Anyone Else Just Feel Old Tonight?

Reign009

Not sure if serious.
Reaction score
When you see all the fighters you grew up with get old, beat up, and retire, you take a moment and realize that you're not young anymore either.

And no, it's not just about fighting, but when you realize that there's a new generation of people entering their prime years, you realize that you're no longer in yours.

Getting old sucks, but the worst part is that no one young understands what an advantage they have and also you find yourself looking back a lot and asking, "Where did all the time go?"

I swear it was just yesterday that Shogun and Machida had an epic (but respectful) rivalry and Shogun was the first man to beat Machida and became UFC LHW champion. It was just yesterday that Glover made his long awaited UFC debut and Chuck passed the torch to him.

Shogun and Glover retiring on the same night, a beautiful look back at Jose Aldo's career as they break the news that he'll be in the HoF. Royce Gracie in the crowd. It's all got me asking, "Where did all the time go, Sherbros?"

I don't know who will actually read all this, but I'm feeling it tonight. Please mods, don't move this for whatever reason. I need to hear from my Sherbros tonight.

Some of them were so good that they had long careers in a young man's sport. Rock'n roll used to be a young person's profession but damn, some of the old guys still got it so I don't feel so bad.

No, because I'm...

Last edited:
When you see all the fighters you grew up with get old, beat up, and retire, you take a moment and realize that you're not young anymore either.

And no, it's not just about fighting, but when you realize that there's a new generation of people entering their prime years, you realize that you're no longer in yours.

Getting old sucks, but the worst part is that no one young understands what an advantage they have and also you find yourself looking back a lot and asking, "Where did all the time go?"

I swear it was just yesterday that Shogun and Machida had an epic (but respectful) rivalry and Shogun was the first man to beat Machida and became UFC LHW champion. It was just yesterday that Glover made his long awaited UFC debut and Chuck passed the torch to him.

Shogun and Glover retiring on the same night, a beautiful look back at Jose Aldo's career as they break the news that he'll be in the HoF. Royce Gracie in the crowd. It's all got me asking, "Where did all the time go, Sherbros?"

I don't know who will actually read all this, but I'm feeling it tonight. Please mods, don't move this for whatever reason. I need to hear from my Sherbros tonight.

Meh.

Quit complaining. Go train.

Yup. I’m old as dinosaur piss.

How old are you like 25?

All I can say is it makes me root harder for alot of these guys. Glover had a chance to win tonight for sure. Shogun I lost faith in a long time ago. He hasnt had it in a long time. Id love to have seen him won but did not think at all that he would. Fedor I have some faith in too. I will be very emotionally invested in that one. Glover made me proud tonight. That old man still got the stuff,but its better that he retire. The disgusting crowd can eat dick. They should have been there for him.

Back