News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

My point exactly, is why not just tell his fans so people don't jhump to the worst conclusions. You can say its none of anyone's business, and i agree, but once its out there, its only going to make people think the worst if not open about it.

Because it WAS none of anyones business except those who knew him best. People can think whatever they want. They can fuck themselves. He didn’t owe shit to anyone.

RIP to Rumble, one of my favorite guys to watch and root for. An amazing career resurgence and I was lucky to see him fight live back when he made his UFC return against Phil Davis.

Reactions: MT7
i met Rumble many years back in Vegas at UFC 109. he wasn't fighting, just hanging out and watching the fights. there was a crowd of people swarming him for autographs, from what I saw he took the time to chat and sign everything. i didn't bug him for an autograph just said what's up and went on my way

not sure what the point of this story is beyond to say i was super bummed to read this as he seemed like a good dude.

WAR RUMBLE and RIP

Why so butt hurt? You do realize most fans just really wanted to know what was going on for a whole year? It lead to the worst theorys because nobody said why. You can shit on fans wanting to know, and i agree, it isnt nobodys business, but when it was public he had a serious illness, somebody should have kept his fans in the loop.

Because that was one of my best friends that just died, someone I’ve known before he ever fought in the UFC, someone who my kids call Uncle. His actual family is heartbroken beyond words, so are his number of friends who ACTUALLY knew him beyond what they saw in the cage, who’s lives he left a lasting impact on that was far greater than entertaining us for however long or short his fights lasted. He wanted his privacy respected. He didn’t want the entire world seeing him in that condition, he didn’t want people boohooing him and feeling sorry for him. That’s not who Anthony was. “Most fans wanted to know for an entire year.” That’s great. For what? Were they going to offer a miracle cure? Or was it going to be some bullshit rat race to know so they could be “in the know?” He didn’t owe anyone a god damn thing. He told who he wanted to know. That was HIS decision and HIS alone. If you and others had other thoughts and thought the worst, think whatever you want. Fuck all of you who did. He’s deceased now. The word has been made public. You blood thirsty people got your answer. Not everyone wants to have their health fight in the public eye, and if you can’t respect that, too bad.

By the way? People didn’t know about Chadwick Boseman either. I suppose he owed it to people too? Get the fuck out of here with this entitled garbage.

Last edited:
Terrible news. Before we had Gaethje, Chandler and Poirier to guarantee fireworks in a fight, there was Anthony "Rumble" Johnson. Gone way too soon. RIP Rumble

This is devastating. He was so sick -- I had seen photos of him getting smaller, but I had no idea how sick he was. This is such a blow to the community. May he rest in peace, and much love to him and those around him.

i met Rumble many years back in Vegas at UFC 109. he wasn't fighting, just hanging out and watching the fights. there was a crowd of people swarming him for autographs, from what I saw he took the time to chat and sign everything. i didn't bug him for an autograph just said what's up and went on my way

not sure what the point of this story is beyond to say i was super bummed to read this as he seemed like a good dude.

WAR RUMBLE and RIP

That’s who Rumble was man. He’d never turn down the chance to chat with people. Never forgot where he came from. That can’t be said for a LOT of fighters. He was just as damn humble when he fought DC as he was the day he was fighting for scraps and got the call to the UFC to fight Chad Reiner on absurdly short notice.

Because that was one of my best friends that just died, someone I’ve known before he ever fought in the UFC, someone who my kids call Uncle. His actual family is heartbroken beyond words, so are his number of friends who ACTUALLY knew him beyond what they saw in the cage, who’s lives he left a lasting impact on that was far greater than entertaining us for however long or short his fights lasted. He wanted his privacy respected. He didn’t want the entire world seeing him in that condition, he didn’t want people boohooing him and feeling sorry for him. That’s not who Anthony was. “Most fans wanted to know for an entire year.” That’s great. For what? Were they going to offer a miracle cure? Or was it going to be some bullshit rat race to know so they could be “in the know?” He didn’t owe anyone a god damn thing. He told who he wanted to know. That was HIS decision and HIS alone. If you and others had other thoughts and thought the worst, think whatever you want. Fuck all of you who did. He’s deceased now. The word has been made public how. You blood thirsty people got your answer. Not everyone wants to have their health fight in the public eye, and if you can’t respect that, too bad.

