News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

Cause of death is at the bottom of the OP. Be respectful. Do not derail this thread. Be better than that. RIP Rumble.

Official via a link from @egk

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists/ufc-news-anthony-rumble-johnson-died-mma-community-mourns

Update via @Leonard Haid

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/anthony-rumble-johnson-former-ufc-fighter-dead-at-38-215300816.html

May he rest in eternal peace. Condolences to the friends and family he leaves behind.

Explains the weight loss we witnessed in recent times.

Damn his team couldn’t get him on some CAR T therapy? It’s like the main miracle go to for lymphoma and leukemia.

Rest In Peace, the good die young

Good lord. I remember a few weeks ago he or someone close to him posted something cryptic on Instagram about him "not doing very good" and now he's passed on. Gave us unbelievable out cold KO's. Could have been LHW champ if not for Cormier. Definitely not the time to trash the guy for anything. 38 years old. RIP.

A few months ago Elias Theodoreu died of liver cancer too...this athletes are human just like you and me...always keep your health in check...better to detect this illness as early as possible.

When I saw the recent pic of him looking emaciated I wondered if he was fighting cancer and keeping quiet about it. The transformation was too drastic for it to have been something that wasn't serious. At least he is no longer suffering. He had demons in his personal life that he had battled through the years, but, all said and done, he was among the most likeable fighters and a true fan favorite. Condolences to his family, friends, and fan base. This is a sad day for all of us.

RIP Rumble! Really sad to hear this...

One of the most entertaining the sport has given us :(

Fuck man lymphoma…

I met him when he fought Clementi in Anaheim. He came into the stands and my buddies and I got a picture with him, that sadly got lost a few computer back in college.

Dude always brought the heat.

Seem kind of prophetic, Izzy talk about getting certain health issue resolved first. Then, Anthony Rumble Johnson passed away next day, due to a disease he been battling his whole life. Respect goes a long way doesn't it, even back to that person home and family that may be none of our business but being supportive would mean allot.

I wonder if his kidneys were shot from all that weight cutting? I really hope his health problems weren't caused by damage from his MMA career. Whatever the case, RIP Rumble.

I’m weeping at the moment- I’m so sorry.

Your fights brought me into MMA- you will not be forgotten, dear fighter and friend.

He didn't owe us shit in life. He sure as hell doesn't owe us shit in death. He handled it the way he wanted to. If he didn't want to tell anyone what it was or the severity, so be it.
Firstly, couldn’t agree more.

When someone has flown so close to the sun for so long it is only natural to want people to view you as your greatest most magnificent self. I haven’t seen him in many years but the Anthony I knew10 years ago would want everyone to remember him as his best self. I could only imagine how hard it was to go from world beater to physically deteriorating so it is natural he wouldn’t want to shine a light towards that fact and that relatively small sample size piece of his otherwise magnificent life.

Leukemia in short...It's crazy but not impossible...that WWE wrestler Roman something has been battling a similar type of cancer...leukemia i've heard is beatable but you need to surrender what's left of your life for the treatment...it's going to be a full time fight...and you need $$$ if your insurance doesn't cover it.
With leukemia it’s a win or lose situation. My brother in laws mother had it and she beat it!!! And she’s still alive, meanwhile my mother gets uterine cancer, which is highly treatable, they do the hysterectomy but the cancer spread to her brain and it was game over. She was 51. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back