wear a cross around your neck - whatever. Just don't talk about it except in an informative way - and praising your God for letting your school football team win is not informative.
Your talking about what someone is allowed to do after school hours, outside of a classroom, and with no educational benefit.

Can you show that seeing someone pray is significantly different from seeing any other symbol of religion? Is having a teacher wearing a hijab somehow less demonstrative of belief than someone taking a knee to pray? If so, why?

Also, can you recognize that you are not advocate a system devoid of faith, but rather advocating faith in an atheistic stance as preferable?

There is nothing educational about playing football. "Informative" is absolutely irrelevant in context of the activity.

I'm sorry, but nothing in your argument is remotely persuasive.

Images that were removed from the bulletin board at O.J. Semmes Elementary School included depictions of Martin Luther King Jr., Harriett Tubman, Colin Powell and George Washington Carver, James said.

which one did he vote for again?

Fucking hell imagine being upset at successful black people.

And the reason?
the images as being "age inappropriate."

but Its amurica after all. Kids prolly got their first gun toy out of the womb but cant see successful black people
You're kidding right? I can turn on the TV anytime day or night and see successful black people.

lol figured as much. Wow. This is why we don’t believe incidents like this when first reported. Without details, it’s easy to spin this a certain way
Exactly. Now we got a whole thread talking about him and giving him attention. Which is just what he wanted from this.

You're kidding right? I can turn on the TV anytime day or night and see successful black people.

Shhhhh, no, they're all oppressed and held down by the man. I'd say the most celebrated, and some of the most wealthy celebrities out there, at the moment, are black.

They should have to balance it out, for every picture of MLK one of Adolf Eichmann.

Who's "we"?

I already posted why they asked him to move the posters somewhere other than the main bulletin board. The students were young kids with autism, so they wanted the bulletin board right in front of them to be materials from the curriculum to keep them focused and actually learn instead of trying to teach them one thing while staring at a board of something else.

Your talking about what someone is allowed to do after school hours, outside of a classroom, and with no educational benefit.

Can you show that seeing someone pray is significantly different from seeing any other symbol of religion? Is having a teacher wearing a hijab somehow less demonstrative of belief than someone taking a knee to pray? If so, why?

Also, can you recognize that you are not advocate a system devoid of faith, but rather advocating faith in an atheistic stance as preferable?

There is nothing educational about playing football. "Informative" is absolutely irrelevant in context of the activity.

I'm sorry, but nothing in your argument is remotely persuasive.

Wearing a religious artifact is significantly different than engaging in a religious activity with students, which is what he was doing. Any student who doesn't believe similarly and engage is going to be left out and will end up feeling peer pressured into joining anyways. How does that happen if a teacher or coach wears something religious but doesn't talk about it?

Back