Is Fury the GOAT if he beats Usyk?

(1) The OP doesn't say GOAT HW, it says GOAT. Obviously no HW is going to be GOAT in an all weight discussion.

(2) This forum is really biased against Fury and I can't even imagine the levels of butthurt, excuse-making and minimisation there will be if he wins. Which I think he will.

(3) I'm not going to C&P my post in the other thread but I'll just point out

Fury isn't anywhere near contention for the GOAT. I don't consider this list as an ordered ranking. It just shows how much deeper the accomplishments of actual HW greats are.

View attachment 1044116

Even with a win over Usyk, he still needs to beat AJ to put his stamp down as the best of this era because AJ.

...and that would still be shaky because he spent years farting around and hasn't fought any of the current crop of contenders.

I don't care that Fury talked about being the GOAT to hype himself, but the fact that so many boxing commentators, especially in the UK, went along with it is obscene and bad for the sport.

Joe Louis was 6'2", ~200lbs with a 76" reach. What do you think 6'9", ~260lbs, 85" reach Fury would do to him lol.

(1) The OP doesn't say GOAT HW, it says GOAT. Obviously no HW is going to be GOAT in an all weight discussion.

(2) This forum is really biased against Fury and I can't even imagine the levels of butthurt, excuse-making and minimisation there will be if he wins. Which I think he will.

(3) I'm not going to C&P my post in the other thread but I'll just point out

Joe Louis was 6'2", ~200lbs with a 76" reach. What do you think 6'9", ~260lbs, 85" reach Fury would do to him lol.

You're talking about physical dimensions and hypothetical head-to-head match ups, and I'm talking about Fury's lack of a resume against his contemporaries.

Joe Louis was champ for 12 years and had 26 title defenses, and he lost several years because of WW2.

Fury has had three title defenses since he beat Klitschko nearly a decade ago. His best wins besides Wlad are Wilder (who also has a garbage resume), Wallin, Chisora and Whyte.

That is not an ATG resume, and he has barely fought any top ten HWs in the past ten years.

Last edited:
Besides the one knockdown fury easily cruised to a decision, he looked sloppy and didn’t take any risks and still won pretty easily. I’m pretty sure Francis only won that one round and that’s it. That was a sloppy fury who didn’t take the fight seriously and was focused on his fight against Usyk. Fury was out of shape and hadn’t even started his conditioning for the fight a month after.
Again thats not what happened, no matter how many times you spam it. Doesn't matter the GOAT boxer doesn't behave like that. Being prepared,disciplined, & showing up with your A game under the brightest lights is part of being the GOAT. Especially against a guy who had no pro boxing fights and was levels & levels below AJ. A guy who is now 0-2 in boxing.

Last edited:
You're talking about physical dimensions and head-to-head match ups, and I'm talking about Fury's lack of a resume against his contemporaries.

Joe Louis was champ for 12 years and had 26 title defenses, and he lost several years because of WW2.

Fury has had three title defenses since he beat Klitschko nearly a decade ago. His best wins besides Wlad are Wilder (who also has a garbage resume), Wallin, Chisora and Whyte.

That is not an ATG resume, and he has barely fought any top ten HWs in the past ten years.
Ok. So you agree that Fury would (probably) wreck Louis, but you still think Louis is a better candidate for 'GOAT'?

Ok. So you agree that Fury would (probably) wreck Louis, but you still think Louis is a better candidate for 'GOAT'?

Only with Tyson Fury did the definition of "GOAT" become, "he could've beat this old time fighter in a head-to-head match up" instead of established dominance against one's contemporaries.

...and this argument is being made with a straight face after seeing Fury barely eek out a victory over a novice fighter that he cherrypicked over actual competition coming one fight after he cherrypicked the least credible title challenger since Jesse Ferguson.

As much as I think Fury no longer belongs in GOAT talks. I do agree on paper and in hypotheticals Fury has the ability and physical attributes to be a problem for ANYONE at HW ever. Thinking or betting on him to win some type of head to head match up isn't a controversial take. Its pretty logical.

Fury has proved us all wrong from back in the Cunningham days, the Klitchko fight, rising from the dead twice against one if not the hardest punchers ever, then convincingly beating another all time great power slugger from off of the canvas AGAIN.

Everyone thought he was a gimmick and the perveribial "Great White Hype." Its fair to say he's far past any of those off predictions. But he lacks the resume & consistency to be put above real legends. Also, hypothetical imaginary fights kind of go against everything boxing stands for. There is a reason why they have to fight the fights, & not just go by the odds. Its a sport defined by "upsets" & careers made by being forged in fires. Or the truism of styles make fights...

Again thats not what happened, no matter how many times you spam it. Doesn't matter the GOAT boxer doesn't behave like that. Being prepared,disciplined, & showing up with your A game under the brightest lights is part of being the GOAT. Especially against a guy who had no pro boxing fights and was levels & levels below AJ. A guy who is now 0-2 in boxing.
He’s not disciplined and is fat but is still one of the most skilled heavyweight boxers of all time and is undefeated

He’s not disciplined and is fat but is still one of the most skilled heavyweight boxers of all time and is undefeated
That's what separates him from the real GOATS.
So you admit he doesn't have it. What about skills? Like name a skill. Because most people here will be able to name a household HW name that did it better. Oh & remember size isn't a skill its an attribute.

That's what separates him from the real GOATS.
So you admit he doesn't have it. What about skills? Like name a skill. Because most people here will be able to name a household HW name that did it better. Oh & remember size isn't a skill its an attribute.
Name a heavyweight that has even close to as good of head movement since Ali. For a fat slob he’s very fast and skilled

did you just say tyson fury has the best head movement at HW since ali? lol

You misunderstood him. What he meant was that Fury is exceptionally good at letting his opponents move his head...

... The Ngannou knockdown not included in this video, and another knockdown most likely coming up later today.

You misunderstood him. What he meant was that Fury is exceptionally good at letting his opponents move his head...

... The Ngannou knockdown not included in this video, and another knockdown most likely coming up later today.

Usyk likes to get these big heavyweights' respect right off the bat so I could see him cracking Fury early and putting him down while Fury is still cold. Straight left down the pipe or over the top.

rising from the dead twice against one if not the hardest punchers ever, then convincingly beating another all time great power slugger from off of the canvas AGAIN.

the first one is Wilder but I don't recognise the second fighter, who's the 2nd ATG power slugger?

Back