Anyone use starlink?

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Contemplating upgrading to starlink. Currently all internet goes through my 5g network. But it often bounces to 4g. Anyone have any experience with musks starlink?

Starlink currently offers five total internet plans: Starlink, Starlink Business, Starlink RV, Starlink Maritime, and Starlink Aviation. Download speeds for these plans range from 50–500 Mbps and can cost anywhere from $110–$5,000 a month with 1 TB of data and no contracts or cancellation fees.

<AckbarTrap>

I hear good things about it. Someone told me you can take it anywhere in the world with you. From your home to the most dense forest in Brazil.

I hear good things about it. Someone told me you can take it anywhere in the world with you. From your home to the most dense forest in Brazil.

Yeah that seems to be the " RV package "

STARLINK FOR RVs

AUSTRALIA OFFER UNTIL NEW YEARS
$924 $450 FOR HARDWARE

Immediately access high-speed, low-latency internet on an as-needed basis at any destination where Starlink provides active coverage. $174/mo with a one-time hardware cost of $450.

With fuel prices doubt I'll be travelling round Australia for awhile lol.

$924 A$450 FOR HARDWARE

Residential

High-speed, low-latency broadband internet in remote and rural locations across the globe for A$139/mo

Yeah that seems to be the " RV package "

STARLINK FOR RVs

$924 $450 FOR HARDWARE

Immediately access high-speed, low-latency internet on an as-needed basis at any destination where Starlink provides active coverage. $174/mo with a one-time hardware cost of $450.

With fuel prices doubt I'll be travelling round Australia for awhile lol.

$924 A$450 FOR HARDWARE

Residential

High-speed, low-latency broadband internet in remote and rural locations across the globe for A$139/mo

That’s the one we are getting….

I currently pay 200 month for unlimited downloads on my mobile 5g / it runs all the net in the house. So it would be cheaper for me . Providing its a stable connection

put my $99 deposit down and it says coming to my area in early ‘23

My bro has such shit internet he's thinking about it. I believe T-Mobile home 5G is saving him from having to do so.

I know a few people who previously did not have access to high speed internet. It totally changed their lives.

I know a few people who previously did not have access to high speed internet. It totally changed their lives.
Indeed Starlink is a game changer for rural people that the normal ISP's refuse to service. Had mine since spring and its great, can download games and stream in 4k dolby vision with no problems. Works great with wifi calling an voip as well.

I've seen a couple of YouTube creators that have it because they live in areas without broadband. They say it is much faster than what they had but there are still times when it isn't available because all of the satellites aren't up yet. I have 3 different fiber-optic services running through my yard so I doubt I'll ever need it.

No thanks.

My fiber optic internet is just fine for $80 a month.

Contemplating upgrading to starlink. Currently all internet goes through my 5g network. But it often bounces to 4g. Anyone have any experience with musks starlink?

Been trying to get it for 3 years now in Texas. The fucker hasn't delivered yet.

That's it.

I was really interested in it a few years ago and even did the pre sign-up. But as the day came and the price tag came out.."naw homie my internet works just fine for $80".

And now with the thought that Elon could just turn it on and off for his own amusement doesn't sit well with me...

Been trying to get it for 3 years now in Texas. The fucker hasn't delivered yet.

That's it.

Elon Musk not delivering?
4298108.jpg

I've had it for about 6 months and its been fine. I don't do anything crazy with it but it streams tv and I can play online games fine, the only thing it struggles with is cloud gaming on my xbox. some games it works ok but others are unplayable.

I got starlink recently. Live in the mountains and was previously paying $95/month for a 5mbps DSL connection. Now I pay $110 per month for starlink and get 50+mbps (often more than that). The connection is solid, no issues with speed and hardly ever goes down. When my area gets fiber-optic I will probably switch to that, but for now Starlink is as good as it gets here.

A good friend of mine moved to a remote community with virtually no internet. He got star link and LOVES it. He can't stop talking about it. He can works from home, fast enough for all his needs.

Back