Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

Things are not looking good for Xilon Musk

Twitter temporarily closes offices after Musk ultimatum prompts new wave of resignations
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-musk-resignations-ultimatum-rcna57793

--

Twitter ‘closes offices’ after Elon Musk’s loyalty oath sparks wave of resignations
The tech company is struggling to retain workers after Musk demanded employees sign a pledge to work ‘long hours at high intensity’

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...tter-closes-offices-loyalty-oath-resignations

Things are not looking good for Xilon Musk

Twitter temporarily closes offices after Musk ultimatum prompts new wave of resignations
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-musk-resignations-ultimatum-rcna57793

--

Twitter ‘closes offices’ after Elon Musk’s loyalty oath sparks wave of resignations
The tech company is struggling to retain workers after Musk demanded employees sign a pledge to work ‘long hours at high intensity’

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...tter-closes-offices-loyalty-oath-resignations

Bro just be a slave and we won't even pay you any more for it.

What's the big deal?

Last edited:
Here is a quick interview, it’s recent and it’s from someone who was closer to Musk than any of us..it seems like a balanced look at Musk and his approach to business…
https://www.vox.com/recode/2022/11/...sla-biography-ashlee-vance-peter-kafka-column
Yeah, nothing in the interview offered any particular insight. I know how he operates as a businessman. I worked at Tesla from 2015 to 2019 in the delivery department. I attended all-hands meetings. I got those "we need to work harder than ever if we don't want to go bankrupt after this quarter" emails, and after the 12th one of those you start to understand this guy is either BS'ing, or he loves to ride the company on the brink at all times. Neither are good from a business standpoint nor for morale. And his 10% workforce cut per year at Tesla (only to re-hire new employees to replace them at lower salaries) is incredibly demobilizing. All but one of my former colleagues stayed. The rest are in other industries or working for competitors. But at least shaving 10% allows for a rotation of sorts where experienced workers can accommodate and teach newcomers. Twitter is reduced to less than 40% of their original workforce with more losses to come. Even if they hire more people down the road, they won't be well trained because the current employees won't have time or knowledge to transfer onto them. LIke, when you have an entire engineering team gone, that knowledge is *poof* gone. If they were managing a critical part of the design, or infrastructure, what do you do when something goes tits up? Hire consultants?

Elon is a quirky guy with superior intelligence and a very creative mind. He's the iconic startup CEO who can take nothing and make something out of it. There are differend kinds of leaders fit for different kinds of companies in different stages of their lifecycles. Elon as a startup CEO inspires people, motivates them, gets them to do the impossible to achieve the unachievable. That's great, but it isn't a sustainable approach. Some companies achieve a level of maturity that comes after the startup phase. Twitter has obviously grown into a communications juggernaut. At this point, the focus should be on operations. Finding ways to be more efficient with the resources that you already have, and strategize accordingly. Often, you'll see a company switch CEO's when that company has outgrown the CEO's ability to lead or their approach to leading. Even Bill Gates got the boot. Apple re-hired Jobs because their products were going stale, and they needed the vision to come back. Musk's vision for Twitter is turning into a communications platform AND payment processing system. What in the tarnation?

Look, I might be wrong. Everything I said comes with the caveat that Elon's clearly smarter and a more experienced business executive that I'll ever be. Turning Twitter into a payment processing and social media platform might be a product I can't envision due to my cognitive limitations. Hell, not many people thought Jack Welch would be able to grow General Electric tenfold, from which almost half of its revenue would come from financial services. Welch arrived at GE when the company achieved a level of maturity that required an operator to come in and reorganize and restructure things. He did cut some jobs. He did lower some salaries. Some employees got upset, and many left. But it wasn't anything nearly as bad as what is going on at Twitter right now.

I said Elon is clearly smarter than me, and that extends to everyone on this forum. But even the smartest people get intoxicated off their own hype. Not a single person on this earth is safe from cognitive bias, and I think we are seeing the Hot-Hand Fallacy at play here:
The hot-hand fallacy is the tendency to believe that someone who has been successful in a task or activity is more likely to be successful again in further attempts. The hot-hand fallacy derives from the saying that athletes have “hot hands” when they repeatedly score, causing people to believe that they are on a streak and will continue to have successful outcomes.

