If DC had beaten Jon Jones in both fights decisively, would he be unanimous GOAT

DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.

Edit: fucked up the title....Beat* sorry guys. Mods can you change this?

Likely but he wasn't disciplined enough. His duet and off season were a reflection of that. He's probably nearly 300lbs right now.

I'm not dunking on DC. I think he's a great. I think Paddy will hurt himself too. There are fighters like Bhop that lasted so long because of the discipline.

DC is a hard #2 silver medalist.

He almost managed to get finished too, Had silva reacted differently when he had him hurt he may have even managed to land a knee on his face and finish him. We all know DC would have ducked to take him down.

In regards to the OP though, yeah hell yeah, DC would be UFC GOAT and jones would be on suicide watch.

That waa short notice past prime Silva too. A prime Silva turns him into mashed potatoes. Losing to Silva isn't a bad thing. Silva was terrifying. That was a short notice fight 3rds and Silva found the body shot.

He almost managed to get finished too, Had silva reacted differently when he had him hurt he may have even managed to land a knee on his face and finish him. We all know DC would have ducked to take him down.

In regards to the OP though, yeah hell yeah, DC would be UFC GOAT and jones would be on suicide watch.

Yeah DC is nice but I dont like him. I find him cringe and selective

He also retired if you ask me to avoid fighting and possibly losing to any other HW. He only lost to 2 fighters officially but deserved a loss to Gust

Beating Jones doesn't make him undefeated, he still also lost his other major rivalry to Stipe.

More importantly though, he also wouldn't have the amount of title defences necessary to be among the GOATs. If you say he beats Jones twice that only gives him 5 LHW title defences, which doesn't beat Jon's record or even Tito's, and then he only had the 1 HW title defence. That's only 6 total defences.

It wouldn't really change much IMO. He still would have to be below the true GOAT tier of ones with much higher defences/streaks, though I could see the possible argument for overtaking Aldo for being a dual weight champ meanwhile Aldo specifically failed to win the BW title against Yan (or since). And while it would be among the best wins in the sport sure, you'd also have to remember that if Jon lost twice to DC that's 2 less title wins for Jones which devalues himself too so the more he beats Jones the less value it brings him. In a way it's better to end the streak once, like Cejudo/MM, than to repeatedly beat him.

Let alone if we're changing the timeline so much who's to say that Jon losing 2x to DC doesn't make him be the one to move to HW, wherein he's the one who instead wins the HW belt and defends a few times? That's the problem with fantasy series. You can change whatever you want.

If your sister had a dick, she'd be your brother.

He defeated the man at HW who obliterated The Sherdog Cult of Fedor Goat Despite Being Finished FIVE times.
Who is that you say?
DC crushed Bigfoot Silva easily. A green Daniel Cormier laughed at Bigfoot, pummeling him.
And yet that same Bigfoot Silva had just thrashed the supposed Cult Of Sherdog Fantasy Mythical Pride Goat, Fedor Emelianenko. Fedor was beaten like an animal, sent back to the short bus, humiliated and pounded like a chubby human punching bag.
That punching bag is considered the Greatest Of All Time by a select, crazed Religious sect known as The Unrealistic Mythic Priests of Fedor Supremists.
The man that utterly embarrassed The Myth was beat down by DC.
Daniel Cormier's destruction of Bigfoot Silva sets him apart as one of the greatest men to ever walk into a cage.
Hail The Real Last Emperor, Daniel Cormier.
Because he beat Bigfoot Silva.
You know, the guy that butchered Fedor with no mercy.

Probably and if Jones didn’t exist, we’d be talking about DC’s run at LHW and calling him the most dominant LHW ever and possibly GOAT. Sucks for DC that Jon was just better.
This

It would be a hard argument against DC if he did beat Jon 2x and more than likely he wouldnt of fought Stipe the 2nd time and would walked off into the sunset undefeated... Or If Jon's calfs were thicker maybe he be in the NFL with his brothers... If only DC was in another era...

Last edited:
DC did a murderers row that I would put up against most GOAT fighters kill streak.

Beat Rumble twice, when people were all on Rumbles dick the 2nd fight
Smashed Henderson
Smashed Anderson, though he wasnt really in his prime anymore and it was late notice but still.....
beat Stipe first go around
beat prime gus
Deaded everyone in the strikeforce tourne as a reserve.

DC's resume of wins are better than Jon's, but no one says it.

No, because GOAT discussions are dumb as fuck. But I was really hoping he would win both of those. I looked like this after the last one:
<DCrying>

DC has an extremely solid record, but the cloud of Jon has and will always be over him.
Had he split the fights or won both decisively would he be considered goat by majority of fans?

I get the 2nd fight was No contest, but I'm referring to if he had UD or finished him.

Edit: fucked up the title....Beat* sorry guys. Mods can you change this?

I mean i consider him one of the best to ever do it as is...so you give him wins over Jones for sure hes in that convo ...

Dual weight champion arguably puts him ahead of Jones in some ways already...its probably what motivates Jones to go to HW so he can also take that away from Daniel...as Jones is petty and can't have a guy like Cormier ahead of him on anything

...as Jones is petty and can't have a guy like Cormier ahead of him on anything

You've got that backwards; it's DC who's the petty one. If anything, Jones gets a kick out of riling up DC, but DC is the one who can't get over that Jon beat him. Heck, it was Jones saying that he could take DC down (turns out he could) that started the whole bad blood between them.

Guess it depends on your opinion on Steroids but as you said people will always be split on who they think is the GOAT. However Jones is Always at the top of the list so if DC was Jon Jones he'd at least be in the discussion. Many consider Jones the GOAT. With GSP we have the grease gate among other things.

"Among other things"
Stuff people say when they have nothing else to add :rolleyes:

And you're going to equal having too much vaseline on you with using fcking STEROIDS?? <FookIsThatGuy>
No one gave a shit when Anderson greased, but when he was exposed as a steroid user, his legacy was done.

No one cares about the so called "greasegate" except for salty GSP haters trying to make it a thing, like with DC haters and "towelgate"

How about Jones and STEROIDgate? <BC1>

Fedor & GSP => Natty GOATs 4ever <{silvanormal}> keep crying <NewGina>

You've got that backwards; it's DC who's the petty one. If anything, Jones gets a kick out of riling up DC, but DC is the one who can't get over that Jon beat him. Heck, it was Jones saying that he could take DC down (turns out he could) that started the whole bad blood between them.

Jones seems pretty rattled by anyone who's out ahead of him on lists ..but im sure Daniel holds a special place among those people..

You dont utter the words i will literally kill you... To someone your not invested in hating lol

Probably and if Jones didn’t exist, we’d be talking about DC’s run at LHW and calling him the most dominant LHW ever and possibly GOAT. Sucks for DC that Jon was just better.

If Jones doesn't exist then DC would still only have 3 title defences, which would still be less than Tito, Chuck, and Shamrock.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, everyone would have a Merry Christmas!

Back