Why Khamzat Chimaev finishes Whittaker in the 1st round 75% and 2 round 95%

And please, elaborate on this “stylisitic edge” in the striking that Khamzat has over Rob.
Maybe that Whittaker gets caught thinking about the relentless takedowns? Dunno

NegligibleDirectBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy he has been out-manuvered by Izzy without exiting 1st gear..

Whittaker can stuff and shout down someone who is using pure brute force but he can't shout down someone who is extremely technical and skilled.

Khamzat is just way to technically good to get stuffed by Whittaker and despite Whittaker being strong Chimaev is stronger imo but it is the combo of the technical aspect that would be the huge gap.

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure. Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.

But I see it differently tho? I mean how it will unfold! I think there will be several scrambles and in one of these Khamzat strangles whittaker in the 1st round with 75% chance it being the likely outcome..

As good as Whittaker is but there is levels to this in my honest opinion and Khamzat is the way more technical and skilled fighter..

Bobby knuckles via chronic masturbation

Whittaker fought Romero twice and proved he can fight agaist strong wrestlers (much stronger that khamzat)

Whittaker isn't a nobody, Khamzat had difficulties with a good grappler (Burns) ...

Anyways... whittaker is a very complete fighter, Khamzat should prepare a traning camp for 3 months for Whittaker
yeah but he lost the second time so it's not worth bringing up. also romero has no volume or wrestling cardio more like an anti wrestler than a guy who will shoot on your repeatedly.

I mean maybe. But as things stand I still favour Whittaker in these matchup.

It’s a close fight either way.

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy he has been out-manuvered by Izzy without exiting 1st gear..
Whittaker is extremely technical when it comes to the stand up lately with his boxing improving immensely the last few years, look at his last two fights for example against Vettori and Izzy(second fight).

Whittaker can stuff and shout down someone who is using pure brute force but he can't shout down someone who is extremely technical and skilled.

Khamzat is just way to technically good to get stuffed by Whittaker and despite Whittaker being strong Chimaev is stronger imo but it is the combo of the technical aspect that would be the huge gap.
Khamzat is definitely the better pure wrestler than Rob, that's for sure. So were guys like Romero, Brunson or Vettori and he easily stuffed them multiple times or got back up easily when he got taken down. While Khamzat is definitely better than those two when it comes to that department by a large margin, the argument here is you don't need to be the superior grappler to negate someone else's grappling to win the fight as this is MMA after all.
Rob also has some pretty sick scrambles and I think you may be severely underestimating his overall game when it hits the ground.
Khamzat will get fatigued attempting to grapple with Rob for extending periods of time or get discouraged like he did against Burns.
Whittaker isn't you're typical Holland or Leech that have barely any TDD.

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure. Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.
Izzy didn't pressure Rob that much at all in either fights and when he did he used feints to set up everything along with his superb footwork, if Khamzat who doesn't fight anything like Izzy tries to bulldoze Whittaker he'll be countered plenty of times and just be handing the win over to Rob with a gameplan like that.
You're also absolutely crazy if you think Khamzat is technically the better striker than Rob, there's nothing that has shown that at all.

But I see it differently tho? I mean how it will unfold! I think there will be several scrambles and in one of these Khamzat strangles whittaker in the 1st round with 75% chance it being the likely outcome..
If the fight gets made you should post a bet slip.

As good as Khamzat is but there is levels to this in my honest opinion and Whittaker is the way more technical and skilled fighter..
Fixed it for you;)

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him

What in the hell, Whittaker was mostly the one pressuring in the first fight, both knockdowns and the best strikes from Adesanya were counters.

The best punches Bobby landed were actually counters too, when Izzy pressed forward once in a while.

Khamzat and Adesanya fight so nothing alike, anyway, it's not even worth comparing.

Last edited:
Bobby's striking is light-years ahead of Khamzat and The Swedish Russian doesn't have the strength or cardio to fight his normal style of bumrushing his opponents. Also fight would be 5 rounds and that's a death sentence for him

He is not stuffing Chimaev he is just to technical to get stuffed he is not using brute force to get the Takedowns. You can't stopped that..

Grounded and choked out that is inevitable

Like he did with Burns? Your looking at the last fight and projecting.

You mixing facts with falsehood here. First of all Yoel is not a wrestler heavy fighter and stopped wrestling besides he uses force to get Takedowns that is the difference and you didn't get my drift on the up and also Khamzat didn't use grappling against Burns again apples and oranges.

I am telling you right now Whittaker won't be able to stuff Khamzat he is way to technical and doesn't need brute force to get him down..
Cool point, but that's pure speculation. There's little doubt at this point that Khamzat is as good a grappler as we've seen in the sport.
But his striking on the other hand is rather average. Maybe a little better than that, he carries power for sure, but striking wise he was pretty much evenly matched with Gilbert Burns. Khamzat had his problems taking Burns down and that guy is a former lightweight who's BJJ might be wrestling-heavy, but he's still a Jiu Jitsu player and not a wrestler.
Robert is a very good wrestler even if he doesn't show it a whole lot and sticks to striking and tdd. I have no reason to believe that Khamzat will have to work less for a takedown against a Bobby knuckles than against Burns.
The difference in skill between Khamzat and Robert isn't bigger in wrestling in favor of Khamzat than it is in striking in favor of Whittaker.

Whittaker fought Romero twice and proved he can fight agaist strong wrestlers (much stronger that khamzat)

Whittaker isn't a nobody, Khamzat had difficulties with a good grappler (Burns) ...

Anyways... whittaker is a very complete fighter, Khamzat should prepare a traning camp for 3 months for Whittaker
1. Romero seldom uses his offensive wrestling but chooses to stand and look for a knockout
2. Khazmat didn't attempt to takedown Burns because he has world class jui-jitsu, something whittaker doesn't

Prime Jacare Souza had Whittakers back and could take submit him

That's some Tim Sylvia math right there.

75% chance he finishes him in the 1st. But then a 95% chance he finishes him in the 2nd? That's not even possible.

Unless you mean 95% within the first 2 rounds.

Khamzat doesn't have the tools to beat Whittaker. The Reaper is a nightmare matchup for Chimaev.

I like how much full of shit OP is stating how most dont know it yet but Khamzat has a slight stylistic edge one the feet when we can all agree thats where Whittaker would end the fight, he will keep it standing and finish Khamzat on the feet. He also based Chimaev being the stronger fighter based on what? Based on absolutely nothing, op is just delusional AF. He then goes on to say Rob doesnt like to get pressured and Izzy is proof to that, well guess what buddy, its cause Izzy is a better striker the reason why Rob has lost to Izzy. Rob is a great anti wrestler though and I dont see Khamzat taking him though, OP can talk all he wants about pressuring Rob but at the end of the day Rob has God Tier TDD. There is a reason Chimaev and his team wanted to train with Rob and become his new BFF, cause they want to claim they dont want to fight their new BFF if they are ever asked to fight Rob.

TS is just a delusional fanboy, nothing to see.

Last edited:
Back