How do you see Jon Jones winning

mjfan23

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Will it be his usually dominant style of kicking knees, poking eyes, crippling elbows and elite wrestling?

or will he try to bum rush Gane intoxicated on his new found strength* and size?

* no PED jokes please we all already know Jones is allowed to dope with a pulsing exemption.

I see him winning...by simply winning...

By drugging the judges like he did in the Reyes fight so they can rule it in his favor.

Its been so long since we have seen jones, and some of his last fights could of gone either way.

Jones is like Aldo, when the new testing started, he wasnt nearly as dominate.

I expect him to stay ranged and winning with points like 8 of his last 9 fights... He isnt nearly what he used to be. DC broke this man

If he wins, I think it will have to be with wrestling. Jones' entire striking style is based on him being the longer guy, and that goes out the window against Gane. He will have to trap Gane, which will be difficult for him I think.

If he does get the TDs, he probably has his way once it's on the ground. Especially if he decides to really attack with GnP. He might even be able to snag a sub from the top.

I think the odds are stacked against him though. Ganes movement, length, and gas tank are going to make it hard for Jones to track him down and get the clinch. I think Gane makes Jones miserable on the feet for a convincing UD.

I understand people who favor Jones who never lost before (well thanks to the referee on his last bouts)

but you guys are underestimating Gane a bit, dont forget that he is that good with only two weeks of mma

also remember that Jones is not that dominant in his last octagon performances

Gane is a freak who train in mma since two weeks only, with one more week of training he gonna make Jones look like he doesnt belong there

This fight is the fall of Jones and the rise of Gane

All greats have fallen at some point, gsp, silva, stipe, cain, usman etc

Only Khabib didnt fall because he quit at 30, an age when most of fighter begin mma or are at their prime

Be ready folks

If tuivasa can find his chin. And Francis can take him down.....

I'm not convinced... but I'd far prefer Gane to win. So hopefully you are correct.

You mean years not weeks right......

Wouldn't surprise me if he trips Gane from the clinch, and exhausts him via wrestling, and finishes him GnP or choke.

People forget Jones has multiple submissions on his record, and all of them were very crafty.
Exactly this...he will use his reach for a while with those bullshit kicks at Gane's knees, then clinch up against the fence, take him to the ground and choke him out.

I'm just glad despite there being multiple threads regarding Francis and the Jones/Gane fight, everyone thinks their random thoughts deserve their own thread rather than a post in another one.

Gane has a better jab than Jon

It's gonna be interesting.
7'1 vs 6'9 reach in favor of Jon

<JonesLaugh>
Jon must be motivated af after the break up
Love how he took the time to bulk to HW
Props for going up as well
Jony bless

Back