• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Decisively? I'd argue about that, if he didn't go for that heel hook in round 5 and give up position, he might've gotten the nod.
1-UFC%20270%20Ngannou%20vs.%20Gane%20-%20Scorecards%20-%20Ngannou%20vs.%20Gane.jpg
Looks pretty clear.

The guy who lost decisively to the champ vs a guy who has never fought at the weight class. It's a Bizarro fight.

Still interested in Jones at HW, but if his wrestling ends up being effective at HW like it was LHW this should be Jones' fight to lose. Hoping life is weird for Jones at HW.
Come on brother Bob, if he didn't go for the heel hook he would have won that fight.

I still dont get that narrative about Jones fading wrestling.
Only guy he had trouble taking down is Reyes.
He took Gus down and finished him.
He took Smith down quite easily and had his way with him on the ground.
He did not try to take Santos down because he was a one legged fighter.

its jones on sherdog. a lot on this This forum has been saying pretty much every hw beats jones. Guys like Lewis. Tai Blaydez volkov fucking Tom aspinall. Apparently all beat jones.

when jones beats Gane they’ll complain it was a tailor made matchup and Gane isn’t very good. But all those other guys would still beat jones.

Yep I agree. I've said all along that Jones will steamroll HW, I'm just hoping that we get to see if I'm right

Wait what?... Beneil vs Charles?

Wtf are they doing. Beneil should be getting an immediate title shot after Volk!

Seriously, these match makers are shit. So either Charles loses again or Beneil loses and there goes the most interesting title match up at 155.
While I am all for Beneil getting the next shot, the man doesn't deserve to be shelved for such a long time. It's going to be at least another 3 months after Islam vs Volk for him to be able to fight for the title. As unfortunate as it is, it's best for him to remain active than to gather ring rust for a whole year just for a title shot. He cannot sit out his whole prime just because he's getting screwed by match making, plus Oliveira is an interesting match up.

Look moron .. he says HW for 9+ years and all the sudden someone is a hater cause they won't believe it till they see it ?

This gonna be the Point Fight of the century
He hinted at it a few times over the last 9 years. It was never a serious push and a lot has happened since then. Not sure why you losers frame it so bad like he's been promising to jump to hw every year for 9 years straight. He said he was aiming for certain time periods in the past and they didn't work out. Anyone with a brain could tell this time seemed at least a little more serious. Now it's even confirmed by Dana and you're still bringing up an almost decade old interview as a reason to doubt this fight is going down.

To those saying Jones was scared to fight Francis I say Cyril is just as dangerous if not more. The fact Francis beat him doesn't mean much. Francis had the element of surprise plus he worked his wrestling really hard at Extreme Couture. He is strong as fuck and improved his grappling a lot. It was a close fight too. Gane nearly heelhooked his ass.

Gane has great footwork, striking and yes TDD. Jones offensive wrestling hasn't been too impressive lately. It's a dangerous fight no matter how you spin it and Cyril is one of the best heavyweights

Who knows how Jones looks like after these years, but Gane is not such a bad matchup for him, is He?

He lacks the brutal KO power of Ngannou, and has weak wrestling. I think Jones may win this. Training with Cejudo too

Non of them will fight
Ngannou and Jones want more money and Dana doesn't

Jones won't risk his carreer against ngannou for 1M.. (what Adesanya earns?), and ngannou neither

Knew the entire time he will fight. Never believed he was retired.

Solid fight, looking forward to it.

The guy who lost decisively to the champ vs a guy who has never fought at the weight class. It's a Bizarro fight.

Still interested in Jones at HW, but if his wrestling ends up being effective at HW like it was LHW this should be Jones' fight to lose. Hoping life is weird for Jones at HW.

That was a competitive fight.

Maybe you're thinking of a different one.

Gane outstruck him and Ngannou stole a split decision with takedowns.

While I am all for Beneil getting the next shot, the man doesn't deserve to be shelved for such a long time. It's going to be at least another 3 months after Islam vs Volk for him to be able to fight for the title. As unfortunate as it is, it's best for him to remain active than to gather ring rust for a whole year just for a title shot. He cannot sit out his whole prime just because he's getting screwed by match making, plus Oliveira is an interesting match up.

Six month after Alex at least.

Hats off for what? Accepting a title fight ? He is a fighter, no?

Gane is just much better at every aspect of MMA except wrestling.

And I don't think Jones would be able to put Gane down when looking at his last few performances....

He couldn't take down Reyes and Santos when they both were shorter and smaller than him.

Gane is bigger and stronger than Jones. No way Jones puts him on the ground.

In terms of striking Gane is several steps ahead of Jones. I don't even have to prove it.

Jones can't win. I'll be surprised if Jones doesn't run away from this fight.

Back