• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jones the only one calling himself GOAT

Asahi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?

GOAT knows GOAT
RYodjzt8Rd.png

PEDs and outside antics aside. If we're strictly talking about in cage fighting ability, IQ etc.. He is right.

Him having a different frame doesn't make him "bigger" than his opponents. He's just built differently and knows how to utilize his length better than most.

At the end of the day, they all weigh in the same at the scales. He ever missed weight or struggled to make weight thanks to his chicken legs.

PEDs and outside antics aside. If we're strictly talking about in cage fighting ability, IQ etc.. He is right.

Him having a different frame doesn't make him "bigger" than his opponents. He's just built differently and knows how to utilize his length better than most.

Never missed weight or struggled to make weight thanks to his chicken legs.
All this "aside" this "aside" that is not as complimentary to Jones career as you might think.

All this "aside" this "aside" that is not as complimentary to Jones career as you might think.
Ok and what is your point with this thread exactly?

I'm neither a fan or a hater of Jon Jones so I don't give a shit how complimentary it looks. Just sharing my thoughts on the topic.

We get it though, you don't like Jon Jones. It's fine, you're not the only one.

On paper, looking just at his resume: Jones is the CLEAR GOAT

But it comes down to how heavily you weigh PED infractions. If you don't weigh them at all, he's #1. If you factor them in - he could be #5 or beyond on some people's lists.
How does the paper look if we flip the script. Gus and others roided and Jones was always clean. I mean, even on roids he's been gifted decisions by the UFC.

Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?
the fighting smaller opponents part does not bother me ....it's the PED usage and the UFC acting like it didn't happen and no big deal.

Ok and what is your point with this thread exactly?

I'm neither a fan or a hater of Jon Jones so I don't give a shit how complimentary it looks. Just sharing my thoughts on the topic.

We get it though, you don't like Jon Jones. It's fine, you're not the only one.
Read the OP if you want to know.

Read the OP if you want to know.
"Is there something to this self proclaimed Goatness"

Anyone with half a brain who has been following MMA knows what Jon Jones has accomplished and that's why there are still many people who view him as the Goat despite all the drug stuff. It's not just self proclaimed.

So like I said, pointless shit thread.

Back