Social Boston Bruins rescind offer on 18 year old for racist behavior at 14

Should Mitchell be held accountable and out of the NHL for actions at 14?

• No, he can change

• No, if he has proved he changed

• Yes, fuck him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yea I had this over reactive cancer culture.
He should of been charged and dealt with but now it’s a sin and his career needs to be ruined ? It’s a slippery slope and helps no one. If anything he should be allowed to play and volunteer to send 5% salary to that kid

now this is of course everything she says is correct….

The mother also doesn’t ever say that she wants anything specific, her only aim seems to be to make sure he never gets a job.

If the kid applies to be a cashier at Walmart is she going to call them and complain? She just wants the kid to be homeless for the rest of his life or what?

The mother also doesn’t ever say that she wants anything specific, her only aim seems to be to make sure he never gets a job.

If the kid applies to be a cashier at Walmart is she going to call them and complain? She just wants the kid to be homeless for the rest of his life or what?
Yea there’s something more to the story I think . Even if that mid was a shitty teenager that doesn’t mean he should not have a job. To make NHL is a lot of time and dedication there a lot of POS people growing up working but since they aren’t semi famous they don’t get job cancels

I don't know.

This guy brutally beat his pregnant girlfriend when he was 20, including punching her in the stomach, which would rightfully be construed as attempted murder if one accepted a fetus as a life, and yet he's worshiped every Sunday as the current top WR in the NFL, has been for years, and is in the middle of a $120m contract.
tyreek-hill.jpg

Something tells me this culture of banishment doesn't actually have moral virtue at the center of its heart.
A lot of people may not be aware of it. Regardless, I’m completely fine with firing all of them that did shit like this.

This is worse than standard bullying

Dude repeatedly did horrible things to a retarded black kid

Should never be able to get paid millions of dollars to play a sport

14 year olds know better, it also wasn't just a one time thing

If you're like 10 or younger you don't really realize some kids are handicapped, but at 14? Fuck him and his shitty family

This article said he was convicted and has his testimony. Pretty nasty stuff.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/...ti-racism-initiatives-are-ringing-hollow/amp/

This definitely has more details than the other 2 articles. I believe in a person's ability to improve and change but that's some sick evil stuff. Smashing a special ed kid's head against a wall, feeding him piss candy, calling him racist language over and over. Yeah fuck him. That's not like a one time mistake that a history of depraved shit.

Last edited:
Look at how beloved Karl Malone is.
Was Karl Malone a bad person? I remember him being a good player and decent person.

This hockey asswipe should have learned to play football, he would have been fine and had no issues.

If every male pro-athlete was held up to the same standards of being a dickhead at 14, there would be no pro-sports. Every jock I ever knew growing up, had a little bit of aggressive fuckwad in them. Little bit of racism here, sexism there, bullying there...

I'm sure he was a cunt. At 14 though? You have to let people grow. I guarantee that a lot of the same people in that sphere speaking out against him now, were reprehensible cunts all the same at his age. It goes with the territory. They were just lucky not to have grown up in this era, and have their lives under the same microscope.

Didn’t even read it, but if he was an asshole at 14, it’s a pretty good bet he’s a bigger asshole today..F him.
I know lots of dudes that were dickheads in junior high that are totally normal as adults. He probably had a shitty home life because most kids that are bullies experience trauma in the home.

Realistically, around your mid-20s is when you become who you really are. Just look at how many sports stars fucked up in college or early in their career only to turn it around.

If anything is racist, it's the way society looks at white youth doing shitty things vs black youths. If the roles were reversed, and this was a black kid picking on a retarded white kid, people would automatically assume this kid was just a product of his environment.
Well guess what, a lot of white kids come from terrible homes too.

I say let this kid play in the minors for a bit and see how he handles himself off the ice, but unfortunately his career is probably over because of the way our media works these days.

Sounds like a typical Boston kind of guy.

Some context- it wasn’t just some bullying. He basically turned a mentally disabled classmate into his own pet Reek. It went in for years, he made this kid introduce himself as “Mitch’s Nword” to other classmates.

The most notable instance, where he peed on a lollipop and made the kid lick it in front of an audience. When confronted finally by police, he dismissed it as not a big deal because he rinsed it off in the toilet first before he made the mentally disabled kid lick it.

Through the draft process, he still refused to apologize for his actions. His only “apology “ was a half asses Instagram post last week so that the bruins would sign him.

This was closer to a future serial killer torturing animals at 14, than just some teenaged bullying. And the unrepentant nature.

I don't know.

This guy brutally beat his pregnant girlfriend when he was 20, including punching her in the stomach, which would rightfully be construed as attempted murder if one accepted a fetus as a life, and yet he's worshiped every Sunday as the current top WR in the NFL, has been for years, and is in the middle of a $120m contract.
tyreek-hill.jpg

Something tells me this culture of banishment doesn't actually have moral virtue at the center of its heart.
If that racist was the caliber of player as Tyreke Hill, I'm sure he'd still be in the NHL. Tolerance for behavior in sports always slide based on the value the athlete adds to the team.

That's why Greg Hardy got another chance in the NFL and why he was ousted when he failed to produce.

Some context- it wasn’t just some bullying. He basically turned a mentally disabled classmate into his own pet Reek. It went in for years, he made this kid introduce himself as “Mitch’s Nword” to other classmates.

The most notable instance, where he peed on a lollipop and made the kid lick it in front of an audience. When confronted finally by police, he dismissed it as not a big deal because he rinsed it off in the toilet first before he made the mentally disabled kid lick it.

Through the draft process, he still refused to apologize for his actions. His only “apology “ was a half asses Instagram post last week so that the bruins would sign him.

