Did Francis Ngannou Make a Huge Mistake Not Resigning with the UFC?

Did Francis Ngannou make a mistake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the thing … IF the Fury fight happens.

Looks like the UFC deal was a guaranteed 3-4m plus PPV, so likely 5m+ per fight … IF the Fury fight happens, unlikely in my opinion, I doubt he’ll make more than 10m and then that’s about it, so in the end like two UFC fights, not some 50m fantasy purse that he seems to believe in.

Yeah, the question is, is Ngannou really that stupid to leave the UFC without having some guarantee that that fight is still on the table?

You'd at least expect his management to make sure that they and Fury's camp are clear on that. But I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's just going in blind, basically. Lol

Dennis Schroeder turned down an $80 million dollar extension in the NBA and only ended up getting $4.5 million the following year. It happens.

I don't follow other sports as closely as I used to. Those situations were more exception than rule with the MLB, NFL, and NBA I grew up with though. This is the way he gets paid the most imo.

Seems that way to me too. But maybe Francis knows something we don't. Maybe he's talking with Fury more than we know, maybe he's talking with Jake Paul about a co-main spot. Imagine Paul vs Diaz and Ngannou vs Daniel Dubois or some random bum. That would do huge numbers. There is definitely big paydays out there. Whether he can get one remains to be seen but it's not unthinkable. Time will tell...

I hope wahhncis gets zero offers from anybody… just to send a message that whiny behavior will not be rewarded. If he goes and makes 10s of millions+ boxing that would set a bad precedent that being a QQing whiny complainer pays off.. that’s the last thing we need. I hope not even regional bingo hall dubya dubya wrasslin will go near him with a 9001 foot pole

Last edited:
You're only thinking about money. It's not all about money for Francis. He's said time and time again, consistently over the past several years, that his dream from the time he was a child was to be a professional boxer. He sort of fell into MMA, and it's obviously worked out incredibly well for him... but he's still said consistently throughout his MMA career that eventually he would box. Because boxing has always been his passion. At the end of the day, the UFC was never going to allow him to box while under contract with them, so it simply wasn't going to work. Anyone who has listened to Francis interviews over the past few years really shouldn't be surprised about this...

Seriously.

Sometimes you just don’t wanna line the pockets of people you don’t like or you’re chasing something else, it’s not always money.

Yeah, fighters don't often make the best businessmen.

But who knows what he can get against Fury, if that fight is still on the table. Would be cool if he can make actual bank, if only likely once.

Also, I doubt one beating from Fury is going to ruin his health. He is a big strong dude with not that much mileage. He can take a beating without too serious a consequences, IMO.
I don't see why Fury would take that fight now after so long the hype has died and people don't care about Ngannou anymore.. He would need to knock someone else out first at least to make it marketable

I hope wahhncis gets zero offers from anybody… just to send a message that whiny bitch ass behavior will not be rewarded. If he goes and makes 10s of millions+ boxing that would set a bad precedent that being a QQing whiny bitch ass pays off.. that’s the last thing we need. I hope not even regional bingo hall dubya dubya wrasslin will go near him with a 9001 foot pole
You get something out fighter bashing?

The thing is Ngannou didnt left, he was basically fired. I would put my hand in fire he was thinking that there is no way UFC would fire him.

Now If only more fighters had the balls of Francis and left when they got offered a contract they didn't like

I know it was his childhood dream to box, but not only box but fight for the HW belt in boxing. Well I hope it comes true, but it's bittersweet for me. I would have loved to see him fight Jon Jones. Oh well, what can you do, he's not young. Ngannou probably just wants to make a huge pay day and retire.

It's understandable when you know he's looking for himself and his family.

Take care man, wish you the best.

575e68b8-3bef-47ea-893a-0ffb1e1e1ac5_d87e519b.jpg

We don't know for sure yet, but my guess is yes. No other MMA promotion pays better than UFC if you are a champion.

And I don't think he will get to fight big name boxers too tbh. Fury is known to say some outlandish stuff and play with the media, I think he gave Francis false hope.

I think he may have. While, as UFC HW Champion, he should be paid. I don’t know the figures. But absolutely the biggest higher weight fight of all time.... he should make a huge amount. Killers coming after too. No easy fights. Aging. Just got his knee back. If it’s that then he’s standing by himself, his worth, his integrity. I can’t fault him. If it is over being allowed to box? I think it is a flawed move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back