I love me some spinach!

T-800
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Hi guys! I really think spinach is so so underappreciated!

I put spinach in smoothies, make spinach salads. I put spinach in everything I can!

Do you also love Spinach? I just love it sooooo much mmmmmmm!

images

While I'm not quite sure I share your enthusiasm I do enjoy it. Raw though. Not a big fan of the slimy cooked stuff.

The real underrated vegetable though?...........

Squash

While I'm not quite sure I share your enthusiasm I do enjoy it. Raw though. Not a big fan of the slimy cooked stuff.

Squash
You can eat 10x the amount of spinach when it's steamed though!

If you eat spinach every day in excessive amounts (more than a bowl) there can be adverse health effects. Most commonly these include gas, bloating and cramps due to its high fiber content.

Eating too much spinach can also interfere with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients. This is because the Oxalic acid present in spinach binds with zinc, magnesium, and calcium, hindering the body’s ability to absorb the nutrients.

Individuals who are on blood thinning medications should be careful not to suddenly increase their consumption of spinach (as well as other leafy greens). This is because spinach is high in vitamin K, which can reverse the effects of anticoagulant drugs if it is suddenly increased in the body. That does not mean these individuals should cut out vitamin K completely, it just means they should be smart and consistent about how much spinach and vitamin K they consume.

Eating too much spinach can also be harmful if you have kidney problems. The oxalic acid in spinach can bind with excess calcium in your kidneys and create kidney stones. If you know you are prone to developing kidney stones, you should eat spinach in moderation.

Spinach is also high in potassium, which can be dangerous for people who already have severe kidney disease. The reduced function of the kidneys causes potassium to build up in the bloodstream, which can then interrupt your normal heart rhythm.

While it’s important to know the risks if you have certain health conditions, for the average person spinach is a healthy dietary addition. When consumed in moderate amounts, the health benefits of eating spinach far outweigh the negative effects for most people.

Squash

Brother, should you ever make stock.

Cut a squash in relatively thin slices, you can even leave the seeds in there, sear it on a pan 'til you can see it's almost burned, pour some stock and coock them for a while and then put it in the oven, with the broth too, untill you see the slices became crunchy.
This is a fucking treat.

I eat it several times a week. In salads, Sandwiches, soups, creamed with steak, sautéed with almonds and lemon. I love the stuff. Any leafy green actually, besides kale.

• Love
Reactions: 666
High in oxalates. You gonna get kidney stones.

Back