Social Transgender Megathread Vol. 2

Did you join the pronoun circus?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Medically necessary" lol
On the one hand, doctors are not infallible. They make mistakes sometimes. Some are more competent than others. You shouldn't be afraid to seek a second opinion if you receive medical advice you believe is unsound. On the other hand, one should also respect the position. The hard work and the sacrifice that it took to go to school for four years and then several more years after that. And to intern afterward and eventually become a full-fledged medical doctor.

I've worked with doctors professionally in the past and I respect what they do. I didn't put in that kind of time and effort to get licensed and they did. We have a problem in our society where laymen with Dunning-Kruger think they know more than the actual experts. The more you know about something, the more you know just how little you know about something. I know just enough that I don't really know medicine or science. Therefore I respect those who do know these things on a deeper level than I do.

On the one hand, doctors are not infallible. They make mistakes sometimes. Some are more competent than others. You shouldn't be afraid to seek a second opinion if you receive medical advice you believe is unsound. On the other hand, one should also respect the position. The hard work and the sacrifice that it took to go to school for four years and then several more years after that. And to intern afterward and eventually become a full-fledged medical doctor.

I've worked with doctors professionally in the past and I respect what they do. I didn't put in that kind of time and effort to get licensed and they did. We have a problem in our society where laymen with Dunning-Kruger think they know more than the actual experts. The more you know about something, the more you know just how little you know about something. I know just enough that I don't really know medicine or science. Therefore I respect those who do know these things on a deeper level than I do.

Being a medical doctor does not give one metaphysical knowledge, political knowledge, or social knowledge.

Being a medical doctor does not give one metaphysical knowledge, political knowledge, or social knowledge.
Being the most risk averse people, as a whole, physicians are Ill equipped to make decisions outside of physical needs. So yeah, agreed.

Being the most risk averse people, as a whole, physicians are Ill equipped to make decisions outside of physical needs. So yeah, agreed.

Remember a lot of doctors want certain sports to be erased because they carry an injury risk.

OK doctors and medical experts 30 years ago agreed that trans and LGBT all have a mental illness.

wtf-is-that-confused.gif
is that <{katwhu}>

The Dunning-Krugger effect could be used to describe the entirety of psychiatric medicine up to this point, with the exception of psychedelics, which seems quite promising for certain things. Shocking people's brains to the point of memory loss was a decision so-called experts in the psychiatric field made. It was experts who decided that removing half of someone's brain was seen as a viable treatment for their psychiatric condition. The experts were doing things ad-hoc, without knowing causes, to the detriment of patients. The sad part is, some of these treatments are still being used to this day.

@Trabaho How do you feel about Hershill Walker telling trans folk that Jesus won't recognise them when they die and pass on from this life and know where they should go in the afterlife?

@Trabaho How do you feel about Hershill Walker telling trans folk that Jesus won't recognise them when they die and pass on from this life and know where they should go in the afterlife?

It's a sin but we're all sinners it's for God to decide what happens with who after death. You should not judge if you don't wanna be judged it says in the Bible. We are human not saints. Bye bye.

I don't get how that concerns me. Anything you do sexually with man is gay by definition. Anything you do with a woman is different from doing it with man. I do not care right now. I'm tired and retiring from these type topics. Everyone go have a blessed day. I'm not trying to disrespect peoples private lives.
Very happy you don't judge men having sex with men. Have a wonderful day too.

Back