Chimaev has brought out the dumbest takes in Sherdog history.

Leech is no world beater, but he is a + UFC fighter. As soon as the bell rang, Borz hefted him up by his waist, carried him across the cage, slammed him down in front of Dana, shouted "I am the king" and promptly put him dead out asleep in 2 minutes. In half of his UFC fights, he has literally been untouched.

Has anyone seen that before?

If that happened in an mma movie, sherbros would be howling with derisive laughter over how completely unrealistic that scenario is.

Ya, I think the hype is understandable, lol. Does that mean he is an unbeatable 3 division future HOF'er? Of course not, but how can you not be intrigued by the possibility?

Only thing that comes close was when khabib did similar to Michael Johnson.

After rewatching the fight w Holland he def gambled everything on a quick finish. When he tapped Holland he was breathing heavy
Total commitment to ending it quick w everything he had. Beautiful performance tho
Yeah he did but he got the finish had it gone to rd 2 I got to say with his striking Holland might of won. With Colby he definitely fights emotional as Colby will call him every name he can think of fuvking with him. Khaz has the strength to finish Colby in 1 rd but I would bet Colby weather's it then goes to his constant pressure and Khaz melts. I think Costa would get in his head as well but Costa hasxa worse gas tank thsn Khaz

I think chimaev if he can make the 170 weight consistently, will most likely win that belt sooner or later. His wrestling is ridiculously good. But where I start to differ is this talk about him going to MW and dominating the guys at that weight class or at least the guys in the top 10. I don’t think his chances are as good there. Guys who are bigger than him with good wrestling. Take for example costa. We were talking about this in another thread. Some were acting like he would dust costa in one round. N
To me thst is laughable. Costa has good wrestling for that weight class, is much higher than chimaev and hits much harder than anyone he has fought. He was getting wobbled by burns I can only imagine what would happen with costa cracking him. I know he wouldn’t fight like a caveman like he did with burns, but he also would have a difficult time getting costs to the ground and if he did get him there would struggle to hold him there. I don’t know if Izzy could keep chimaev from taking him down, but if chimaev took Izzy down he would most likely hold him down and pins on him. But Izzy TDD held up, he would absolutely piece him up. I think Brunson would be interesting fight. And I think cannonier would give him problems with his wrestling abilities and how hard he hits.

I'm capable of appreciating a fighters skill while acknowledging he's got a garbo personality.

if you promote a guy as a 3 weight classes future champion.
He wins a close split decision against Burns.
What do you expect?
Off course everybody would consider him to be overrated.
A fighter is measured by the expectation and perception that is sold.
you just prove op a point with the mental gymnastic with the first line you wrote the decision was unanimous and was pretty clear

Yeah he did but he got the finish had it gone to rd 2 I got to say with his striking Holland might of won. With Colby he definitely fights emotional as Colby will call him every name he can think of fuvking with him. Khaz has the strength to finish Colby in 1 rd but I would bet Colby weather's it then goes to his constant pressure and Khaz melts. I think Costa would get in his head as well but Costa hasxa worse gas tank thsn Khaz

"had it gone to rd 2 I got to say with his striking Holland might of won"
<TheWire1>

ITT OP doesn't even include the most ridiculous Khamzat takes from this forum this week, and somehow manages to make it an American versus the rest thing.

posters have claimed he'll be WW, MW, LHW champ.

one doofus even said HW but I think he was trolling, although it's hard to tell here.

some have claimed if he gets WW and MW straps he'll be GOAT, with no defenses required...

yet what was listed in OP are the worst takes?

dude has talent, it's undeniable. everything else is speculation at this point. I don't love that he missed weight by 7.5 lbs, think it's a bit unprofessional (his coach agrees https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/9/...-issues-shoots-down-ufc-279-conspiracy-theory), but also don't really give a damn either.

as far as all the takes, they're all speculation and imagination right now. lmk when he's got belts and a few defenses.

Last edited:
Ignore the fans, the hype, the bullshit and watch the sport. Still comment on Sherdog though please. Enjoy reading haters, lovers, and normal people :)

He is... and he could be a champion.

He's already among the best WW, i have no problem with that.

But talking about 3 belts is a bit laughable right now <GOT2>
What about 2 belts? As a dominant wrestler, he matches up very well vs Izzy or Pereira

Well said. Sherdoggers are some of the most schizophrenic, short sided, emotional nitwit basement dwelling homo sapiens, ever.

There’s no denying Khamzat. Obviously he has undeniable talent.
But that weight fiasco is just so unlikeable.
Anyways I just want to see him in a big fight…

I seem to recall Colby’s cardio wasn’t that strong his last fight vs Usman. Sherdog forgets sometimes.

The funny thing is everything they say about Khamzat is true LMAO.

Khamzat is overrated as hell.

He slowed down, yet threw more and landed more in the 3rd round of the Burns fight.
Not sure what your definition of slowing down is sir.
Lightweight Burns lit Khamzat's ass up in the third round. That round could have went either way. Not to mention he dropped Khamzat a couple of times in that fight.

Lightweight Burns lit Khamzat's ass up in the third round. That round could have went either way. Not to mention he dropped Khamzat a couple of times in that fight.

Lightweight Burns was the #2 WW and he lost.
He definitely didn't "light his ass up" in the third either.

Lightweight Burns was the #2 WW and he lost.
He definitely didn't "light his ass up" in the third either.
Lightweight Burns lit Khamzat's overrated ass up in the third round. You can keep pretending it didn't happen if it makes you feel better.

Khamzat struggled against a blown up lightweight.

Back