• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Chimaev has brought out the dumbest takes in Sherdog history.

I used to think only Conor was capable of bringing out this level of delusion, but the recent heel turn by Khamzat has MMA fans saying stuff like:

“Khamzat only has one round of cardio. Colby will drown him.”

“Burns is just a bloated lightweight.”

“He was scared of Nate and ducked the fight.”

Khamzat is the gift that keeps on giving. Got the American fans so deranged they are pulling Olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics to justify how he actually isn’t anything special.
Caucasus fighters trigger American MMA fans to a point where it s actually funny.

I used to think only Conor was capable of bringing out this level of delusion, but the recent heel turn by Khamzat has MMA fans saying stuff like:

Khamzat is the gift that keeps on giving. Got the American fans so deranged they are pulling Olympic gold medal level mental gymnastics to justify how he actually isn’t anything special.
It goes both ways. He hasn't taken a single belt yet, and I've seen people calling him a future triple-weight champ and future GOAT. The dude is legit, he's wrestled up a bunch of smaller guys and strikers, but he still needs to be tested against a real grappler that isn't half his weight.

He singlehandedly messed up the majority of a card because of his weight issues which he was not apologetic about in any way.

Are we supposed to love him for that?
Yeah karen but it turned all right did it not

I love your made up quotes, TS. All I heard was people hating on him for being a fucking total douchebag who thinks he can just show up at any weight, fight everyone backstage and make MMA look like a bunch of crazy hot heads.

Fuck that guy and everyone who thinks he's cool. He's a piece of shit, end of story.

It goes both ways. He hasn't taken a single belt yet, and I've seen people calling him a future triple-weight champ and future GOAT. The dude is legit, he's wrestled up a bunch of smaller guys and strikers, but he still needs to be tested against a real grappler that isn't half his weight.
None exist. He's stronger than Usman and Colby and no big grapplers at 185

Leech is no world beater, but he is a + UFC fighter. As soon as the bell rang, Borz hefted him up by his waist, carried him across the cage, slammed him down in front of Dana, shouted "I am the king" and promptly put him dead out asleep in 2 minutes. In half of his UFC fights, he has literally been untouched.

Has anyone seen that before?

If that happened in an mma movie, sherbros would be howling with derisive laughter over how completely unrealistic that scenario is.

Ya, I think the hype is understandable, lol. Does that mean he is an unbeatable 3 division future HOF'er? Of course not, but how can you not be intrigued by the possibility?

He doesn't bumrush for a takedown every fight so good luck trying to figure out when it's coming.
He seems to do it vs anyone who is very likely a better striker(Leech and Holland) and not do it to guys who would be a legit threat to submit him (Burns so far)

Yeah karen but it turned all right did it not
That's like saying even though you caused a car accident by being reckless and since people involved got medical attention you don't deserve any ill will because "it turned out all right did it not"

My favorite part of his post fight speech was when he said "This is Chechyna motherfuckers!". Felt like some old school Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff ish...

Lol I especially I find the role of Gilbert Burns in all of this quite funny

He's either referred to exclusively as either a bloated lightweight, or the best BJJ player in the UFC depending on which narrative you are pushing

He seems to do it vs anyone who is very likely a better striker(Leech and Holland) and not do it to guys who would be a legit threat to submit him (Burns so far)

That has been the case, I guess we'll have to see sir.

Missing weight is a heel turn?

<Dany07>
it has been for him and other yes. perfect scenario imo. Khamzat has always been a heel but he smelled so new we gave him a pass for his trash behaviour and bully mentality.

now he can flourish as the heel persona hes always been.

Lol I especially I find the role of Gilbert Burns in all of this quite funny

He's either referred to exclusively as either a bloated lightweight, or the best BJJ player in the UFC depending on which narrative you are pushing
Both are true, to an extent. He's definitely one of the smallest WWs, and he also has phenomenal BJJ, though I don't think it's particularly well adapted to MMA. These things aren't contradictory.

Caucasus fighters trigger American MMA fans to a point where it s actually funny.
The UK fans hate them more than Americans. I’ve noticed that most of the new Oliviera/Costa fans share the same fanbase as Paddy and Conor

That's like saying even though you caused a car accident by being reckless and since people involved got medical attention you don't deserve any ill will because "it turned out all right did it not"
Don t take this stuff so seriously

Those are all very dumb takes. I do think Colby is super overrated, but so is Burns probably. WW has just been very weak for a long time now. Khamzat and Shavkat are exciting though.

But you must be new because the dumbest takes of all time were idiots who said Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA or a street fight or Ronda would beat some male MMA fighters. People bought the Rogan hype lol.

Back