Sorry for your loss, Anthony was certainly entitled to do things his way, and while some people might fall into the “blood thirsty” category, many others where generally concerned and wanted info…It’s pretty obvious that most fans loved and respected the Rumble that entertained them…Again, sorry for the pain you and your family are experiencing, Anthony is at peace…

Sorry for your loss, Anthony was certainly entitled to do things his way, and while some people might fall into the “blood thirsty” category, many others where generally concerned and wanted info…It’s pretty obvious that most fans loved and respected the Rumble that entertained them…Again, sorry for the pain you and your family are experiencing, Anthony is at peace…

You’re right, Gene. Not all we’re bloodthirsty and I was wrong for letting emotions get in the way, stereotyping most. I’m sure there were a LOT who did genuinely care. However, there was one point in my last post I want to emphasize. Anthony absolutely did not want anyone to view him any differently. He didn’t want people to feel sorry for him, to weep for him. He knew it wasn’t just going to end his career, he knew it was going to end his life. That post he put up where he said he wished he could fully say the extent was as close as he was going to get to telling everyone that this was terminal. He knew. He just didn’t know how long. But the LAST thing he wanted was a bunch of attention drawn to him, or it. He didn’t want any “charity events” a bunch of companies trying to sell “Rumble Strong” bullshit, or any garbage like that. And again, he DIDN’T want people to feel sorry for him.

Because that was one of my best friends that just died, someone I’ve known before he ever fought in the UFC, someone who my kids call Uncle. His actual family is heartbroken beyond words, so are his number of friends who ACTUALLY knew him beyond what they saw in the cage, who’s lives he left a lasting impact on that was far greater than entertaining us for however long or short his fights lasted. He wanted his privacy respected. He didn’t want the entire world seeing him in that condition, he didn’t want people boohooing him and feeling sorry for him. That’s not who Anthony was. “Most fans wanted to know for an entire year.” That’s great. For what? Were they going to offer a miracle cure? Or was it going to be some bullshit rat race to know so they could be “in the know?” He didn’t owe anyone a god damn thing. He told who he wanted to know. That was HIS decision and HIS alone. If you and others had other thoughts and thought the worst, think whatever you want. Fuck all of you who did. He’s deceased now. The word has been made public. You blood thirsty people got your answer. Not everyone wants to have their health fight in the public eye, and if you can’t respect that, too bad.

By the way? People didn’t know about Chadwick Boseman either. I suppose he owed it to people too? Get the fuck out of here with this entitled garbage.
Sad and shocking news that he died, but if really wanted it to be private he should have followed Norm Macdonalds example and not talked publically about his health.

Sad and shocking news that he died, but if really wanted it to be private he should have followed Norm Macdonalds example and not talked publically about his health.

But then, when he doesn’t fight, everyone asks why. When today happens, you have everyone asking even more questions. He did care enough to tell people to know shit was happening and it wasn’t good. But does the exact detail of what and that it was going to reach a point where we were going to get this news soon make the story any more or less sad? Or give any more or less answers? He wanted to try and fight this as much as he could. He fought like hell.

And why do they need to know? Keep his fans in the loop? Smh

For real. What’s the difference between connecting every dot of his fight and what he gave people other than exacts? He told people he wasn’t well, he told them it wasn’t good. If people couldn’t have sympathy for that and needed MORE details to care, I really don’t know what to say. Thanks for being one who seemingly gets where I’m coming from, Vivi.

Dam, sad stuff man. :(

R.I.P. Rumble Johnson

But then, when he doesn’t fight, everyone asks why. When today happens, you have everyone asking even more questions. He did care enough to tell people to know shit was happening and it wasn’t good. But does the exact detail of what and that it was going to reach a point where we were going to get this news soon make the story any more or less sad? Or give any more or less answers? He wanted to try and fight this as much as he could. He fought like hell.
Fair point, but if you are a public figure and you tell people you're sick, they are going to be curious and ask questions. Human nature. In any case, RIP.

Back