• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Seems like half the posters here don’t know Jon is a wrestler. He’s gonna fuck Gane up badly and finish him in the second round at most.

Seems like half the posters here don’t know Jon is a wrestler. He’s gonna fuck Gane up badly and finish him in the second round at most.

Was a wrestler. Couldn't do shit against Reyes and Santos. And now he's even older and slower than ever

Gane is going to tool him

Finally a fighter that will hopefully test Jones thin lower legs

People have been predicting Jones would lose for like 12 years. This will be no different.

Gane looked lost against ngannou on the ground, who looked lost as well.

However, if this stays a kick boxing point fight since that’s how both guys like to strike, I see no way Jones wins. Gane is better standing everywhere. It’s not like Jones is particularly powerful or explosive to land a random ko shot like tai almost did either. I think it comes down to if it stays standing or if Jones can get him down.

EHh i'm not too sure..

I honestly think it might be a Dan Henderson type situation where Jones just hasn't put the reps in at wrestling for so long that it just ain't there anymore. He was trying like hell to get those takedowns on Reyes but couldn't get them.
Good point

Gane looked lost against ngannou on the ground, who looked lost as well.

However, if this stays a kick boxing point fight since that’s how both guys like to strike, I see no way Jones wins. Gane is better standing everywhere. It’s not like Jones is particularly powerful or explosive to land a random ko shot like tai almost did either. I think it comes down to if it stays standing or if Jones can get him down.
The X factor is Jones insanely high fight IQ. It might be the highest in the history of the sport certainly rivaling that of GSP. He has tremendous experience. And tremendous big fight experience. That’s going to be a factor.

A might which is almost a will. Gane's TDD and overall wrestling absolutely sucks as we saw against «ground amateur» Ngannou, so if Jones fights smart, as he usually does, he'll likely get some takedowns fairly easily and then try to GnP or even submit Gane. Then, even if Gane survives, he will probably be too tired to do anything later on.

Nonetheless, if Gane pressures him and chops his chicken legs with some kicks, he has a shot.

PS: I also think Gane is pretty good, but he lost the "special" aura after what Ngannou did to him.

Ground amateur who trains ground for 10 years and is the phisically strongest guy probably in all of mma.

The fight to see who is the second best HW on the planet, only for jones to clearly lose in the scorecards but get the win anyway then not fight for another two years?

Eh… sure, why the fuck not, it’s going to be a fun night, should organize a bbq around it.

If Jon is training with Henry, probably means he will do a wrestling heavy gameplan. Would be stupid not too with how Ngannou beat Gane on the ground. Also forces Gane to not kick as much, which is 50% of Gane's normal gameplan.

Gane is going to piece him up on the feet

Back