Which fighters are the most intentionally violent?

dmwalking

Sapateiro Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was talking about Jon Jones in a previous thread.

after a lot of thought, I consider him to be the most intentionally violent fighter we’ve ever seen.

He finds various creative ways to injure his opponent. Who else is as creative when it comes to trying to inflict harm?

his shoulder crank against Glober comes to mind. He must’ve known that it wouldn’t be a fight ender. So why do it? And what even made him think of doing it? And why don’t other fighters do it? Jones straight up shoulder cranked Glober to try and injure that arm. Why? Take away that punching power.

he’s the first guy I know of that was throwing straight kicks to the knee to hyper extend it. That’s evil.

he fouls every opponent. I feel like he back pockets the foul. Like he knows that his opponent isn’t gonna be the same after the foul. And he’s not going to get disqualified. He’s just going to get warned. I feel like he fouls on purpose. Why? Because he’s just a violent person. He’s going to find every way to hurt

he’s used legal head butts to the body. Who thinks of that?

And when you look back on his finishes……just brutal. Especially the strike finishes. Just pure evil.

can anyone think of a more sadistic fighter than Jones?

maybe wanderlei with the stomps. That’s the only other fighter I can think of.

This isn’t fighter bashing btw. I’m actually in awe of his capacity for violence. Same with Wandy.

I was talking about Jon Jones in a previous thread.

after a lot of thought, I consider him to be the most intentionally violent fighter we’ve ever seen.

He finds various creative ways to injure his opponent. Who else is as creative when it comes to trying to inflict harm?

his shoulder crank against Glober comes to mind. He must’ve known that it wouldn’t be a fight ender. So why do it? And what even made him think of doing it? And why don’t other fighters do it? Jones straight up shoulder cranked Glober to try and injure that arm. Why? Take away that punching power.

he’s the first guy I know of that was throwing straight kicks to the knee to hyper extend it. That’s evil.

he fouls every opponent. I feel like he back pockets the foul. Like he knows that his opponent isn’t gonna be the same after the foul. And he’s not going to get disqualified. He’s just going to get warned. I feel like he fouls on purpose. Why? Because he’s just a violent person. He’s going to find every way to hurt

he’s used legal head butts to the body. Who thinks of that?

And when you look back on his finishes……just brutal. Especially the strike finishes. Just pure evil.

can anyone think of a more sadistic fighter than Jones?

maybe wanderlei with the stomps. That’s the only other fighter I can think of.

This isn’t fighter bashing btw. I’m actually in awe of his capacity for violence. Same with Wandy.
I maintain that the straight kick to the knee started and continued because of the Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera fight. It was an accidental attack, but Greg Jackson was in one of their corners.

I suspect Greg Jackson started drilling that technique with his favorite pupils the following Monday.

giphy.gif

I know what you are trying to say,but intentionally violent is what pretty much all fighters are.

I think its that Jones is alot more comfortable with the more sadistic elements,which is a plus in this game. People might cry foul about him jacking Glover's arm but that made the fight so much easier for him to win. I would do the same.

Mark Kerr: It's what depths are you willing to go to? Will you smash a guy w headbutss,and then pry open the cut and put your finger inside? Of course you will. Heh.

The fighters with this kind of mentality have a mental edge,because mercy isnt in their vocabulary,and thats good. Mercy will never help you in a fight. Arona and some other guys found out the hard way.

Palhares is way more violent/sadistic than Jones. Not even a contest. Palhares holding onto chokes/bone locks way after the ref has ended the fight.
Palhares is an idiot. He only gains disadvantages from doing that. He already has the fight won. He risks disqualification.He ruined his career. He is a moron.

Back