Why Khamzat Chimaev finishes Whittaker in the 1st round 75% and 2 round 95%

You’re crazy if you think Bobby would stand in the center with his hands down anticipating a TD. Zat couldn’t even keep Gilbert down at WW. Bobby’s TDD % is almost double Gilbert’s and he’s a bigger, better defensive wrestler. Since when has the takedown been Bobby’s kryptonite? Bobby picks Zat apart and drops him several times in a 3 rounder. If it’s 5, Zat will drown in the deep water; late finish by Bobby. They’re chummy now, though, so I doubt Zat wants this fight. It wouldn’t do much for Bobby, either.
I'm just guessing what the TS could've meant, because it's the only thing I could think of lol.

Khamzat didn't have trouble taking Burns down and keeping him there, he was just too cautious against the ADCC champ and let him back t the feet. Whittaker has never faced an MMA wrestler like Khamzat though.

Last edited:
Khamzat is the best in the world at beating guys he won't sign contracts to fight <36>

Anyone with strong TDD will be a tough fight for Khamzat, he's got similar strengths to Khabib, if he can take you down he'll fucking destroy you, if it stays standing it will be a long night for them

Chimaev couldn't even finish burns

At most he hurts whittaker but chimaev gets jabbed up and kicked all night

yeah but he lost the second time so it's not worth bringing up. also romero has no volume or wrestling cardio more like an anti wrestler than a guy who will shoot on your repeatedly.
Khamzat isn't a chain wrestler either. He goes for fast explosive tds early. He's actually alot like Romero only he doesn't pace himself and has youthful energy.

Its a 50/50 fight and a damn good one. Robert cant beat everyone except the champ forever.

Robert Whittaker is a great fighter and his strengths come from being strong, explosive Middleweight and he has decent amount of power in his hands tho not the most technical guy he has been out-manuvered by Izzy without exiting 1st gear..

Adesanya is the best striker in the division, and Whittaker was more than competitive with in their second meeting. No other fighter, aside from Thomson, who is another one of the best strikers in the promotion, has been able to deal with him standing up…

Whittaker can stuff and shout down someone who is using pure brute force but he can't shout down someone who is extremely technical and skilled.

Khamzat is just way to technically good to get stuffed by Whittaker and despite Whittaker being strong Chimaev is stronger imo but it is the combo of the technical aspect that would be the huge gap.

Yoel Romero isn’t just a big muscular dude who uses brute force. He is arguably the best wrestler that has ever competed in MMA. His wrestling credentials put Chimaev’s to shame, but in your eyes he is less technical than Chimaev?

Whittaker doesn't like to get also pressured and that is why Izzy KO'ed him and what Khamzat does is nothing but extreme pressure. Even in the striking department Khamzat has slight stylistic edge that most don't realize.

Actually, Whittaker’s KO loss to Adesanya came BECAUSE he was the aggressor, not because he was being pressured. Adesanya took advantage of Whittaker’s aggressive approach and countered him beautifully.

Whittaker showed that he is comfortable sitting back and picking his spots, and in the rematch was successful in many instances doing just that.

But I see it differently tho? I mean how it will unfold! I think there will be several scrambles and in one of these Khamzat strangles whittaker in the 1st round with 75% chance it being the likely outcome..

Chimaev might get a takedown, but I doubt it comes early, and the later the fight goes, the better it will probably be for Whittaker. Whittaker has proven his endurance in multiple 5 round bouts, and has shown that he would still have something left in the gas tank, even in the 25 minute. Chimaev went 3 rounds one time, and it was probably his worst performance.

As good as Whittaker is but there is levels to this in my honest opinion and Khamzat is the way more technical and skilled fighter...

Yes, there are levels to this, but I believe it’s the other way around…

Whittaker has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in the world, winning and defending an UFC title in the process, and shown himself to be at the top tier of MMA. Chimaev has yet to fight anyone even close to Whittaker’s level.

Hypothetical Khamzat might be the best of all the mythological MMA fighters.

According to Sherdog this guy has pretty much cleaned out 2 divisions with only 1 top ten win. That is incredibly efficient.
Holy shit I know right??? Do they forget Burns dropped him like a rock and busted his face up? Whittakers speed and accuracy would be far too much for him.

Maybe that Whittaker gets caught thinking about the relentless takedowns? Dunno
Sure, sure.

It's not impossible, but you're arguing that Khamzat is all of a sudden a better wrestler than Yoel Romero? Who couldn't take Whittaker down? LOL. The blueprint for beating Whittaker is clear: you need to be an elite striker with TDD and fight a 'fade-away counterstriking' style, like Adesanya. That's it. That ain't Khamzat.

Sure, sure.

It's not impossible, but you're arguing that Khamzat is all of a sudden a better wrestler than Yoel Romero? Who couldn't take Whittaker down? LOL. The blueprint for beating Whittaker is clear: you need to be an elite striker with TDD and fight a 'fade-away counterstriking' style, like Adesanya. That's it. That ain't Khamzat.
Khamzat has better MMA wrestling than Yoel or anybody Whittaker has ever fought. Yes

WTF? What are you even saying? That that fight was fixed and Jacare gave Whittaker the win? LMAO...
1st I should never comment when I am sleepy. I meant prime Jacare had his back and couldn't submit him. I doubt Khamzat would be able to.

1st I should never comment when I am sleepy. I meant prime Jacare had his back and couldn't submit him. I doubt Khamzat would be able to.
That makes more sense. I've made many posts as well that dont make sense even when not sleepy many times, its why now I like to re-read my posts to make sure it doesnt look like a drunken dude made it.

I think Khamzat's pressure/grappling is something Whit has never seen before. However, Whit is better everywhere, especially footwork/movement/distance control. Great fight, would like to see how Whit deals with the someone who bulls people over.

Yikes. Good luck with that.
Yoel still had very good wrestling in MMA, but what made him an olympian was scoring points with tilts and turns. He didn't score a lot of points with takedowns. Yoel was even outwrestled by Brunson and Markes early on. Additionally he was in his 40s when he fought Whittaker.

More like 99% he wins and 98% he finishes Rob

Back