Current UFC champions have the lowest star power in the last decade

Compare that to the champions in 2011
orpi7mslfag41.jpg

gyi0064517135.jpg

Leon has actually blown up in the UK.

Alex is Brazilian and has a ton of kickboxing crossover fans.

Islam has all of Khabib supporters/Dagestan supporters.

Volkanovski is big in Australia, a fucking famous tennis player was wearing his tee.

Moreno is always bringing in the Mexican market.

I think their champions are actually pretty damn good for star power.

Can't really disagree although I think it's cyclical and things will turn around.

Volkanovski is big in Australia, a fucking famous tennis player was wearing his tee.

Adding to my post, you're also forgetting Weili Zhang that has been a huge success for bringing in new fans across Asia especially China.

But aside from Volk, all of the champions you've listed either haven't defended the belt yet or have only had one title defense.

casuals don’t know or get excited about them at all

the big problem is the cards are horrible lately …. The next 3 ufc cards are horrendous on paper … I’m a diehard who bets every fight if every card - and I have a hard time getting excited for any upcoming card

Yea the company hasn't done a great job at making stars. Who would have thought putting on 40 plus stinker cards a year would result in no one becoming a star. The 10 to 15 good shows a year get overlooked because of all the stinkers. To build stars they need to cut down on events and make every event feel special. These cards where it's just a bunch of guys that no one has ever heard of fighting doesn't do anything for anyone

I mean there's been a shit ton of new champs

But yeah hard to see any future superstars in this list.

Back