Nate tried quitting but ref wouldn’t stop it

If a fighter can turn and run why can’t Mate the Great take a rest?

This legit made me laugh out loud.

Some people are wildly emotionally attached to this stuff.

Nate being Nate doing his antics.

Both Tony and Nate are no longer UFC ranked caliber fighters. It was cool they got a payday, and Nate leaves on his own terms. Be happy for these guys.
I'm happy as fuck right now NGL. Couldn't have asked for more. The ufcs plans got foiled, Nate got to go out on a win and we got to see two old lions in a war instead of squash matches.

It's like Rando tapping TIto's butt. Ref could've stopped it. Except even moreso in this case because there was apparent cause (leg damage).

I'm happy as fuck right now NGL. Couldn't have asked for more. The ufcs 0lans got foiled, Nate got to go out on a win and we got to see two old lions in a war instead of squash matches.

Honestly the UFC pays these guys really poorly and it irritates me seeing "fans" on here root for mult-hundred-millionaires paying peanuts to fighters who are taking brain damage to entertain us.

These guys deserve better and the UFC tried to pull a real bullshit move on Nate, who's made them obscene amounts of cash. Thrilled for him and Tony also got a winnable fight.

Most of the people in the thread so far thought it. I was almost certain of it. That doesn't make you a hater. I was very happy to see Diaz get a win and ride into the sunset. Not sure why you would make a comment like that.
Don't be ridiculous both guys were taunting and fucjing around

Seems in round 3 he tried quitting by waving it off multiple times but ref wouldn’t stop the fight.

it was after a massive low kick to the right leg.
He just kept walking around just waving his hand.
I seriously thought Nate was trying to quit but ref wouldn’t accept it. So he just went back to fighting.
expected joint date to be 2022, not 2007

He was baiting but don't think he would have complained if the ref stopped it
He turned his back, walked away, leaned against the fence and then walked away waiving his hand.

That fight could have 100% been stopped and ruled a TKO/retirement at that point.

The ONLY reason it wasn't stopped was probably because it was Nate Diaz and he is a big star and Tony is a goddamn idiot and didn't attack, as that would have likely forced the ref to intervene.

Back