10am local time cards in Vegas reminding us this a bush league

Yup, loved the atmosphere, the smell of the gym and the mats. The butterflies/excited feeling. The bus rides with all your teammates cutting up. Even the times we'd get hotel rooms and we'd all end up in the same room just having a blast the night before state. I cherish those days, so many good memories.
Absolutely! The chode who started this threads a dip shit worrying about other men and their job start times.

Day or night, rain or shine, anyone, anywhere, anytime.

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it.
If you seek to do battle with me this day you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.
It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give
and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day. I have trained, drilled and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you. I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills and have become proficient in the application of combat tactics. You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price and will be lucky to escape with your life.
You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary. I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me. But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without Courage.
So I WILL FIGHT YOU, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, and to the death if need be, in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a Warrior.

Yup, loved the atmosphere, the smell of the gym and the mats. The butterflies/excited feeling. The bus rides with all your teammates cutting up. Even the times we'd get hotel rooms and we'd all end up in the same room just having a blast the night before the state meet. I cherish those days, so many good memories.
So nostalgia for youth sports = pro athletes should be forced into uncomfortable events at shitty times where nobody notices?

Doesn't seem that different than having to fight at midnight. If you've got weeks/months to preoare, and you're a professional then it shouldn't matter.

Nah, but it doesn't bother me, and I don't know if it bothers them either. Personally I prefer it, to each there own.
If your paycheck depended on viewership popularity and peak performance, I think you would.

Oh I don't mean the fat oafs tuning in at 11am
I'm talking about making pro fighters wake up at 5am for a bout that will determine their entire career trajectory for shitty pay.
Most people wake up or go to work at those times. We can all make decisions that affect our career trajectory every day. Doctors don’t get to sleep in until noon and then do a casual evening surgery. Someone could die under their care.

It is weird because they're not trying to cater to anyone overseas.

Maybe dana has a concert to go to this evening?

Alright I misunderstood, my bad. Still, not sure I agree though. I don't know what you do for a living but look at this way. For my job I wake up at about 5:30 am, make some food, bathe, whatever and head to work for 7 am. Most peoples jobs have a similar schedule. Not sure how you are but I'd rather just wake up and get my work done, relax the rest of the night. I couldn't imagine the anxiety of fight day for a fighter, fighting at normal times that is. Wake up early and just sitting around waiting for your moment many hours later would be exhausting and I'm sure many fighters agree. UFC is Bush league for sure man but I don't think this is a reason why.
Then on the other side of the coin, people complain that fighters don’t want to be up until midnight getting ready to fight in the main event. Lose lose.

Then on the other side of the coin, people complain that fighters don’t want to be up until midnight getting ready to fight in the main event. Lose lose.
Who complains about that?
Main events pay people lots of money for maximum viewership.

But it doesn't, UFC profits have skyrocketed and the fighters get paid virtually the same. The time slot maybe would matter a little.
lol wut?
If nobody sees you fight you definitely won't earn a lot of money or fans.

lol wut?
If nobody sees you fight you definitely won't earn a lot of money or fans.
Man, you acting like no one's watching them fight. I don't know the numbers but I wouldn't think it's a big dip, it's only an Apex fight night card after all.

Last edited:
Man, you acting like no one's watching them fight. I don't know the numbers but I wouldn't think it's a big dip, it's a Apex fight night card after all.
Who is watching this?

There are like 100 people in this building, located in an office park on the outskirts of Vegas, so it doesn't even prepare these folks for actual events.
They'd get more crowd experience on an LFA card lol.

Who is watching this?

There are like 100 people in this building, located in an office park on the outskirts of Vegas, so it doesn't even prepare these folks for actual events.
They'd get more crowd experience on an LFA card lol.
I was talking about tv viewership, I can guarantee it's more than LFA. But yeah, I'm sure the tv viewership is not quiet as much as a nightly slot. Crazy fight by the way right now.

Back