Is Paddy actually a draw?

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone on these boards talk about him, and he's popular with hardcore fans (and huge in England), but does anyone really care outside of UFC fans? Is he actually a STAR???
I asked a handful of my friends who are serious sports fans and none of them had ever heard of him. They had all heard of Conor, Khabib, Liddell and to a lesser extent, Jones and Silva.
I wanna know has he actually impacted the views and PPV buyrate for this last card? Or do we just assume he's a star because Sherdog and all the websites are always talking about him.

I honestly don't get how a grown man can be a fan of someone like Paddy. His haircut is stupid, everything he say is also stupid. His accent is even more annoying than Darren Till's. The only thing keeping him successful all this time is because majority of world especially sports fans are also stupid. He only has that relateable value of being stupid.

But to answer the question.... He hasn't been proven to be a star yet because he never become the main event or co-main event in PPV until this last card. We don't how his numbers perform yet.

Last edited:
He’s a bigger draw than most, which isn’t saying a ton honestly. I think any drawing power he has will be short lived because the skills just aren’t there and it’s obvious. He will lose devastatingly soon and be just another guy.

He’s a bigger draw than most, which isn’t saying a ton honestly. I think any drawing power he has will be short lived because the skills just aren’t there and it’s obvious. He will lose devastatingly soon and be just another guy.
Didn't you say the same thing about O'Malley?

He will always have a hard-core following of ketwigs but I honestly don't think he will maintain a big following in the UK. "Scouse, not English" remember. Not gonna buy you much love from the wider public.

He was up until last Saturday night.
He’s gotta do some spectacular shit to erase that blemish. Even the casual crowd have seen past the veil on this one.

I think he actually is a legit draw for now, but it won't last much longer. It's not exclusively his personality/look (although that of course plays a huge factor), but also his first 3 UFC fights were actually really entertaining and he finished his opponents. You can sell that to a casual fan. Of course the fight vs Gordon was the beginning of the end of that mystique, and it'll collapse pretty quickly if he gets finished his next time out.

oooooooh , paddy the baddy!
oooooooh, paddy the baddy!

He is a draw lad, and if you don't agree you can sucxk me a*hole.

Back