Did the UFC Edit Sean Sherk vs Evan Dunham?

For those who haven't seen it, Sean Sherk vs Evan Dunham was a fantastic battle that is worth a watch -- especially since the decision is considered controversial.

However, I am confident that at some point in the fight, Mike Goldberg declares the fight is over, and then has to correct himself. However, when I watch the fight on Fightpass, I can't find this moment. I'm pretty sure it happens in the first round, and that the UFC just completely removed Goldberg's commentary while it was happening.

Can anyone confirm that I'm not crazy?
Mandela Effect.

I remember watching this fight on ppv when it happened, during the golden age of lay n pray/wall n stall infecting mma.
Luckily everybody learned to wrestle and it ended soon after.

For those who haven't seen it, Sean Sherk vs Evan Dunham was a fantastic battle that is worth a watch -- especially since the decision is considered controversial.

However, I am confident that at some point in the fight, Mike Goldberg declares the fight is over, and then has to correct himself. However, when I watch the fight on Fightpass, I can't find this moment. I'm pretty sure it happens in the first round, and that the UFC just completely removed Goldberg's commentary while it was happening.

I found the fight on youtube.

Not sure if you remember any details of what was happening when you thought he said it was over? a bit less than 1 min into the 2nd Dunham gets a guillotine and Joe says he went limp...but then Sean popped out of it.

That seemed like the only time anyone could have even thought it might be over.

I found the fight on youtube.

Not sure if you remember any details of what was happening when you thought he said it was over? a bit less than 1 min into the 2nd Dunham gets a guillotine and Joe says he went limp...but then Sean popped out of it.

That seemed like the only time anyone could have even thought it might be over.

I've timestamped it:

Articles discuss Goldberg's flub: https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/10-worst-judges-decisions-in-ufc-history/9

"Dunham was coming into the fight off the back of 11 straight wins, 4 in the UFC, and it looked like he’d follow it up with his 12th when he caught Sherk in a tight guillotine choke in the first round. Even commentator Mike Goldberg figured he’d won as he began to yell his trademark “IT IS ALL OVER” line before Sherk – turning purple – somehow escaped and then sliced Dunham open with an elbow, causing blood to spurt from a nasty cut."

https://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/25/ufc-119-sean-sherk-beats-evan-dunham

Sherk slammed Dunham to the ground early in the first round and wound up in a guillotine choke, but he managed to pull his head free. From there Sherk stayed on top and stayed in control for a few minutes, but Dunham managed to break free and sink in a choke so deep that UFC announcer Mike Goldberg actually declared the fight over. In fact, not only was Sherk not finished, but he got right back on top of Dunham and landed an elbow that opened a huge cut near Dunham's eye. Despite Dunham twice being close to choking Sherk out, it was a round that Sherk mostly controlled.

Yeah its in every Goldie blooper reel.
Like why would they remove that? Chances Goldie seems more charming and more people want him back lol?

Did they also edit the Wander Silva beatsWanderlei silva bit?

Yes. They edit them all the time. I went back and rewatched a few and they are totally different.
We really need to start recording this events live and keeping them so zuffa can’t fuck

es0G4DX.jpg

Goldberg absolutely did that! After reading your title but before reading the post, that moment was the first that came to mind. Of all the things to edit, why choose to edit that out?

Back