If DC had beaten Jon Jones in both fights decisively, would he be unanimous GOAT

Ripp0ntare

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.

Last edited:
Probably and if Jones didn’t exist, we’d be talking about DC’s run at LHW and calling him the most dominant LHW ever and possibly GOAT. Sucks for DC that Jon was just better.
DC did a murderers row that I would put up against most GOAT fighters kill streak.

Beat Rumble twice, when people were all on Rumbles dick the 2nd fight
Smashed Henderson
Smashed Anderson, though he wasnt really in his prime anymore and it was late notice but still.....
beat Stipe first go around
beat prime gus
Deaded everyone in the strikeforce tourne as a reserve.

Last edited:
DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.

Edit: fucked up the title....Beat* sorry guys. Mods can you change this?

Record was padded a bit with smaller past their prime guys like Hendo and Silva. Pico Jones is a whole other animal though and DC got served.

Not really because this forum is pretty split on who the goat is.
Guess it depends on your opinion on Steroids but as you said people will always be split on who they think is the GOAT. However Jones is Always at the top of the list so if DC was Jon Jones he'd at least be in the discussion. Many consider Jones the GOAT. With GSP we have the grease gate among other things. With Aldo there was the time one of his urine samples was discarded etc.. I think DJ is the only guy that is Squeaky clean but most don't even consider him in the GOAT discussion (at least they didn't before) maybe now more people do.

You're up late, Daniel

Maybe not #1 GOAT, and definitely not unanimous #1 GOAT, especially since he'd still have 2 losses to Stipe, but he would definitely be in top 4 for sure.

He would need to defend successfully against francis too.

Yes I can l@nd0

He would be among the greats for sure, but I don't think there will ever be a unanimous GOAT. He would definitely be in the top 5/10 though.

He would certainly have deserved to be in the top tier had he beat Jones twice instead. Strong HW run in SF. Dominating the UFC LHW division and then doing a strong run as UFC HW champ, after Cain left would all have been very strong factors.

I currently rank GSP/Fedor as 1A/1B but think DC would have had to pass them with that run

I still don't think he would have been on par with GSP. He is to fat to be Goat. Plus he pissed me off when he fought scared against a old Silva on short notice. That fight sucked.

He almost managed to get finished too, Had silva reacted differently when he had him hurt he may have even managed to land a knee on his face and finish him. We all know DC would have ducked to take him down.

In regards to the OP though, yeah hell yeah, DC would be UFC GOAT and jones would be on suicide watch.

Back