• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Ever done an ancestry DNA test?

I plan to commit some crimes so I don't do it.
I remember seeing a YouTube video or documentary saying they caught a famous serial killer because they don’t need your DNA, just like your second cousins and they got you.

And then the lady who did the tests was using Duckduckgo because she likes her privacy lol

Last edited:
My wife pushed me into it, but scientifically speaking, ... it's all bullshit.

Your "results" are based upon genetic similarities to other users, and they are based upon what those other users reported.

Ex. If you are "%50 British", it means they found particular DNA strands that matched to other users that claimed they had British heritage in their ancestry.

It's a scam. There is no biological "race", or similar, amongst Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

They are useful for identifying distant familial relationships via census and other documents, though.

To each their own. For those of that persuasion, I hope they have velcro gloves for ease of access

I like wearing wellies so I can just slip the hind legs into them for security.

Better yet, do them on a cliff so they back into you...

Don't know a DNA testing group out of Europe but know Europeans have the DNA test done as I've been in contact with a few distant relatives from Europe. Come to think of it a year ago or so I was contacted through Ancestry by a distant relative living in Finland.

Yes,I did. During the pandemic,I had alot of disposable income and time to think of shit to do.

I like wearing wellies so I can just slip the hind legs into them for security.

Better yet, do them on a cliff so they back into you...

Is it true that wearing a kilt leaves your hands free to hang onto the sheep?

I remember seeing a YouTube video or documentary saying they caught a famous serial killer because they don’t need your DNA, just like your second cousins and they got you.

And then the lady who did the tests was using Duckduckgo because she likes her privacy lol
Wait! I have to murder my cousins now?

Funny how you never see Native Americans but every white person swears they are 1/4 Cherokee.
I see Native Americans all the time. I teach quite a few.

As for the "white person who swears they are 1/4 Cherokee", I assume a handful of peole who use these ancestor DNA services are doing so in the hopes of checking a box in order to get acceptance in college, more scholarships, or a job.

so.... I actually have an interesting story relating to this. My wifey had her DNA tested for ancestral and health reasons and found out that she had some close relatives nearby that we didn't know about, her mother was adopted and tried looking for any family years before but was unsuccessful...........until this! It turns out that we found her mom's brother who ironically lived about 5 blocks away from her for 20 years, he was able to connect her with their father who tried to look for her but the way it was done back in the day there were no records to protect the people involved. She hadn't known any family until she was 65, now was able to meet her father and has a brother she talks with.

Bro if they refuse to ship to EU it's usually because they can't / won't comply with EU law.

With something like this, they're probably not compliant with EU law about medical data privacy.
I would think because of the time for shipping the sample back? Could be wrong though

My wife pushed me into it, but scientifically speaking, ... it's all bullshit.

Your "results" are based upon genetic similarities to other users, and they are based upon what those other users reported.

Ex. If you are "%50 British", it means they found particular DNA strands that matched to other users that claimed they had British heritage in their ancestry.

It's a scam. There is no biological "race", or similar, amongst Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

They are useful for identifying distant familial relationships via census and other documents, though.
Lol, sounds like someone found out he had sub Saharan African ancestry.

No, they don’t just ask people, “What ancestry do you have,” test them, and then compare your DNA to theirs.

Back