Jon Jones brother’s contract is 51 million over 3 years

giphy.gif

Ohtani is projected to get 500+ million contract after this year, probably 50+ million per year.

Just because some other dudes are getting paid a lot more, I don't think it necessarily means Jones isn't getting PAID. I'm thinking he is.

What one should focus on are lesser guys, prelim guys, regional level guys who actually don't make the money they should be making since top level guys do get their money and some.

giphy.gif

Ohtani is projected to get 500+ million contract after this year, probably 50+ million per year.

Just because some other dudes are getting paid a lot more, I don't think it necessarily means Jones isn't getting PAID. I'm thinking he is.

What one should focus on are lesser guys, prelim guys, regional level guys who actually don't make the money they should be making since top level guys do get their money and some.

I should teach my kid soccer or baseball or basketball.

well to be fair, chandler plays 18 games a season, Jones fights once a year. Football imo is scarier than prize fighting. At least in a fight you have control over your destiny, in football you can get hit from blind side and theres no ref to stop it from happening.

well, not sure about that because it's a lot, lot, lot harder to be Ohtani than Jon Jones. I say that as a guy who thinks Jones is the most talented fighter I've seen if he was clean.

The talent pool competition isn't remotely close, whereas if you are young and strong and got a good ground game, you can have some success in MMA it looks like. It ain't like that in other sports. You need super talent to turn pro.

So, I mean, it's a tough one.

To be fair if Chandler gets 25 sacks which is about where he should be in 3 years he'd be top ten all time. Its not like he's just been an average player. He has been a very good DE for a long time. At his age though that does seem like a terrible contract for the team.

To your point though, yes UFC fighters are underpaid.

Baseball is the most difficult, but it’s also the cushiest if you can make it. Little physical exertion or wear and tear compared to other sports. Unless you’re Ohtani or play for the Yankees or Red Sox or maybe 1/2 other teams, you can still live a normal life(nobody knows what Mike Trout looks like, for example). You get paid exorbitant amounts of money.

It’s not even really a sport, too, more of an activity like golf. Would be great if your kids could ever make it to the big leagues(which will never happen, realistically).

IDK man Chandler Jones is pretty damn good. Elite player. Maybe not one of the best of all time (but that could change depending on how he performs in the rest of his career) - that contract seems on par for his caliber of player in the NFL.

giphy.gif

Ohtani is a generational talent and deserves to get stupid money. Take what you pay a top hitting outfielder and a top pitcher and add the contacts together and that's what he deserves because that is what he is.

Last edited:
well to be fair, chandler plays 18 games a season, Jones fights once a year. Football imo is scarier than prize fighting. At least in a fight you have control over your destiny, in football you can get hit from blind side and theres no ref to stop it from happening.
Exactly the amount of media hours you provide for football or other sports per year is much more than UFC. Hours of Jones brother playing each game vs Jones for 1-25 minutes if he fights a year. I bet if you standardized time that it would be similar payouts.

IDK man Chandler Jones is pretty damn good. Elite player. Maybe not one of the best of all time (but that could change depending on how he performs in the rest of his career) - that contract seems on par for his caliber of player in the NFL.
Chandler jones wont happen, Chandler is damn LW while Jones is HW. But good idea, would be fireworks

Ohtani is a generational talent and deserve to get stupid money. Take what you pay a top hitting outfield and a top pitcher and add the contacts together and that's what he deserves because that is what he is.

I remember making a thread in 2018 about Ohtani on Sherdog, good times.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-fate-of-jmma-shohei-ohtani-and-athleticism.3765009/

He def deserves a stupid money, and he deserves to get to play offs.

War Ohtani!

giphy.gif

It's crazy how talented Ohtani is, since even uber-talented Jon Jones pales in comparison. Crazy stuff.

I wouldn’t say you have control over your destiny. Alot of unexpected shit can happen in a fight.

Football is scarier though i agree with that

Back