News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

RIP Rumble. He was an exciting fighter and a beast inside the cage and seemed like a genuinely nice guy outside the cage. Him and Jones pranking Dana at the face off was funny.

Damn it man! I just had a bad feeling about his illness when he wouldn't talk about it! He was my favorite KO artist, and he died FAR too young! This absolutely sucks, damn it man.

R.i.p to Anthony!

Anthony%2BJohnson%2BCrushes%2BTom%2BSpeer%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B13.gif

RIP Rumble.

I remember when he was still an up and coming prospect, training out of Chute Boxe LA.

He was always one of the good guys. Representated himself and the sport well. This sucks.

God bless his family.

Crazy to think it was only last year when there was hype over him coming back, Bellator signing him and the fight with Yoel being made. Shit can go south real fast.

RIP to one of the biggest punchers and scariest dudes in MMA history.

Reactions: MT7
Damnit! RIP to the scariest LHW ever. Left the world way too young, I feel for his family.

Wtf. I didn't want to think the worst when I saw that recent picture of him, but I had a terrible feeling it could be cancer. We lost Batman and Rumble within a week. Fuck cancer.

This one hurts as a fan. One of my favorites. I never missed a fight and he's one of the few guys I never once rooted against, ever since I watched him sleep Speer against the cage. One of the scariest fighters in the cage, but usually a total class act in his speeches, win or lose.

It's great to see all the love and support.

RIP

Wtf. I didn't want to think the worst when I saw that recent picture of him, but I had a terrible feeling it could be cancer. We lost Batman and Rumble within a week. Fuck cancer.

This one hurts as a fan. One of my favorites. I never missed a fight and he's one of the few guys I never once rooted against, ever since I watched him sleep Speer against the cage. One of the scariest fighters in the cage, but usually a total class act in his speeches, win or lose.

It's great to see all the love and support.

RIP
This.
Dude was an electric and natural striker.
Incredible to watch him throw heat.

Firstly, couldn’t agree more.

When someone has flown so close to the sun for so long it is only natural to want people to view you as your greatest most magnificent self. I haven’t seen him in many years but the Anthony I knew10 years ago would want everyone to remember him as his best self. I could only imagine how hard it was to go from world beater to physically deteriorating so it is natural he wouldn’t want to shine a light towards that fact and that relatively small sample size piece of his otherwise magnificent life.

I couldn’t have said it better. He didn’t want to draw a bunch of attention to his health. He wanted people to remember him for what he was in that cage. One of the best human beings you’d ever meet outside of it. My heart, like many others, is broken. I am gonna miss my friend. He didn’t deserve this.

Back