Prime Fedor was what Cain wished to be

Paironj56

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Powerful, explosive and unstoppable. I don't think anyone can beat prime fedor. He was so well rounded that no matter where the fight went he was dominating. The best striking and ground game in HW history. Even his wrestling was insane in his prime. He ragdolled a prime cro cop which blocked 7 out of 7 takedowns from MARK COLEMAN. Also prime Big Nog domianted Werdum on the ground, while fedor completely destroyed Nog on the ground.

"Prime Fedor was what Cain wished to be"

Well Fedor is the GOAT so it makes sense.

Cain has his own great legacy though, no reason to bring him down to boost Fedor up!

Fedor had numerous injuries, but his knees were mostly ok so Prime Cain wished he had Prime Fedor's knees.

Lol.

Mark Hunt almost submitted prime Fedor.

Hunt who admitted he didn't start training bjj until he signed with the UFC.

He was also almost KTFO by a Japanese pro wrestler.

Fedor was amazing but let's stop being zealots who say he was untouchable and unbeatable.

Lol.

Mark Hunt almost submitted prime Fedor.

Hunt who admitted he didn't start training bjj until he signed with the UFC.

He was also almost KTFO by a Japanese pro wrestler.

Fedor was amazing but let's stop being zealots who say he was untouchable and unbeatable.
Cain got hurt like 40 times by Kongo though.

Each guy looked vulnerable against opposition they should've easily ran over with the only difference being that Fedor had more instances of that due to having fought several times more than Cain ever did.

Each guy looked vulnerable against opposition they should've easily ran over with the only difference being that Fedor had more instances of that due to having fought several times more than Cain ever did.
Yeah. My point is irrelevant of Cain though. I'm not talking about who is better than who.

I'm talking about the Sherdog narrative that prime Fedor was unbeatable and walks through every heavyweight in history, when in actual fact he struggled against some of the more basic heavyweights of his era like Hunt and Fujita. Not to mention some LHWs and MWs like Arona and Lindland.

I don't know why Fedor zealots refuse to even accept the fact that Fedor was beatable. In my opinion it makes his streak and the fact he didn't lose for so long even more impressive. Though being active and fighting cans in amongst the fights with top competition also helps with that.

I don't necessarily agree with the way TS puts it but yeah, Fedor had something like 14 top 10 wins Cain had 17 fights total. Fedor's accomplishments at HW dwarf everyone's.

Yeah. My point is irrelevant of Cain though. I'm not talking about who is better than who.

I'm talking about the Sherdog narrative that prime Fedor was unbeatable and walks through every heavyweight in history, when in actual fact he struggled against some of the more basic heavyweights of his era like Hunt and Fujita. Not to mention some LHWs and MWs like Arona and Lindland.

I don't know why Fedor zealots refuse to even accept the fact that Fedor was beatable. In my opinion it makes his streak and the fact he didn't lose for so long even more impressive. Though being active and fighting cans in amongst the fights with top competition also helps with that.

He was beatable but during his prime but he had like 2 moments where you thought he might get finished, Fujita bomb and the Randleplex other than that he pretty much never lost a round other than to Arona at HW. Arona also never fought below 205 so not sure why you word it like that as if he and Lindland fought in the same division, he was a pride MW(205) Lindland was a 185(MW) normally. Lindland didn't look like he was going to win against Fedor from what I remember of that fight either. RINGS had a different ruleset that favored sub attempts a lot more over control which is why he won the Arona fight.

Also prime Big Nog dominated Werdum on the ground
Big Nog didn't dominate Werdum on the ground when they fought in Pride. He was afraid of Werdum's ground game as evidenced by the fact that he kept disengaging and returning the fight to the feet.

1nw1.gif

1nw2.gif

1nw3.gif

1nw4.gif

1nw5.gif

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

while fedor completely destroyed Nog on the ground.

Werdum (age 32) completely destroyed Fedor (age 33) on the ground in 69 seconds.

fedor3_medium.gif

werdum-fedor.gif

mma_ufcupsets_09.jpg

And since you brought up Cain in the title of your post, let's look what happened when Big Nog (age 33) faced Cain in a title eliminator.

WeightyBogusAiredaleterrier-size_restricted.gif

Powerful, explosive and unstoppable. I don't think anyone can beat prime fedor. He was so well rounded that no matter where the fight went he was dominating. The best striking and ground game in HW history. Even his wrestling was insane in his prime. He ragdolled a prime cro cop which blocked 7 out of 7 takedowns from MARK COLEMAN. Also prime Big Nog domianted Werdum on the ground, while fedor completely destroyed Nog on the ground.

Pre Cain didn't duck ufc or go on a 3 fight losing streak all by stoppages including 1 punch rd1 ko loss to a mw.

<Moves>

Big Nog didn't dominate Werdum on the ground when they fought in Pride. He was afraid of Werdum's ground game as evidenced by the fact that he kept disengaging and returning the fight to the feet. Werdum (age 32) completely destroyed Fedor (age 33) on the ground in 69 seconds. And since you brought up Cain in the title of your post, let's look what happened when Big Nog (age 33) faced Cain in a title eliminator.
I don't disagree

But you could have ended the thread with a mw KO gif on a hw.

Wall of text unnecessary. <Moves><Moves>

Fedor was only 35 when 40 yo MW Dan Henderson beat the shit out of him. Cain would have beaten him much worse than Henderson.
Correction TRT Hendo. TRT hendo couldn't hack it vs Bisping natty. TRT hendo waa runner up. Bisping on trt would be putting people in a wheelchair but he doesn't pop. Pure class. Bisping bless.

Back