If you can acknowledge this bias, and try and look at things more objectively, you'll notice that Elon is taking extremely dubious actions over at Twitter. And what's worse is, to mitigate possibility of cognitive bias, you need to surround yourself with people who you trust and who can oppose you. By testing assumptions and questioning things, you're able to re-evaluate your position and correct yourself before it's too late. Elon fires everyone he disagrees with. Just the other day he fired a guy who called him out on Twitter for being wrong. I know Twitter surrounds himself with Yes men. Hell, his brother is on the board.

Sorry for the long-ass reply

No, it doesn't. And not only does your claim of me getting "all emotional" ring a bit hollow, considering your obsession with Musk since he ended the safe space that existed on Twitter, it's a weak sidestep from having to answer as well.

lol at Musk ending the safe space on Twitter. Dude is literally on a banning spree to make Twitter his own personal safe space.

So to recap...
People with functional brains: "Wow this dude is a vastly overrated retard who used financial scams to extract huge amounts of investor money from unprofitable businesses for himself"

People who play with their own poo: "He is super rich, therefor he is right!"

For the 1000th time in the last 5 years: People who worship Elon Musk are financially illiterate shortbus riders who fundamentally don't understand what a margin loan or options-award-package are. Elon Musk is rich because he took investor money, not because he earns a portion of revenues or profits.
What the people who play with their own poo are missing is that the musks and trumps of the world illustrate what’s wrong with our economy. I’m not sure to what extent they are outliers, but these are clear examples that the system has a lot of issues. Even worse, the poo sympathizers think it’s an accolade these guys are worth so much money despite their failures rather than realizing a lot of that worth has come from gaming a shit system.

No, it doesn't. And not only does your claim of me getting "all emotional" ring a bit hollow, considering your obsession with Musk since he ended the safe space that existed on Twitter, it's a weak sidestep from having to answer as well.

LOL at you dumb fucks still thinking moderation was about a left-wing agenda to turn Twitter into a "safe space" rather than a necessary step to keep corporate advertisers, who aren't going pay money to be associated with a giant version of Gab/4Chan/the War Room.

You can't cope with the fact that it was actually the market that made Twitter what it was.

What the people who play with their own poo are missing is that the musks and trumps of the world illustrate what’s wrong with our economy. I’m not sure to what extent they are outliers, but these are clear examples that the system has a lot of issues. Even worse, the poo sympathizers think it’s an accolade these guys are worth so much money despite their failures rather than realizing a lot of that worth has come from gaming a shit system.

Fuck, look at FTX. Another example of a bunch of mediocroties from wealthy families perpetrating massive scams on the general public.

The entire billionaire class is filled with frauds and social parasites, but one half of the political spectrum thinks that they need to be worshipped and given unlimited power to run society.

I have a feeling Twitter could change quickly and be much better, both as a business and product, than before.

I have a feeling Twitter could change quickly and be much better, both as a business and product, than before.
If he loses a lot of his best engineers / developers the odds of that happening is up in the air.

watching the left in a continuous meltdown for the last two weeks has been wonderful.
Trump: Elon Musk ‘another bulls— artist’

Former President Trump during an event in Alaska late Saturday called Tesla CEO Elon Musk a “bullshit artist” for supporting the former president’s opponents in 2016 and 2020.

“He said the other day, ‘Oh, I’ve never voted for a Republican,’” Trump said at a rally.

“I said, ‘I didn’t know that,’” Trump continued. “He told me he voted for me, so he’s another bullshit artist.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3551329-trump-elon-musk-another-bulls-artist/

LOL at you dumb fucks still thinking moderation was about a left-wing agenda to turn Twitter into a "safe space" rather than a necessary step to keep corporate advertisers, who aren't going pay money to be associated with a giant version of Gab/4Chan/the War Room.

You can't cope with the fact that it was actually the market that made Twitter what it was.
Muskrat cultists are giving a great demonstration on the sunk cost fallacy presently. They just can't bring themselves to change course. Musk is on a biblical fall from grace right now, but they decided he's their guy - mostly because he posts retarded right-wing memes - and they can't cut their losses.

Valid point.

No, it's not. There's already multiple state and federal investigations that have commenced into FTX, and SBF is going to get extradited back to the US in the very near future.

...and of course, shit like FTX would be much less likely to happen if they scrutinized billionaires before they fuck over their investors rather than after. Musk should've gotten busted for using Telsa shareholder money to purchase SolarCity when it was about to go bankrupt.

Also, he's forcing everybody to see this "profound" point by putting it in everybody's timeline under the "technology" trendline.

Back