• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chimaev has brought out the dumbest takes in Sherdog history.

Reminds me when people were saying Aldo does everything better than Conor who is a one trick pony and will be beat easily.

Yeah, he will retired undefeated or he will be the first triple weight champs are the worst examples of those

he was told to stop cutting and then rehydrated. He weighed 175 when he went to bed snd started vomiting and cramping in the middle of the night. You guys act like he was just being a careless asshole on purpose.

Oh boo hoo for him, his tummy hurt! <Lmaoo>

You're right in a lot of ways. Except for the underrating of Gilbert Burns. People act like Khamzat isn't great because he only beat Burns in a close fight? WW Gilbert Burns is a fucking MONSTER. This isn't some journeyman. He's an elite cream of the crop contender who had only lost to Usman at WW (and he had Usman badly wobbled). He ragdolled Wonderboy, destroyed Maia with ease (Usman/Colby/Woodley couldn't finish old Maia), dominated Woodley. He's an experienced veteran killer at the very top of the WW division. And Khamzat beat him in his 11th pro fight.

You can trash Khamzat for a lot of things. But beating Gilbert Burns isn't one of those things. Gilbert is a top 5 WW in the world.

Indeed, so he makes a good contender for being a champ in the WW division, not more.

But people are talking about 3 belts, here's the difference <GOT2>

Also, Burns was 35 years old during the fight and Khamzat 27 years old. Despite his size advantage in every aspect, he still struggled.

You're not some mystical monster when you struggle against an older smaller man.

I mean, how many days behind are you on current events? He was 175 when he went to bed and started cramping and vomiting in the middle of the night, the doctor said to stop cutting, so he did and rehydrated that morning and weighed at 178.5. People are acting like he was just like “I think I’ll ruin this fight by not even trying!” Lmao.

He only has to stop being a weight bully and everything will be fine <GOT2>

Moving goalposts is Sherdog's favorite sport, after mental gymnastics

Indeed, so he makes a good contender for being a champ in the WW division, not more.

But people are talking about 3 belts, here's the difference <GOT2>

Also, Burns was 35 years old during the fight and Khamzat 27 years old. Despite his size advantage in every aspect, he still struggled.

You're not some mystical monster when you struggle against an older smaller man.
If the only way you can shit on a guy is comparing him to a mystical monster, that guy is probably pretty good.

I can guarantee Colby would make Khaz fight emotionally so he would likely gas badly if he couldn't finish early. And unless Usman has fallen off I see no method of victory as hr loses standing likely gets kod and of he goes for tske down even if he gets it he will expend so much energy it may not be worth it. (Usman has that prime Aldo level TDD) I like Shav chances much better actually thsn Khaz against those 2.
After rewatching the fight w Holland he def gambled everything on a quick finish. When he tapped Holland he was breathing heavy
Total commitment to ending it quick w everything he had. Beautiful performance tho

Khamzat's the dumb one, and Dana should force him to fight a top MW next fight like Costa, Whittaker, or Vettori. Khamzat already said he won't fight Whittaker, which is more bullshit from him. He ain't the boss, and he fucked up the last card by missing weight by 8 pounds.

If the only way you can shit on a guy is comparing him to a mystical monster, that guy is probably pretty good.

He is... and he could be a champion.

He's already among the best WW, i have no problem with that.

But talking about 3 belts is a bit laughable right now <GOT2>

I mean, how many days behind are you on current events? He was 175 when he went to bed and started cramping and vomiting in the middle of the night, the doctor said to stop cutting, so he did and rehydrated that morning and weighed at 178.5. People are acting like he was just like “I think I’ll ruin this fight by not even trying!” Lmao.

I don't think the general public knew he was sick and vomiting the night before and that the doctor told him to stop cutting weight. When he stepped on the scale and weight 178.5, no one knew and that is why I felt people were pissed at Khamzat.

Even in his post fight interview he said he didn't care about that shit...being overweight that is...when Joe was asking if it concerned him regarding a title shot.

Oh, and sorry, I don't eat, breathe, shit Sherdog or MMA 24-7. It's something I enjoy watching but I have a family and other hobbies I enjoy.

I was impressed and predicted he would overwhelm and maul Holland, but he better learn to pace himself verse guys who withstand that 1st round burst.

Back