Social Ever done an ancestry DNA test?

My wife got me a kit from ancestry for my birthday a few years ago.

Back story, my dad was born in 1951 and was put up for adoption right away. Adopted by my grandparents, and everyone had a great life.

Grandparents both passed away and they didn't want my dad to find his birth mom, and my dad didn't give a shit either.

So we got this DNA kit done, got the results and it was a very short time later it matched me up with my dad's half sisters that he didn't know of, and his birth mother who was (is) still alive at 92 years of age.

He met her, but doesn't feel a connection, but has connected to his half sisters now.

It was shocking to me how fast all of that happened for us.

Crazy thing, we live in a small rural community in Saskatchewan, my dad grew up here from birth, and his birth mom lived roughly twenty miles away. They would have definitely crossed paths over the years at the grocery store or whatever, and not even knew it. (The actual birth and adoption happened in a city 2 hours away)

My wife got me a kit from ancestry for my birthday a few years ago.

Back story, my dad was born in 1951 and was put up for adoption right away. Adopted by my grandparents, and everyone had a great life.

Grandparents both passed away and they didn't want my dad to find his birth mom, and my dad didn't give a shit either.

So we got this DNA kit done, got the results and it was a very short time later it matched me up with my dad's half sisters that he didn't know of, and his birth mother who was (is) still alive at 92 years of age.

He met her, but doesn't feel a connection, but has connected to his half sisters now.

It was shocking to me how fast all of that happened for us.

Crazy thing, we live in a small rural community in Saskatchewan, my dad grew up here from birth, and his birth mom lived roughly twenty miles away. They would have definitely crossed paths over the years at the grocery store or whatever, and not even knew it. (The actual birth and adoption happened in a city 2 hours away)
I am glad your story had a happy ending.

I wonder how many more out there are going to end up with lawsuits and challenged wills.

Lots of translucent pasty folks about to find out they don't have a Cherokee princess granny like they holler on about. And same for my fellow Latinos, yall about to find out yall got more Moctezuma and no Spanish royalty.
Did some ancestry research without DNA these past few weeks. No Spanish royalty and I don’t come at all from Aztecs from what I’ve seen so far. Very few of us come from those kinds of bloodlines lol. Pretty much all of my great-grandparents bloodlines consist of laborers and farmers who never left the same town for centuries.

I did see some huge age gaps, cousin-fucking, and terribly young pre-teen mothers. Normal 1700s Mexican mining town shit.

I don't really care where it says I'm from or if I have a sprinter muscle type or whatever

Whats the point? Who cares what your "make up" is... Its evident to yourself and everyone around you who you are.

This is you paying to have a 3rd party harvest and share your genetic data.

I'm 0.2% African, isn't that exciting??? No. No one cares.

My grandmother was adopted so I’m a little curious of the results

Funny how you never see Native Americans but every white person swears they are 1/4 Cherokee.
Cringe whiteys in the USA say that because they don't want to feel like the descendants of European foreigners (which they are) which essentially makes them foreigners as well. They want to feel and prove that part of them is also native to American soil (which is not true). It's an insecurity relatively common among whiteys in the USA. Deep down they know they are foreigners but they only want to label other races of people in the USA as foreigners meanwhile pretending that they themselves are "native".

Kiwis (NZ) fuck sheep not Aussies. As you were.
You aussies are too scared to fuck roos, dingos, cassowarys and emus. And after you gave all the koalas gonorrhea, well, we all know why there's more sheep in Aus than in NZ...

Cringe whiteys in the USA say that because they don't want to feel like the descendants of European foreigners (which they are) which essentially makes them foreigners as well. They want to feel and prove that part of them is also native to American soil (which is not true). It's an insecurity relatively common among whiteys in the USA. Deep down they know they are foreigners but they only want to label other races of people in the USA as foreigners meanwhile pretending that they themselves are "native".

Im a whitey in the USA and I can honestly say that I’ve never heard any other whiteys in the USA do this either. Every whitey I know is just fine being a whitey in the USA

I did it because I was curious about my mother's side as my father's side is rock-solidly Sicilian, and came over on the boat in 1900. The stories of a Filipino sailor jumping ship in New Orleans were factual, as it is the 3rd highest percentage behind Italian and German. The rest was pretty cool, Maltese, Greek, Spanish, Arab, Southeast Asian, Nepalese, Northern European, Basque, and French. I find it neat as it's a story about my ancestor's journies across the globe.

Back