Going to ITALY (ppl who been to Italy GTFIH)

When are you going? I’d try and see a Roma game while your there.

Rome is amazing, Venice over-rated, filthy, smells bad and stupidly crowded and expensive.
I have heard that,but i have to see it for myself.

Enjoy, my dude:
venice-crowds.jpg

venice-italy-crowded-street-700x500.png

venezia-crowds-high-season.jpg

Any places worth going outside of Rome that I can easily get back to Rome from?

I dont wanna move out of rome TOO much if im only spending a week,but just seein whats out there.

Expect everything to be more expensive than what you agreed on and keep a fly swatter on you at all to keep the street hustlers off you..

Otherwise rome is amazing!

Reactions: HHJ
Any places worth going outside of Rome that I can easily get back to Rome from?

I dont wanna move out of rome TOO much if im only spending a week,but just seein whats out there.

My favorite parts aside from Rome were Florence and Assisi... also the leaning tower in Pizza was pretty cool. Not sure what I would see that is close to Rome though.

I am looking forward to going back as part of a wine tour of Italy, France and Spain that we're planning. Would love to see more.

My favorite parts aside from Rome were Florence and Assisi... also the leaning tower in Pizza was pretty cool. Not sure what I would see that is close to Rome though.

I am looking forward to going back as part of a wine tour of Italy, France and Spain that we're planning. Would love to see more.
Gotta get to Spain soon as well. Def in '24

Honestly I would say the reverse myself, I think Venice is more worthwhile than Rome. The latter is basically a busy modern city with some tourist sites within it which are generally crowded were as with Venice the whole city is interesting so yeah places like St Marks, Rialto Bridge, etc are crowded but you can just shift a few streets away from them and the crowds are much less plus islands like Murano and Burano.

Places like Florence or Siena personally I preffer to Rome as again large parts of them are medieval and less crowded so you can just wander around.

April im thinkin

Roma are playing Sampdoria and AC Milan in April. They have two other home games also. Lazio (share a stadium with Roma) are playing Juventus at home also, that would be a cool one if you can get seats with the Juventus fans

edit - on second thoughts as fun as it would be I wouldn’t recommend going as a away fan for safety reasons

Back