Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

79n5x2leelz91.jpg

No, I'm right. You'll just never be able to understand it.

I'll explain it to some who might read this and not be morons:

Before conservative billionaires made Ben Shapiro an alt right star he was a struggling writer. He was interviewed and when the interviewer told him that conservatives weren't considered funny, he argued that lots of people considered Anne Coulter funny, it's just that liberals don't like conservative humor. She then explained to him slowly, as you would a small child, that real humor reaches everyone.

Conservative humor these days has been distilled to just telling conservatives they're right and liberals are stupid. That's it. No art, no craft, nothing special, just deliver that message and you're done.

It's like writing 5-7-5 and thinking you've written a haiku without every having considered that the form doesn't express the essence of what is haiku, the seamless and imperceptible transition from one idea to another within the strict disciple of the structure. The reason many have spent lifetimes failing to write a true haiku.

The "left can't meme" because the left isn't going to create the only thing the right will think is funny. The form overwrites humor.

God, you're full of shit. Ben Shapiro was one of the biggest targets of the alt-right. You just lump everybody who isn't as insanely liberal into one big group. No need responding to the rest of this blather, where you criticize the humor of people you hate.

Except we did by pointing out that the original function of the blue check mark verification system was to distinguish verified accounts from parodies and imposters and that Musk's change to the blue check mark system created the very problem that it was originally created to solve. Not to mention there have been accounts parodying Musk that were labeled as parody that were suspended. The guy clearly had little to no tolerance of people making fun of him once the shoe was on the other foot.

Not that it will change your mind, but were the accounts that you claim were suspended despite being labelled parody actually labelled in the correct places?

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/parody-account-policy
"To avoid confusing others about an account’s affiliation, parody, commentary, and fan accounts must distinguish themselves in BOTH their account name and bio."

If you can find accounts that were labelled correctly and were still banned, I'd be really interested to see that. It would give your argument merit and I'd admit that. Again, your free speech is not under attack if it's you who doesn't follow the rules. There are parody accounts on Twitter that are still parodying right now, why hasn't he banned those yet if he's "going after" them?

God, you're full of shit. Ben Shapiro was one of the biggest targets of the alt-right. You just lump everybody who isn't as insanely liberal into one big group. No need responding to the rest of this blather, where you criticize the humor of people you hate.

Not that it will change your mind, but were the accounts that you claim were suspended despite being labelled parody actually labelled in the correct places?

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/parody-account-policy
"To avoid confusing others about an account’s affiliation, parody, commentary, and fan accounts must distinguish themselves in BOTH their account name and bio."

If you can find accounts that were labelled correctly and were still banned, I'd be really interested to see that. It would give your argument merit and I'd admit that. Again, your free speech is not under attack if it's you who doesn't follow the rules. There are parody accounts on Twitter that are still parodying right now, why hasn't he banned those yet if he's "going after" them?
Like another poster said, that just comes off as Elon moving the goalposts to justify banning accounts that were parodying him. Is anyone really going to be deceived by a Twitter handle with the name elon musk "parody"? These are the accounts getting suspended.
FhCkAJZXgAAy2Uh

There's a reason why Musk is reversing this decision, its because its absolutely nonsensical and completely defeats the purpose of the blue check mark. I'm sure there are plenty of impersonators still up though, Musk fired the moderation team right before creating a massive moderation problem so I'm sure Twitter will be well behind on moderation for the near future.

Tell yourself whatever lets you sleep at night.

You may not think that strength of argument matters, but you almost always say "you're crazy" without ever making a case.

You and Shapiro parrot a lot of the same racist hate, where you're different isn't remotely as important as the ways you're the same. Different flavors of shit.

Lmao @ elon. Everyone knew this would happen except him.

Before I was like "we shouldn't be charging people for utility's".

The last few days have changed my mind on the blue checkmark idea. I was wrong and I'm now 1000% on board.

Like another poster said, that just comes off as Elon moving the goalposts to justify banning accounts that were parodying him. Is anyone really going to be deceived by a Twitter handle with the name elon musk "parody"? These are the accounts getting suspended.
FhCkAJZXgAAy2Uh

There's a reason why Musk is reversing this decision, its because its absolutely nonsensical and completely defeats the purpose of the blue check mark. I'm sure there are plenty of impersonators still up though, Musk fired the moderation team right before creating a massive moderation problem so I'm sure Twitter will be well behind on moderation for the near future.

I don't care if you think he moved the goalposts and that wasn't what I asked. Too much of your argument involves your personal feelings on Musk's motives. Accounts that weren't correctly labeled per the rules I copied, were banned. Ones that followed the rules, remain. Free to parody whoever they want, including Musk. We keep going in circles on this and it's getting boring. You hate the guy and you hate what he's doing with Twitter. Stay off it then. Problem solved.

Tell yourself whatever lets you sleep at night.

