Why do American crowds always boo Aljo?

He’s the only hope the country has to hold a belt, going forward.

TJ is fighting for the same belt and could easily win. He's a +130 underdog.

Last edited:
He’s a class act, a good guy, has never had a bad incident outside the cage, always has a good attitude.

Most importantly, he’s the ONLY American-born male champ on the roster. He’s the only elite fighter remaining that was born on US soil. He’s the only hope the country has to hold a belt, going forward.

I don’t understand these idiot fans.
Hard post to interpret. On the surface, it's pro-Aljo...But is it really, underneath? TS knew beforehand that it would draw in hate against Sterling. So maybe it is a
Disguised Aljo Hate Thread!?!

Cause of this.

This is the first time-released knock out in human history. Petr Yan must have learned this woo woo mystical energy shit from aliens or Doctor Strange.

Aljo.gif
Yup yup. There is not a single incident of someone going out on delayed time after they've been hit- Source: been around a lot of knocked out people

TJ is fighting for the same belt and could easily win. He's a +130 underdog.
One of the easiest bets of the year, Dillashaw is going to get manhandled like Yan did.

One of the easiest bets of the year, Dillashaw is going to get manhandled like Yan did.

That fight was basically a draw. Sterling was only successful with his wrestling in 2 out of 5 rounds (2 out of 9 if we include the 1st fight). Dillashaw is also a better wrestler than Yan, but he's older and not as good of a striker at this point.

Yup yup. There is not a single incident of someone going out on delayed time after they've been hit- Source: been around a lot of knocked out people

Delayed reactions happen within seconds, not minutes...

UFC is not Looney Tunes
92486c452fff6e599e1f308c8ec5243edcb2c298.gifv

Identity can be complex and multifaceted. Being a not-white athlete can still be complicated if you are ostensibly supposed to appeal to a white fan base domestically. Same issue with Khabib being a Muslim, Russian, Dagestani, even if those identities clash sometimes.

He got finished by Yan, then won a very close fight and now acts like he destroyed Yan.

Hmmm....let me think this one over a bit....

aljamain-sterling-belt-winner.jpg

Is not just the American fans... just all the fans (in general) dont like Aljo.
But Americans love coating their sports in patriotism far more than other countries. They cheer USA the moment a fight starts. It’s just surprising to me that they would boo the only current championship-level fighter that comes from their country.

Not even indifference, it’s straight booing with passion.

But Americans love coating their sports in patriotism far more than other countries. They cheer USA the moment a fight starts. It’s just surprising to me that they would boo the only current championship-level fighter that comes from their country.

Not even indifference, it’s straight booing with passion.

I dont know but he is always around with the Jamaican flag.

This is a separate point entirely and he did recently lose his title but Usman was a USA wrestle boxer and a badass defending champion I don't care where he was born.

He’s a class act, a good guy, has never had a bad incident outside the cage, always has a good attitude.

Most importantly, he’s the ONLY American-born male champ on the roster. He’s the only elite fighter remaining that was born on US soil. He’s the only hope the country has to hold a belt, going forward.

I don’t understand these idiot fans.

My post was deleted to your response

If it shows up look how tame my response.

lol nothing offensive atball about it. Maybe I said black guy.

which wouldn’t even be offensive in oz

He won the title cleanly in the 2nd fight and he’s the only champion left that was born in your slumping country.
I bet you could count the number of fighters in the UFC from your country on one hand.

Yes like Usman, Adesanya, Ngannou and so on :rolleyes:
When you're a black MMA fighter let alone champion, you have less room for error in order to be a draw because let's be real: the target demographic (white Caucasian males, typically conservative) wants their black fighters to either act stereotypical for entertainment purposes (like Rampage) or to be a pro-USA/indifferent hard worker who keeps their mouth shut and just takes fights (like Kevin Holland). Any deviation from these two, and most typical MMA fans will turn on you in heartbeat as soon as you make a polarizing move. I'm black myself, and have always noticed this.

Starting from FLW up, Demetrius Johnson was in an unpopular division and never got a UFC promotional push he deserved then got traded, BW champ Aljamain Sterling won the belt by DQ and arguably point fought his first defense, FW & LW have no real black contenders/draws excluding maybe Jalin Turner & AJ McKee in Bellator, WW Usman was pretty dominant and was starting to become popular but got KO'd by Leon Edwards for the strap in which he is typically in somewhat boring decisions and doesnt have much personality, MW has Adesanya who's progressive views, cockiness, weirdness, and current string of lackluster fights have turned fans against him, LHW had the notorious GOAT contender in Jones who has a plethora of reasons for someone to dislike him that is too numerous to even attempt to explain, and lastly I'd say Ngannou's push for fighter pay and holdout soured a lot of fans image of him , especially the Dana dickriders. You also have Derrick Lewis and Curtis Blaydes, but Lewis acts really stereotypical (and most MMA fans love it, of course) and Blaydes is a high level HW gatekeeper but is just not a draw especially with his tendency to wrestle opponents to high hell for occasionally boring fights.

There are a few outliers, but a lot like the country itself in the USA, American MMA fans will only support certain types of African American men, usually the ones who are either their vision of how a black men "usually" acts or should act in their eyes, or the ones who just shut up and put in work, this sentiment is not too different than the country itself. Talented outspoken leftist black fighters like Kevin Lee with losing streaks are often shown the door more often than not, while you have America stanning MAGA white Colby Covington headlining PPVs when I can count maybe 3 entertaining fights he's been apart of, and right wing politics dominated the spectacle more than the fights themselves. Dana White privelege is real, and Dana ain't the only one who supplies it. Kind of makes me sick, to be honest.

You don't have to love someone just because their parents fucked on the same continent as your parents did
Bingo. Just like religion and many other things, you don't have to stan or love something just because it's all the rage in you country. Wish more people realized this....

Edit: this is pretty controversial and will attract some haters, so I expect it to be deleted. But alas, I said what I said...

Back