Greatest KO Ever?

Great, but certainly not the greatest.

SeriousWholeAegeancat-max-1mb.gif

Still the best imo

A KO where the losing fighter was pressing the action nonstop to desperately get the victory and then landing the killing blow would be better.

This was just a low probability hail mary shot.

Without context probably not. It's up there for sure but aesthetically there have been more impressive KOs.

With all the context surrounding it and the story, I think it's the best ever yes.

It’s right up there.

Anyone that disagrees keep coping

A KO where the losing fighter was pressing the action nonstop to desperately get the victory and then landing the killing blow would be better.

This was just a low probability hail mary shot.

He was pressing right before the KO. It was the first time in a while he was taking the center and coming forward. He was clearly gassed but didn’t just fold, I think that deserves some credit.

Only because so many Colby and Gsp fanboys wanted to see him lose

When you look at the factors you mentioned, everything on the line, a title fight with a minuite to go come from behind win against p4p ranked fighter. An ATG WW, Undefeated in the ufc....

When you add up all the factors yeah, It's probably the most monumental KO in UFC history. There are others I'm sure. Lawler vs Macdonald 2 has many of these factors.

It was for sure the greatest in ufc history. No one expected that and considered all that was on the line and Edwards being such a underdog who wasn’t respected is like something out of a movie.

I don't have any problem with that opinion. I still place Conor-Aldo #1. Silva-Vitor is also up there, the two greatest strikers of modern MMA and the KO becoming a new deadly move other fighters started using.

Back