Who deserves titleshot more-> O'Malley or Chito Vera?

BJJ Lover

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana said winner of O'Malley/Yan gets titleshot but, given how controversial his "win" was, who gets it now?

O'Malley just beat the #1 guy, but only in the minds of 2 judges and a minority of everyone else.

Chito has a win of O'Malley and is on a 4 fight win streak that got him into the top 5 rankings.

Sean's probably going to be ranked higher now but they're both up there.

Another question I have that I'd like to see some opinions on: who has a better shot at beating Sterling?

Vera deserves it more. O'Malley is going to get it first. Its really about how much attention you can draw to yourself these days, and O'Malley is doing just that. It is what it is. I called Dana to voice my displeasure about this reality and he did not call me back yet.

A deal was made, Sean vs Yan was for a title shot. Sean won, he gets it. Sean will make them way more money.
You teenage ladies need to stop hating on Sean. He performed way better than most people would have imaged against an absolute killer. He belongs, and he's exciting.

A deal was made, Sean vs Yan was for a title shot. Sean won, he gets it. Sean will make them way more money.
You teenage ladies need to stop hating on Sean. He performed way better than most people would have imaged against an absolute killer. He belongs, and he's exciting.

how would he do against Aljo though?

Yan took him down for 3 rounds, imagine what Sterling would to O'Malley with his offensive grappling.

Let’s compare their wins on their current streak.

Yan > Cruz
Paiva < Font
Almeida < Edgar
Mountinho < Grant

So O’Malley has the best win overall but Chito has the better resume overall. Now add in Chito has a win over O’Malley head to head. Also O’Malley’s best win being highly controversial if that makes a difference to you. All that adds up to Chito having the better claim in my eyes. But UFC probably gives it to Sean.

If Dana and the Nelk Boys are smart, they let Chito get the first shot. O’Malley has a much better shot at beating Vera than he does Aljo.

Dana said winner of O'Malley/Yan gets titleshot but, given how controversial his "win" was, who gets it now?

O'Malley just beat the #1 guy, but only in the minds of 2 judges and a minority of everyone else.

Chito has a win of O'Malley and is on a 4 fight win streak that got him into the top 5 rankings.

Sean's probably going to be ranked higher now but they're both up there.

Another question I have that I'd like to see some opinions on: who has a better shot at beating Sterling?
REMATCH!!!!

If Dana and the Nelk Boys are smart, they let Chito get the first shot. O’Malley has a much better shot at beating Vera than he does Aljo.

Honestly, this. I really don't see how Aljo doesn't have his way with Sean on the ground if they fight.

Well O'Malley is slated (by word) for the next shot. So deserves is already likely tossed.

Mayhap we will get a Title and rematch of Sean vs Vera, though not likely I'd take O'Malley over Aljo...

how would he do against Aljo though?

Yan took him down for 3 rounds, imagine what Sterling would to O'Malley with his offensive grappling.

Agreed, I feel the same, but we could be wrong. Everyone thought Yan was going to be the first person to murder someone in the cage here, and everyone was wrong about that too.

I'd rather see him against Vera. I think he'd waste him. Aljo is a difficult fight for him and anyone for that matter.

Aljo's strength, cardio and grappling is a problem for anyone. I think with his style he would maul O'Malley. Vera makes sense too. It's nice to have options at least.

It's not his performance that I dislike about him.

His best win could be considered a Robbery, sure give him the shot, at least would be someone new win or lose, Vera is on a streak but i cant still see him as an elite champion caliber fighter since Aldo went through him, i wouldnt mind with either getting a shot tho, Yan wasnt the best idea anyway considering he is down 0-2 already.

i'm old and find whatever they do annoying but aside from giving them money once what exactly do the Nelk boys have to do with this?

Merab vs Aljo for the title
If Merab refuses to fight, send his boring ass to Bellator

Chito vs O'Malley for the next title shot

Yan vs TJ, if TJ recovers quickly enough

Merab vs Aljo for the title
If Merab refuses to fight, send his boring ass to Bellator

Chito vs O'Malley for the next title shot

Yan vs TJ, if TJ recovers quickly enough

If I'm O"Malley I'm not fighting Chito again. He just beat the #1 ranked guy in the division, why should he now fight the #5 guy?

TJ is going to need surgery and then recovery, he's almost certainly out for another year. Yan vs Song Yadong would be good.

Back