You may not think that strength of argument matters, but you almost always say "you're crazy" without ever making a case.

You and Shapiro parrot a lot of the same racist hate, where you're different isn't remotely as important as the ways you're the same. Different flavors of shit.

It verifiable fact that Shapiro is a major target of the alt-right. Not interested in your white savior wannabe blabbering either.

Except we did by pointing out that the original function of the blue check mark verification system was to distinguish verified accounts from parodies and imposters and that Musk's change to the blue check mark system created the very problem that it was originally created to solve. Not to mention there have been accounts parodying Musk that were labeled as parody that were suspended. The guy clearly had little to no tolerance of people making fun of him once the shoe was on the other foot.

Precisely. Anyone trying to convince themselves that Musk was dispassionately coming up with these rules and applying them fairly and that this just happened to lead to Musk parody accounts getting singled out are ingesting dangerous levels of copium.
You even look further at these accounts? Find me an actual parody account with post history. This “parody” account you showed has 27K tweets

It verifiable fact that Shapiro is a major target of the alt-right. Not interested in your white savior wannabe blabbering either.

Yeah, he's Jewish and you guys aren't a fan of Jews.

As I said, where you're different isn't remotely as important as the ways you're the same.

Twitter about to go bankrupt. Elon sure trumped up his new business in record time

Edit nevermind , the poster above me all covered it.

They still have a check mark so I believe they did

But when anyone can pay $8 to have the same name as you and also that check mark, what’s the point?
Good. The superiority of the blue check going away is hilarious, and great. Brought a lot of elites down, and their tears has been entertaining.
what a dumpster fire this has become lol

how much longer until elon starts shopping for a buyer?
It's been what, 2 weeks? Posts like this just shows how effective Twitter and other social media has been at dumbing down the culture and destroying patience.
Exactly. This was a point I made several times that none of them would touch it. It's desperation to try pushing the idea that wanting parody accounts to be labelled as such on a social media platform you own is akin to attacking free speech. Twitter was a platform where leftists were safe from encountering differing opinions and they're mad that it's changed owners. All this phony celebrating at Twitter going bankrupt or Musk changing the blue checkmark thing is just what they're masking it with. I couldn't find any of them who were able to create an argument without mischaracterizing or outright lying about what Musk is doing.
as is expected
Wasn't this the whole thing behind the Hunter laptop suppress and section 230? That these social media companies aren't publishers so aren't responsible for what their users post?
Pretty much.
I also believe there is some serious conversations right now with law firms and there respective companies for the loss in stock due to accounts being marked verified by twitter and that having a direct result to there bottom line at market.
Yeah, good luck with those. Section 230 protects Twitter from liability for things individual accounts post. Also, not Twitter's fault that Wall Street is so shaky that obviously fake tweets can cause stock to plummet.
He is already in talks about bankruptcy with twitter
Twitter was already hemorrhaging money. If it wasn't, the investors wouldn't have been so eager to sell it off in the first place.
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it was a KO.
403a354bce1611209de535709efbf2dc

FhTZ7rhXEAAa7pp

I'd be extremely unsurprised at this resulting in a lawsuit.
Yeah, good luck with those. Section 230 protects Twitter from liability for things individual accounts post. Also, not Twitter's fault that Wall Street is so shaky that obviously fake tweets can cause stock to plummet.
Twitter about to go bankrupt. Elon sure trumped up his new business in record time
It was already well on its way there. Otherwise, the investors wouldn't have been so eager to sell it off when they did.

Good. The superiority of the blue check going away is hilarious, and great. Brought a lot of elites down, and their tears has been entertaining.

It's been what, 2 weeks? Posts like this just shows how effective Twitter and other social media has been at dumbing down the culture and destroying patience.

as is expected

Pretty much.

Twitter was already hemorrhaging money. If it wasn't, the investors wouldn't have been so eager to sell it off in the first place.

It was already well on its way there. Otherwise, the investors wouldn't have been so eager to sell it off when they did.
Good thing he’s got a loan with like 1 billion in interest a year to be the owner.

its been what, 2 weeks? and elon is already talking about bankruptcy

as is expected

Pretty much.

Hey Leto.

I don't think you've looked into the counter-claims against Section 230.

The key one is product liability, and that relates specifically to the product enabling illegal behaviours by design.

Let me reiterate - BY DESIGN.

Musk's sledgehammer takeover was hilarious, mainly because he's opening Twitter to serious product liability issues. There will be lawsuits brought to it.

The morons behind Omegle tried to pretend they weren't responsible for what their users did with the platform, but when the platform is used - BY DESIGN - by criminals, the whole platform is in trouble.

Someone using Twitter - and Twitter's brand new sweeping reforms - to plummet stocks, Twitter actually is liable. I know people like to pretend otherwise, but Elon has allowed it to happen, and he will be sued because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackagainBert
Back