• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

Wow

This card is stacked, shits on every upcoming UFC card
Still waiting on the last CBS fight. Was hoping it was MVP vs Larkin. We’re a month out. Who could it be? Yoel? MVP?

Fl0IslzWIA0y9G3

Caldwell vs. Nikita Mikhailov and Isaiah Hokit vs. Peter Ishiguro

Still waiting on the last CBS fight. Was hoping it was MVP vs Larkin. We’re a month out. Who could it be? Yoel? MVP?
They planed on putting all 3 guys from Team Fedor on main card (Fedor, Nemkov and Tokov) but the Nemkov fight was too soon, so Usman won't fight most likely cuz they fought on the same card

Mousasi vs Fabian
MVP vs Koreshkov
Shabliy vs Benson

Even if the third fight will remain Ward vs Homasi, I'm fine with it since that fight will most likely deliver

Fl0IslzWIA0y9G3

It’s actually a pretty good card. I think Homasi vs Ward was the fight to leave on the main card. It’s a guaranteed banger. Ward isn’t smart enough to use his wrestling. @tehMoose looks like we found our CBS card.

Fl0IslzWIA0y9G3

I really like Mikhailov, but he seems in over his head against Caldwell. Wonder what the odds will be.

I really like Mikhailov, but he seems in over his head against Caldwell. Wonder what the odds will be.
Caldwell has Forest Gump's level of fight IQ and the shittiest gas tank. He will probably outwrestle Mikhailov the first, gas by the 2nd, and give up midway to the 3rd. I will be looking for the O2.5 on this one.

Caldwell has Forest Gump's level of fight IQ and the shittiest gas tank. He will probably outwrestle Mikhailov the first, gas by the 2nd, and give up midway to the 3rd. I will be looking for the O2.5 on this one.
I think Bellator is trying to get rid of Caldwell. He is on a three bout losing streak and incredibly boring. If Nikita wins, they have a young prospect with a decent scalp on his record

thats a really good Bellator card. Good prelims. Is it the main card I would have made for CBS probably not but overall top to bottom very strong.

I def hope you’re right. I know Caldwell has been struggling, but the way the Barzola-Mikhailov fight went really let me with the feeling that Nikita’s ceiling just isn’t super high. I mean, I get that he’s only 23-24 years old or whatever… but Caldwell may not even be the big step up I think it is. My gut is that Caldwell wins this one.

I def hope you’re right. I know Caldwell has been struggling, but the way the Barzola-Mikhailov fight went really let me with the feeling that Nikita’s ceiling just isn’t super high. I mean, I get that he’s only 23-24 years old or whatever… but Caldwell may not even be the big step up I think it is. Mg gut is that Caldwell wins this one.
Yeah, Mikhailov didnt show great defensive wrestling against Barzola so Caldwell will probably outwrestle him to a decision. Im more confident in an O2.5 than choosing a winner, though.

I think Bellator is trying to get rid of Caldwell. He is on a three bout losing streak and incredibly boring. If Nikita wins, they have a young prospect with a decent scalp on his record
This wont be a walk in the park for either of them, though. Caldwell might have shit sub defense but Mikhailov is still very green and isnt known for his submission game.

I def hope you’re right. I know Caldwell has been struggling, but the way the Barzola-Mikhailov fight went really let me with the feeling that Nikita’s ceiling just isn’t super high. I mean, I get that he’s only 23-24 years old or whatever… but Caldwell may not even be the big step up I think it is. Mg gut is that Caldwell wins this one.
Nikita went to train with Gorets and guys like Kerimov since his last bout. Seems like Fedor team is branching out and going to train at different places, we even saw Nemkov train at Tiger Muay Thai and ATT before his Corey Rematch

I think it's a good move and we might see tons of improvements. Good on Fedor for not being petty that guys are going to train at different gyms to get new looks and skills

FcEvBhOXEAQQY_u

Nikita went to train with Gorets and guys like Kerimov since his last bout. Seems like Fedor team is branching out and going to train at different places, we even saw Nemkov train at Tiger Muay Thai and ATT before his Corey Rematch

I think it's a good move and we might see tons of improvements. Good on Fedor for not being petty that guys are going to train at different gyms to get new looks and skills

FcEvBhOXEAQQY_u
I knew about Nemkov doing that, but not Mikhailov. I think it’s great. I wish Fedor would do the same. At the very least I hope and assume that Nemkov can pass on some of the things he picked up at ATT, as his TDD in the Corey Anderson rematch was stellar.

I thought the UFC didnt have an event that weekend.
They didn't announce it for a very long time since it was supposed to be Korean Zombie retirement bout in Korea but then he got injured

They didn't announce it for a very long time since it was supposed to be Korean Zombie retirement bout in Korea but then he got injured
Legit question, do you think the UFC and Bellator cooperate on some small level? Why choose this particular fight to fill it with Asian fighters so it wont interfere with Bellator CBS card? On past big Bellator events the UFC hasnt made an effort to compete with then either. You would think that the UFC could crush them with a big card for free on ESPN but they never do. You could argue they put their shittiest cards those days. Also, Coker and Espinoza hardly ever talk shit about the UFC and Dana. Plus, the UFC allowed Rumble and Corey to bolt to Bellator unoppossed and Bellator didnt use matching rights with Chandler to allow him to sign with the UFC.

I know Im putting my conspiracy tin foil hat but in a lot of ways it would make sense for the UFC to have some sort of controlled opposition.

Back