Anyone Else Just Feel Old Tonight?

Wait a sec, are you trying to make me cry again :(

350-3502091_-name-meme-hug.png

I've been following the NFL for 40 years so at this point I've seen Hall Of Fame players retire, other Hall Of Famers begin their careers and retire, and a third generation of them do the same thing. I still get a bit amused at how shocked some people here are that a 40something MMA fighter's not as good as he used to be.

It doesn't make me feel nearly as old as social media, smartphones, and wokeness.

Yeah. I hit the big 40 this year. I remember watching old UFCs on tape. Rented them because they were next to the “faces of death” videos.

Now my car pretty much can drive itself, and i watch live UFC on my laptop.

I even watch dan severn and don frye on their podcast and they look like grandpas. The prime savages like shogun, gomi, BJ etc are all getting their butts kicked by younger generation of fighters. The pride fighters are all gone and retired now. Part of the cycle of life is passing it on. Appreciate every moment.

I swear it was just yesterday that Shogun and Machida had an epic (but respectful) rivalry and Shogun was the first man to beat Machida and became UFC LHW champion. It was just yesterday that Glover made his long awaited UFC debut and Chuck passed the torch to him.

It was just yesterday that Babalu made Shogun tap at an IFC event before he even came to PRIDE. It was just yesterday that Ed "Short Fuse" Herman beat Glover at Sport Fight 9.

Sobral_Renato_guillotine_choke_of_Mauricio_Shogun_Rua_IFC__Global_Domination_2003.gif

fwPyljPw7IPNhNqshdz1keY1bJQUMqgSwnVnfcs5hCA.jpg

It was just yesterday that Babalu made Shogun tap at an IFC event before he even came to PRIDE. It was just yesterday that Ed "Short Fuse" Herman beat Glover at Sport Fight 9.

Sobral_Renato_guillotine_choke_of_Mauricio_Shogun_Rua_IFC__Global_Domination_2003.gif

Yeah, sometimes fighters lose. Even ones that will become champions and legends.

Thanks for the observation, lol.

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah, sometimes fighters lose. Even ones that will become champions and legends.

Thanks for the observation, lol.
Dont feed the trolls.

War Glover. War Shogun.

Walking away in decent shape as a legend could be the sunshine you need.

We cant fight forever, especially in mma. Both will be remembered, all you can ask

Reactions: HHJ

Do you think shoguns grappling defense has improved since then?

Ed Herman was a legend, he was doing things modern guys still do today, mma wasnt like that in past. While his brother pee wee was publically shamed for doing something alot of people also do today, Ed was a pioneer

I felt a sharper decline after my 40th. Back pain increasing, getting tired more easily. Was a bit bothersome at first, but you adapt. Seeing old heros retire is kind of a bittersweet feeling - sad to see them go, but happy for them at the same time. When I was a kid I thought half of those guys would die in the ring.

Back