Serious Question: Big Connor vs Edwards, Pereira

ippikiookami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He must be thinking about this: Leon was getting beat up and landed a lucky kick; Pereira we being outboxed and out wrestled. Pereira is huge for a MW, but he's slow and plodding, and Israel would have beat him with a better game plan (dart in and out, don't stand in front of him, etc).

I think Conor must be thinking that Edwards would be a relatively easy win, and then he could move up and fight a big, slow MW that might be a great match up for someone with Conor's style. The only question is if he'd have to win a couple of fights before facing Edwards -- Usman, Kazmat, Colby -- would be tougher fights for Connor than Edwards would be. If he were able to get a fight against the champ and win, he could then move up to MW and challenge Pereira.

Ok, flame away.

Conor doesn't want to fight.

I remember back in the days of prime Conor where 1 of his fanboys said he legitimately thought Conor could be 4 weight class world champ in the UFC. Good times
He still could be…

“Under the right circumstances”
Ronda-Rousey-wrestlemania.jpg

It would be hilarious to see Connor fighting a guy 8 inches taller and outweighing him by 20 lbs.

Reactions: lsa
Too much muscle mass. Too small of a frame. Not a good mix against legit large frames MW.

At some point too much muscle is a detriment when your body can’t supply it with oxygen.

look at almost all p4p goats. GSP Fedor Anderson aldo Mighty Mouse.

None were especially muscle bound or huge.

I think Conor must be thinking that Edwards would be a relatively easy win

Leon's wrestling is many levels below Usman's, but it is still levels above Conor's wrestling. He could take Conor down easily and control him.

Back