Prime Fedor was what Cain wished to be

Werdum not only submitted Big Nog with an armbar but he submitted Fedor as well. But those don't count because "Prime"?

Werdum was still relatively green to MMA at the time and had his bell rung pretty early in the fight if I recall correctly.

It's been a while but I recall Nog avoiding prolonged ground battles and getting swept pretty easily towards the end.
Lol.

Mark Hunt almost submitted prime Fedor.

Hunt who admitted he didn't start training bjj until he signed with the UFC.

He was also almost KTFO by a Japanese pro wrestler.

Fedor was amazing but let's stop being zealots who say he was untouchable and unbeatable.

To be fair Fujita was a decent fighter and the Hunt fight was probably our first indication Fedor was past his peak.

Powerful, explosive and unstoppable. I don't think anyone can beat prime fedor. He was so well rounded that no matter where the fight went he was dominating. The best striking and ground game in HW history. Even his wrestling was insane in his prime. He ragdolled a prime cro cop which blocked 7 out of 7 takedowns from MARK COLEMAN. Also prime Big Nog domianted Werdum on the ground, while fedor completely destroyed Nog on the ground.

I agree

Cain is kind of overrated. Cain also has a weak chin, he was rocked and nearly KOd by Werdum who is a good striker but is has good kicks not great hands. Cain also was almost KOd by Kongo and of course. Ngannou or Stipe are better versions of what Cain wanted to be. Good strikers with good wrestling and great takedown defense. And Stipe has cardio for 5 rounds where as Ngannou has it for 3.

Big Nog didn't dominate Werdum on the ground when they fought in Pride. He was afraid of Werdum's ground game as evidenced by the fact that he kept disengaging and returning the fight to the feet.

1nw1.gif

1nw2.gif

1nw3.gif

1nw4.gif

1nw5.gif

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Werdum (age 32) completely destroyed Fedor (age 33) on the ground in 69 seconds.

fedor3_medium.gif

werdum-fedor.gif

mma_ufcupsets_09.jpg

And since you brought up Cain in the title of your post, let's look what happened when Big Nog (age 33) faced Cain in a title eliminator.

WeightyBogusAiredaleterrier-size_restricted.gif

Please find the Werdum submitting Nog gif.

Yeah Nog fans did not watch the fight. Nog was scared and got his ass beat once he fought well rounded fighters. Nog is one of the most 1 dimesional fighters ever.
Fedor was only 35 when 40 yo MW Dan Henderson beat the shit out of him. Cain would have beaten him much worse than Henderson.

Maybe but Fedor was more well rounded than Cain
Lol.

Fedor was amazing but let's stop being zealots who say he was untouchable and unbeatable.

This is a fact but people ignore this
Powerful, explosive and unstoppable. I don't think anyone can beat prime fedor. He was so well rounded that no matter where the fight went he was dominating. The best striking and ground game in HW history. Even his wrestling was insane in his prime. He ragdolled a prime cro cop which blocked 7 out of 7 takedowns from MARK COLEMAN. Also prime Big Nog domianted Werdum on the ground, while fedor completely destroyed Nog on the ground.

Werdum was not prime then and got robbbed
Nog fans are the most delusional heavyweight fan base

Lol.

Also Fedor would of lost to Arona or Maldanado under unified rules. Just saying. I like Fedor he is top 5 p4p for me and would of wrecked Brock and Couture but his super fan base is just delusional in my opinion.

Lol.

So a guy who's never trained BJJ knows how to do kimura's and sweeps?

Prime Cain, ubereem, and Francis are three heavyweights that would have beaten Fedor. Maybe prime DC and stipe too

Werdum not only submitted Big Nog with an armbar but he submitted Fedor as well. But those don't count because "Prime"?

They count but not did beat werdum before . And let's not act like that's the same twenty years old Fedor that was in pride.

Prime Fedor and Prime Cain were both fighting machines.

But Fedor actually had a full career and demonstrated longevity.

Cain broke down and didn't even have 15 fights.

But no doubt when Cain was peaking and at his best he was one of the most impressive HWs I've ever seen. Smashed prime JDS twice. Smashed prime Bigfoot twice and beat tough HWs like Rothwell, Browne and Kongo.

Prime Fedor is a top 3 GOAT, Cain isn’t even close. Cain was finished 3 times, all at various points in his career but his fans talk about him like he was the second coming of Fedor. His resume is actually pretty weak except for his wins over Prime JDS which were legit, but also tailor made stylistically for him. Anyhow, Cain is maybe a top 5-10 HW, that people try to put higher based on their unfounded projections of what he “could have been” and not objective analysis of what he actually acomplished.

Did you, with a straight face, used the zombie version of Nog as an example?
Well Werdum wasn't yet in his "Prime" when Nog beat him so it doesn't count. See this is Sherdog where you choose what facts if any you use to make your point.

Well Werdum wasn't yet in his "Prime" when Nog beat him so it doesn't count. See this is Sherdog where you choose what facts if any you use to make your point.

Werdum was 29 years old and in the top 10 HWs in the most stacked era ever when Nog beat him the first time.

Back