This was closer to a future serial killer torturing animals at 14, than just some teenaged bullying. And the unrepentant nature.

Do you have any insight into how it was possible that an intellectually disabled kid was brutally bullied for years without the adults in charge putting a stop to it? Has that been addressed? That’s very hard to believe.

Also, do you know if this is all based off the mother’s statements or is there another source?

Last edited:

14 years old.

That's what, 8th or 9th grade? I think we all saw some shit growing up, especially towards outcasts and the mentally disabled in our schools. To say that we never did, is dishonest. People on the spectrum were targets of bullying, and it was always ugly. Very few of us ever stood up and denounced it. It's law of the jungle kid shit. If he's still doing the same things, then fine, but we all know he's not. Why not find out who was cheering him on at that time, and ruin their lives as well, since he was clearly comfortable doing it, which would only come from an environment that was welcoming to it.

God forbid people have the opportunity to grow up, and should always be held to what they did at 14 years old.

Do you have any insight into how it was possible that an intellectually disabled kid was brutally bullied for years without the adults in charge putting a stop to it? Has that been addressed? That’s very hard to believe.

Also, do you know if this is all based off the mother’s statements or is there another source?

Not sure how it went that long, but he had fetal alcohol syndrome so having some shitty parents definitely didn’t help. Plus with his mental handicap he probably had trouble conveying what he was experiencing.

Reports not just from the mom, but from the victim and other classmates as well enough to get an actual conviction in juvenile court. Which is rare. The evidence is certainly there beyond he said/mom said. Here’s an article from 2020 when he was initially drafted by the Coyotes. He denied everything until police told him they had the lollipop incident and subsequent beating (smashed his head into a brick wall) on camera, and only then did he confess to that to keep that video from being released.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ed-black-disabled-kid-4-years-ago/3735555001/

14 years old.

That's what, 8th or 9th grade? I think we all saw some shit growing up, especially towards outcasts and the mentally disabled in our schools. To say that we never did, is dishonest. People on the spectrum were targets of bullying, and it was always ugly. Very few of us ever stood up and denounced it. It's law of the jungle kid shit. If he's still doing the same things, then fine, but we all know he's not. Why not find out who was cheering him on at that time, and ruin their lives as well, since he was clearly comfortable doing it, which would only come from an environment that was welcoming to it.

God forbid people have the opportunity to grow up, and should always be held to what they did at 14 years old.

I totally get your point. But the other big aspect, is he doesn’t look like he did grow up and learn anything from what he did at 14 years old. See the bottom half of the article above. He never did apologize to the boy he bullied. He did send out letters to all 31 teams apologizing for the incidents, but most of that letter consisted of him saying he was also a victim for it getting blown out of proportion, and then lying about completing volunteering with anti bullying campaigns.

So, he hasn’t apologized to his victim. And he said he did some anti bullying classes/campaigns, but those charities he says he worked with say he never did attend those sessions. His apology is only to the nhl teams trying to get himself onto a roster. Also, he would ride his back up and down the street outside his victims house for years *after* being convicted in juvenile court as a way to still intimidate the disabled kid.

He hasn’t taken any responsibility or admitted wrong doing. That’s not someone who did some cruel stuff as a 10-14 year old and has since changed. That’s the same person.

Not sure how it went that long, but he had fetal alcohol syndrome so having some shitty parents definitely didn’t help. Plus with his mental handicap he probably had trouble conveying what he was experiencing.

Reports not just from the mom, but from the victim and other classmates as well enough to get an actual conviction in juvenile court. Which is rare. The evidence is certainly there beyond he said/mom said. Here’s an article from 2020 when he was initially drafted by the Coyotes. He denied everything until police told him they had the lollipop incident and subsequent beating (smashed his head into a brick wall) on camera, and only then did he confess to that to keep that video from being released.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ed-black-disabled-kid-4-years-ago/3735555001/

I totally get your point. But the other big aspect, is he doesn’t look like he did grow up and learn anything from what he did at 14 years old. See the bottom half of the article above. He never did apologize to the boy he bullied. He did send out letters to all 31 teams apologizing for the incidents, but most of that letter consisted of him saying he was also a victim for it getting blown out of proportion, and then lying about completing volunteering with anti bullying campaigns.

So, he hasn’t apologized to his victim. And he said he did some anti bullying classes/campaigns, but those charities he says he worked with say he never did attend those sessions. His apology is only to the nhl teams trying to get himself onto a roster. Also, he would ride his back up and down the street outside his victims house for years *after* being convicted in juvenile court as a way to still intimidate the disabled kid.

He hasn’t taken any responsibility or admitted wrong doing. That’s not someone who did some cruel stuff as a 10-14 year old and has since changed. That’s the same person.
Fuck that guy and what the fuck Neely and Sweeney? The info about this dumbshit kid was on his Wikipedia, they deserve all the bad press they are going to get from this.

Fuck that guy and what the fuck Neely and Sweeney? The info about this dumbshit kid was on his Wikipedia, they deserve all the bad press they are going to get from this.

Yeah, Neely thought he was going to sneak this one through. Even the signing anoucement tweet didn't have a picture of Miller, just a Bruins logo. Which is far from common. Now Neely says "new information" came to light..? I call BS on that.

Neely wanted this, I almost got the impression from Sweeney's intial comments that he wasnt onboard and Neely forced his hand. But I could be reading too much into things.

He's a total POS and I'm with you 100%.

My question is how far is this erasing thing going to go, cause if the standard for cancellation is this, the NFL wouldn't exist, cause there's a ton of felons in there and god knows what all those "jock quarterbacks" did in college as well as how many kids they bullied in junior high and high school growing up.

This guy is a genuine POS, but cancel culture is so stupid.

Last edited:
Back