News Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2 (on CBS) February 4th.

I remember that 2016-2019 phase where Bellator would sign green, unproven dudes like Mike Kimbel and have them smash a can so they can play that highlight over and over. Claxton was in that club too, I think. They were basically trying to recreate MVP in every division. This creates hype because they want to create a question of: “could this guy do that against a Mousasi, Pitbull, or a Bader?”.

These rookies would feel unbeatable and, in most cases, overconfident in their abilities due to the media attention and hype stemming from these highlights. These guys tended to be awfully young too, so they’re naturally big-headed. This doesn’t work in the major leagues because they have to run into dudes that are solely going for title contention at one of the highest levels of MMA. A lot of it was Paramount/Spike TVs fault.
I remember the Bolaños elbow KO and that Claxton flying knee KO being replayed over and over. Lately the Christian Edwards head kick KO, too. They were trying to hype them up as the next big thing because they KO'd some random cab driver. It took them a while to realize that the formula wouldnt work. MVP and Pico are probably the only successful experiments.

I remember the Bolaños elbow KO and that Claxton flying knee KO being replayed over and over. Lately the Christian Edwards head kick KO, too. They were trying to hype them up as the next big thing because they KO'd some random cab driver. It took them a while to realize that the formula wouldnt work. MVP and Pico are probably the only successful experiments.
The hype worked to some extent. Some weirdos on this forum would ask “how would Tywan Claxton do in the UFC?” as if his biggest win wasn’t some dude from BAMMA or something.

MVP was definitely a special talent and an outlier. I’d say McKee was the biggest Coker-made success so far.

They were forgotten about as soon as they lost or put on a shitty performance.

The hype worked to some extent. Some weirdos on this forum would ask “how would Tywan Claxton do in the UFC?” as if his biggest win wasn’t some dude from BAMMA or something.

MVP was definitely a special talent and an outlier. I’d say McKee was the biggest Coker-made success so far.

They were forgotten about as soon as they lost or put on a shitty performance.
They were interesting experiments, tbf. But I feel like they put a lot of their hopes into these guys turnig into something real. Fortunately, they seemed to have abandoned that strategy and now focus on legit blue chip prospects making the transition into MMA. You still see your Pat Downeys or Nainoa Dung every now and then, but most mostly they are signing more proven legitimate talent and only selected guys straight from the amateurs.

Henry Corrales vs Akhmed Magomedov added on prelims
Why cant they let Corrales face other striker? Get Kamaka or Gonzales in there not someone who will smother Corrales to a decision.

Though I'm not sure having a 46 year old and a 45 year old fight for the two heaviest divisions titles on the same night will do much to dispel the casual view of Bellator as a retirement home but <WhatItIs>
It’s also a home to have a fail ass career right off the bat… such as Aaron pico being 1-4 against fighters that have wiki pages

Ali Isaev vs. Steve Mowry

If Mowry wins, I will be majorly impressed

Seems legit since Mowry posted three days ago that he is 5 weeks out

Last edited:

Ali Isaev vs. Steve Mowry

If Mowry wins, I will be majorly impressed

Seems legit since Mowry posted three days ago that he is 5 weeks out

Isaev will murk him. I will never take Mowry seriously again after that shit against Moldavsky, he was about the get KTFO

It’s also a home to have a fail ass career right off the bat… such as Aaron pico being 1-4 against fighters that have wiki pages
Hard to get a wikipedia article as a Bellator fighter when the primary way to get a wikipedia page as an MMA fighter is to have 3 fights in the UFC

That 3 bout thing is no longer a thing. I have made pages for a couple of Bellator, ONE, Rizin guys in recent months

Tokov most recently
What are the current criteria?

Don't know if this was mentioned or not. If the NFL decides the Bills/Bengals game needs to happen, it means they'll push everything back a week and there will no longer be a bye week before the Super Bowl.

If that's the case, this card stands no chance. It would be going up against the NFC championship game airing on FOX.

EDIT: Disregard what I said. This card is on a Saturday. The games will be on Sunday. Had a brain fart and was thinking about how they do the AFC/NFC semi final games.

Last edited:
Don't know if this was mentioned or not. If the NFL decides the Bills/Bengals game needs to happen, it means they'll push everything back a week and there will no longer be a bye week before the Super Bowl.

If that's the case, this card stands no chance. It would be going up against the NFC championship game airing on FOX.
Lol Bellator has the worst fucking luck

Lol Bellator has the worst fucking luck

Disregard what I said. This card is on a Saturday. The games will be on Sunday. Had a brain fart and was thinking about how they do the AFC/NFC semi final games.

Back