10am local time cards in Vegas reminding us this a bush league

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What was the point of this?
Imagine being a cage fighter and having to show up at 7am for warmups and hand taping as part of the "top league in the world", where your audience is like 100 company employees at their corporate office, plus a few hardcores watching on a streaming site.

Last edited:
No idea but i will be missing the main card. smh

I personally don't mind it because it starts at 2 pm for me. Little bit of day drinking before heading off later tonight.

But yeah, people on the west coast kinda get screwed. Shot of rum in your Frosted Flakes is the only way to go I guess.
Oh I don't mean the fat oafs tuning in at 11am
I'm talking about making pro fighters wake up at 5am for a bout that will determine their entire career trajectory for shitty pay with no discernable audience either on tv or in person.

Last edited:
I'm talking about making pro fighters wake up at 5am for a bout that will determine their entire career trajectory for shitty pay.

Alright I misunderstood, my bad. Still, not sure I agree though. I don't know what you do for a living but look at this way. For my job I wake up at about 5:30 am, make some food, bathe, whatever and head to work for 7 am. Most peoples jobs have a similar schedule. Not sure how you are but I'd rather just wake up and get my work done, relax the rest of the night. I couldn't imagine the anxiety of fight day for a fighter, fighting at normal times that is. Wake up early and just sitting around waiting for your moment many hours later would be exhausting and I'm sure many fighters agree. UFC is Bush league for sure man but I don't think this is a reason why.

What was the point of this?
Imagine being a cage fighter and having to show up at 7am for warmups and hand taping.

Imagine being so clueless as to not understand that a business has international viewers, or that American fighters fighting in Dubai, Europe, Japan, etc., are "on at weird times". SMH -_-

Alright I misunderstood, my bad. Still, not sure I agree though. I don't know what you do for a living but look at this way. For my job I wake up at about 5:30 am, make some food, bathe, whatever and head to work for 7 am. Most peoples jobs have a similar schedule. Not sure how you are but I'd rather just wake up and get my work done, relax the rest of the night. I couldn't imagine the anxiety of fight day for a fighter, fighting at normal times that is. Wake up early and just sitting around waiting for your moment many hours later would be exhausting and I'm sure many fighters agree. UFC is Bush league but for sure man but I don't think this is a reason why.
Is there a 50% chance that when you show up for your job, that if it's not a great day you'll be fired and have to find a new profession?

It's a bush league card. There isn't a fight worth tuning in until 3pm.

I'm talking about making pro fighters wake up at 5am for a bout that will determine their entire career trajectory for shitty pay.
Don't worry Dr. Brackis i am sure they got their 8 hours

Don't most Sherbro's detail their Lambo's on SUNDAY Afternoon?
What color is your Bugatti

Back