What are some boomer MMA takes that you would still defend as true?

idk I get the feeling francis doesnt like getting hit and his ground game is pretty weak compared to fedor. I'm not saying prime fedor would steam roll him but he hung with crocop and out grappled randleman. I feel like fancis would have only really had a "punchers chance" and I cant really see him being able to stop prime fedor from getting him to the ground.

I believe Lesnar would have beaten Fedor. I think Couture probably could have. I dont want to say that Pride was overrated but it was sketchy and had a lot of favorable matchups. I do think at the time, tho, Fedor was the best HW on the planet but I think he carried that mantle a lot longer than he should have.

You got them all wrong

Fedor would have Zulu’d or Timmeh’d Francis

Matt Hughes after a country breakfast would have slammed Usman

prime LW Bj Penn would beat Fedor in an open weight GP

I dont see why you think Hughes would beat Usman. I hate Usman but I dont see any way he loses that fight.

Prime Fedor would have had Francis’s back and choked him out within the first round. Only heavyweight I think would have beaten him in his prime was Cain.

I believe Lesnar would have beaten Fedor. I think Couture probably could have. I dont want to say that Pride was overrated but it was sketchy and had a lot of favorable matchups. I do think at the time, tho, Fedor was the best HW on the planet but I think he carried that mantle a lot longer than he should have.
Brock didnt bring anything to the table that Randalman didnt bring also brock reacted horribly to getting hit, fedor would have made him panic. Plus brocks only game was to wrestle, fedor would have subbed him.

Nope. Prime Jones eats him alive still. He could've had fully functioning titanium knees and Jones would've destroyed him when they fought.

How about that Hess and Belfort rematch?

I still remember him promising to KTFO Vitor faster than Vitor did him.

I strated watching MMA and reading Sherdog in 2004 , unlike most ya TUF noobs ;)

Brock didnt bring anything to the table that Randalman didnt bring also brock reacted horribly to getting hit, fedor would have made him panic. Plus brocks only game was to wrestle, fedor would have subbed him.

Respect to Randleman but he did not have the wrestling chops Brock does. Also, while Brock doesnt like to get hit, he's been in there with some hard puchers.

In a ring, maybe Fedor. In a cage, he gets Donkey Kong'd against the cage like Frank Mir.

None of the Pride guys that came to the UFC did real well. That oughta tell you something.

Back