Eddie vs Conor is the worst performance in UFC history

Who is Eddie? Eddie Vedder?

GrimyWealthyAgouti-mobile.jpg

Eddie Sanchez. You never watched Bully Beatdown as a kid?

Eddie shit the bed for sure. The stars aligned for Conor. I don't think he would've won against RDA.

Rewatch the fight but only watch Eddie.

Throws lead straight rights with no set up

Overextends so much he crosses his feet

Hands down, chin up

Constantly goes for shitty takedowns but never tries clinching

No jabs

wtf was he doing in there

No wonder Conor went on to get outstruck by Khabib and smoked by Poirer. That victory is overrated
Wasn't sold on that fight. Not saying it was engineered, but that whole thing is off.

Eddie had just defeated prime RDA, who was 11-1 (one dec. loss to Khabib) in his last 12 fights, so dumbfuck haters can fuck off.

eddie had a good performance against RDA... but his road to get there was suspect.

beat chandler by a split in bellator (meh)
lost to cerrone on ufc debut (lol)
split decision against gilbert
split decision against pettis
then gets a TS off a 2 fight streak.

can I put my tinfoil hat on? The UFC at that time wanted Conor to win so they tested everyone he fought heavily for steroids (which they were all using and had to stop before fighting Conor due to more tight testing). Mendes did not look the same, Aldo pulled out of the fight at first and did not look the same, Alvarez did not look the same, even Khabib, Conor was possibly his closest fight except Tibau. Against Poirier they didnt give a fuck anymore and Nate Diaz was the only one not on the juice.

Did you see the Forest vs Anderson Silva fight ? that was a pretty bad performance also but it happens when you fight Elite level strikers. Eddie is still a great fighter though But he’s more of a brawler than a complete striker.

I think Conor was really damn good at that time, and you still have to give him a ton of credit for that performance

But it’s almost like Eddie fought the exact way you would fight if you want Conor to beat you lol… Conor’s best weapon is his counter left, and Eddie was just asking to get countered the whole fight

I heard Firas say he wouldn’t even throw a straight fight against Conor for the first couple of rounds… not only did Eddie throw it, but he would leave it hanging out there in this bizarre way

can I put my tinfoil hat on? The UFC at that time wanted Conor to win so they tested everyone he fought heavily for steroids (which they were all using and had to stop before fighting Conor due to more tight testing). Mendes did not look the same, Aldo pulled out of the fight at first and did not look the same, Alvarez did not look the same, even Khabib, Conor was possibly his closest fight except Tibau. Against Poirier they didnt give a fuck anymore and Nate Diaz was the only one not on the juice.
Lol you literally just made all this up based on nothing

The ref stopped that fight too early. Eddie was just about to come back. He does in nearly all of his fights up to that point.
<{JustBleed}>

Or he took a dive for the $$$. Just like Woodley and Silva did for Jake Paul.
<6>

It's actually pathetic how people on here can't give any semblance of credit to fighters they dislike.

I don't like Conor as a person either, but that was an absolutely masterful performance against one of the grittiest lightweights to ever do it, who has one of the most impressive resumes at 155.
I think you need a taste of your own medicine. The dude went on to do literally worse than nothing with his career after that fight. So. Chill. It’s a good win. But there were like 4 people who were better at 155 on that exact day than Eddie

Carla vs Joanna champion takes it for me. She had one thing she was good at and Joanna completely shut it down. She started panic shooting because she looked like a deer in the headlights on the feet and made it look even worse.

Eddie actually was fighting decently at the start mixing in the inside leg kicks and doing what he "should" be doing vs a Southpaw. He just got caught and dropped early and couldn't fully recover.

I didnt claim I have proof. It's a theory
Yeah I know, but you should have something to back it up… imagine if everyone went around making up conspiracies based on nothing. It’s still a negative thing to do even if you say it’s just a theory IMO

It’s Sherdog though so it’s not like it matters I guess lol.

Conor is a southpaw
Against southpaws you throw lead straight rights

You're welcome

Just not as bad as Eddie did vs Conor

Eddie circled to his left for 40 seconds, away from Conors left, which was good.
He fainted with his left a lot and started with leg kicks. Also good.
After 40seconds he started to circle right, as he is used to. Which is dumb. Did that till the end. Lining up every left hand for Conor
Maybe the first knockdown after 1 minute concussed him and he couldn't fight according to his gameplan

Conor's jab wasn't good back then, which people forget, when they say old Conor was bettur everywhure

Very solid analysis.

He was definitely concussed from that first exchange, it was almost like the Aldo KO, yet somehow Eddie survived but he was likely shook after that and could never get things back on track.

Biggest mistake he made in my opinion was not focusing on clinching early; McGregor at his peak was always super-dangerous in the first round and especially in the first couple minutes, if you just sat at range and gave him time and space to make reads and counter he would eat up everyone shorter and slower than him. Getting those arms tired and making him work so his footwork is slower/sloppier is so critical to taking him out of his element.

Not even the worst when it comes to those that shit-the-bed when fighting Conor.

Cerrone, I was legit like: WTF?!

Aldo didn't really get to perform at all against Conor.

Back