Social Ever done an ancestry DNA test?

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

I've always wanted to try this but now that I took the time to check it out I learned the site ancestry.com doesn't ship their DNA kits to Europe. It seems to be the best one but I'm wondering if there are any EU alternatives?

They claim to match DNA across many different cultures and people. Is it for real or is it a kind of pseudoscience?

I got it for my parents for a gift one year. It's a great gift for elderly people that are hard to buy for. On a side note I get a kick out of people that disagree with the results because they want to be more Irish or have claimed to be Native American or something like that. :D

I got it for my parents for a gift one year. It's a great gift for elderly people that are hard to buy for. On a side note I get a kick out of people that disagree with the results because they want to be more Irish or have claimed to be Native American or something like that. :D
Funny how you never see Native Americans but every white person swears they are 1/4 Cherokee.

I did it and learned quite a bit tbh. My family last name and crest is German, but I found out that I’m actually mostly Welsh. It was cool. Also, if the government wants my data I don’t give a shit, I’ve got nothing to offer.

I did 23 and me

turns out I’m 100% alpha and not gay like you said I was
I'm looking at this one. It won't let me register fully, keeps freezing when you click that you want to participate to find relatives.

Nah, I don't need to know. Scientifically, I think it's pretty solid.

Nope, I haven't, I don't want to find out that my dad is the mailman.

There's no other explanation. 2 manlets cannot create normal sized people.

Nah, I'm a little paranoid for that. Also don't know enough about it, how they assign XYZ traits to XYZ locations and so forth

Lots of translucent pasty folks about to find out they don't have a Cherokee princess granny like they holler on about. And same for my fellow Latinos, yall about to find out yall got more Moctezuma and no Spanish royalty.

Funny how you never see Native Americans but every white person swears they are 1/4 Cherokee.
come to new Mexico lol
Lots of translucent pasty folks about to find out they don't have a Cherokee princess granny like they holler on about. And same for my fellow Latinos, yall about to find out yall got more Moctezuma and no Spanish royalty.
or native the conquistador myth is still alive in the Southwest
peeps think they are Spanish with no mixing
it's nuts

I have had people on both sides of my family do it

the most surprising was Jewish ancestors because the Spanish govt made the Jewish settlers move to he farthest out points of the new world which were new Mexico and southern Colorado

Fuck no. Who would be stupid enough to hand that data off to these companies to on-sell or hand to the government?

98% easter euro.

1% south east asian boom minority benefits here i come.

1ish neanderthal, F U all simple pussy homo apes. i am true diversity.

Fuck no. Who would be stupid enough to hand that data off to these companies to on-sell or hand to the government?

this is exactly what has happened in the past. They are companies owned by foreign entities. It may be in their terms and conditions that they can't pass it on but they copy the details...and then sell that. There was a bit of a scandal about it a few years ago.

There were also a few media stories circa 2017 about these groups selling data to a Chinese bioweapon agency. You could guess what for. A lot of these stories were scrubbed from the net during covid.

I had already done it by that stage with both 23 and me and ancestry for comparison. They were largely the same, with some slight differences. Ancestry can give you more access to tracing a family tree if you want to do that too.
It can be interesting, but yes that data goes somewhere.
I think in the US they have ones that can also predict your susceptibility for certain diseases and conditions

The church created that to find Jesus’s great grand babies. They owned for yrs until they sold it after they found what they were looking for.

Back